Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,102 members, 7,814,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? (20831 Views)

How Do You Tell Your First Wife You Married Another Wife? / 12 Types Of Parents You See In Nigeria / Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by mespusinglez(m): 10:35am On Feb 23, 2022
MORNING NL

Y'all should share your experience
How you told them
And what was their (your parents) reactions

Rocktation cheesy
Farano grin

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by maiquel: 10:35am On Feb 23, 2022
I never won marry.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by mespusinglez(m): 10:37am On Feb 23, 2022
maiquel:
I never won marry.
WHY

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by Nobody: 10:40am On Feb 23, 2022
I'm a bachelor jare smiley

9 Likes

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by maiquel: 10:41am On Feb 23, 2022
mespusinglez:
WHY

Well... Marriage is not for the weak, currently I am weak.
Weak in the sense that I am indecisive about my choices.

118 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by Nobody: 10:42am On Feb 23, 2022
Can't imagine being married yet. I feel like it isn't for me. Time will tell.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by mespusinglez(m): 10:42am On Feb 23, 2022
maiquel:

Well... Marriage is not for the weak, currently I am weak.
Weak in the sense that I am indecisive about my choices.
DAHM NIGGA IS ALRIGHT...I UNDERSTAND...BUT YOU CAN WORK ON IT THOUGH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by Haakeem(m): 10:43am On Feb 23, 2022
Me and the fellow niggas above except the op are enjoying our bachelor life.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by maiquel: 10:43am On Feb 23, 2022
mespusinglez:
DAHM NIGGA IS ALRIGHT...I UNDERSTAND...BUT YOU CAN WORK ON IT THOUGH

Yeah, until then wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by mespusinglez(m): 10:48am On Feb 23, 2022
Haakeem:
Me and the fellow niggas above except the op are enjoying our bachelor life.
AND WHO TOLD YOU THAT AM ALSO NOT ENJOYING MY BACHELORHOOD?

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by valdes00(m): 11:02am On Feb 23, 2022
Mumcy... Labi don gt belle oo

She started dancing undecided, matter wey dey pain me as labi no gree do abortion

92 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by mespusinglez(m): 1:01pm On Feb 23, 2022
valdes00:
Mumcy... Labi don gt belle oo

She started dancing undecided, matter wey dey pain me as labi no gree do abortion
that's mom for you...how about the disciplinary dad reaction grin coz na their reaction worst pass

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by valdes00(m): 1:25pm On Feb 23, 2022
mespusinglez:
that's mom for you...how about the disciplinary dad reaction grin coz na their reaction worst pass
Dude is late grin

28 Likes

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by HeadNigga: 8:41pm On Mar 17, 2022
Yesterday it was " how do I congratulate my neighbour who just gave birth?".

Today it is " how did you tell your parents you want to get married?"

This is rubbish na

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by nony43(m): 8:42pm On Mar 17, 2022
Palee and Malee belle don enter o

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by iHart(m): 8:42pm On Mar 17, 2022
Hahaha.
Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by RisenJoe(m): 8:42pm On Mar 17, 2022
27yrs and no gf talk more of fiance.

Shey I go marry like this bayi??

Na surrogacy dey my mind, I no get strength for drama of women.

I thank God for the kind of mum and Dad I have, they are so open minded and supportive.

Why would I marry someone that can come tomorrow and change for worse, me that's so emotional and hardly fall in love but when I love laidis I would literally worship the ground you step on. And after all that, you will now come and break my heart, woo I go kee u and myself.

Make I just dey on my own ooooo.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by Flamees(m): 8:43pm On Mar 17, 2022
NamelessOGBENI:
Happened last year and that was the greatest news my old ones must have heard a long time ago.

But at the end of the day, the families still scatter the whole thing with hearsay and rumors. '

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by harmargedon: 8:43pm On Mar 17, 2022
Me: I'm in love.
Mum: marry her. undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 17, 2022
As long as you know she has no issues with your mum in future.. it's a yes from your parents

1 Like

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by Mko123(m): 8:43pm On Mar 17, 2022
I really don't have an idea here
Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by Teaser4(m): 8:43pm On Mar 17, 2022
Bachelor’s degree
I Stan

15 Likes

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 8:43pm On Mar 17, 2022
Happened last year and that was the greatest news my old ones must have heard a long time ago.

But at the end of the day, the families still scatter the whole thing with hearsay and rumors. The old man had to call me yesterday to remind me about bringing a wife home, I just had to shut him up with the usual, 'after the whole back and forth, I need to figure out myself first then we can start talking'

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by handsomeyinka(m): 8:43pm On Mar 17, 2022
At 21 years old..

I just walked up to my dads living room and i hinted him about my plan to start my wedding preparations cos i was ready to settle @ 21.

Na so my dad first look at me like this

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by DADYMIKE(m): 8:43pm On Mar 17, 2022
Let me sit and learn
Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by 9jaBloke: 8:43pm On Mar 17, 2022
You know I'm not getting younger and the bible says in Genesis 2:24 that 'a man shall leave his father and mother and shall cleave to his wife and they shall become one flesh.'

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by Fyie: 8:43pm On Mar 17, 2022
Na pesin wey don ready for wahala "X2" dey marry.

Me wey no like to dey use one perfume for long... How I go take dey with one person forever.

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by Snakedoctor1: 8:43pm On Mar 17, 2022
mespusinglez:
MORNING NL

Y'all should share your experience
How you told them
And what was their (your parents) reactions

Rocktation cheesy
Farano grin

They rather told me to go and marry.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by tachusta(m): 8:44pm On Mar 17, 2022
Now adays, na Parents go tell U say U suppose marry o.
Dey don tire 2 dey c U 4 dia houz b dat.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by iCauseTrouble: 8:44pm On Mar 17, 2022
Most marriages this day are just because of unplanned pregnancy

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ultimate Guide To 2014 (For Nigerian Ladies) / Child Discipline: Do You Believe In Beating Your Child? / 21 Tell Tale Signs Of Emotional Abuse in marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.