Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,545 members, 7,837,092 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? (20881 Views)

How Do You Tell Your First Wife You Married Another Wife? / 12 Types Of Parents You See In Nigeria / Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by Munzy14(m): 9:42pm On Mar 17, 2022
Teaser4:
Bachelor’s degree
I Stan
You guys na cruise...lol

1 Like

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by NaijaElba(m): 10:15pm On Mar 17, 2022
I didnt tell them. They told me to bring a lady when I wanted to japa about 6years ago.
Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by Edipet(m): 10:20pm On Mar 17, 2022
Them no even see me with girl before...
I don't have a girlfriend because am still in Nigeria, here in Nigeria, na Nigerian girls full everywhere.
Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by Karac: 10:23pm On Mar 17, 2022
who marriage epp? abegi!! angry sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by Herbefair01(m): 10:27pm On Mar 17, 2022
nony43:
Palee and Malee belle don enter o
���
Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by Misterone: 10:31pm On Mar 17, 2022
mespusinglez:
MORNING NL

Y'all should share your experience
How you told them
And what was their (your parents) reactions

Rocktation cheesy
Farano grin
only children will make this kind of thread
Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Mar 17, 2022
mespusinglez:
MORNING NL

How you told them

Rocktation cheesy
Farano grin
Marry a good girl.
-ma
Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 17, 2022
maiquel:

Well... Marriage is not for the weak, currently I am weak.
Weak in the sense that I am indecisive about my choices.

Your choice of spouse will be your strength.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by emmy512: 10:56pm On Mar 17, 2022
Have no idea which of them to marry sef.
But i bet when i do their first reaction would be "i hope its not akwa ibom girl or efik"
Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by Dirkcoyt: 11:17pm On Mar 17, 2022
soundOsonic:
Na them put wife for my hand, as I dey bring hookup babes, what broke the camel back was when I brought an unknown cousin and they recognize her.
I still wan enter because, I no fit pay for her TF and no do

Them give me wan girl like this, wey Sabi well well, she don born like 3 for me now.

But I still dey do small small hookup and my popsy and mumsy know

But my wife wey dey do like mumu think say girls wey I dey bring for my papa house na my brother course mate

I as a person don’t like marriage and won’t marry but your last line is very disrespectful to the mother of your kids . For clout or what ? Why would you say your wife wey Dey do like mumu? Show some respect and grow up man !

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by Silentgroper(m): 11:33pm On Mar 17, 2022
gift0123:
Mummy and daddy I have chose a permanent prick for life... Ya one forever prick (wholesale) for myself tongue tongue.

You can now think wharever that come to your mind undecided undecided wink
What if dat prick doesnt satisfy u? .. What if dat prick shoot blanks? .. What if the prick is a two seconder? ..

Ma'am, have a back up prick oo. Don't say i didnt warn u..
Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by Lexusgs430: 11:50pm On Mar 17, 2022
I simply invited my girlfriend to Lagos, I already told my Mum she would be staying in our house.......

She arrived, I introduced her to my Mum.... I later told my Mum, this is her daughter in-law........

She had her opposition (the usual reaction).........

I told her it's going to happen regardless, in her front or back .........

So best she remains part of the celebration......... cheesy
Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by ddeola: 2:53am On Mar 18, 2022
My Momma (God bless her soul), was very happy from inception because they never saw me or heard me mention any gal whatsoever because I never had a girlfriend (Relationship wise) so they were worried. My sisters even tried to fix me up with one fine gal like dat but I didn't give d girl face because I was focussed on my career and future plans as a young banker with nice job, my own apartment, my own car and then I was also doing my MBA. I just no want any girl wahala but when I was done and ready I spoke with my mum about my next move. It was as if she knows the girl already and just wed us asap. As God will have it, I met a smashing beauty, we courted for 4 years and got married. She's my world. Even before my mum passed on, they were like 5 and 6, they spoil me like say tomorrow no dey. Na God o, who I b?

10 Likes

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by Awoleesu(m): 5:15am On Mar 18, 2022
mespusinglez:
MORNING NL

How you told them

Rocktation cheesy
Farano grin

Lol!
They were the ones who actually asked; Oga when you go marry sef? grin

All my juniors were settling down, I was either busy at work or studying further...

So, I caught court a chick and sent her to them for verification... grin grin grin

It's been almost 20 years now! smiley

1 Like

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by psalmz(m): 6:09am On Mar 18, 2022
In my own case they refused, they said she should go for prayers cos pastors are saying she has marine spirit,na so we court and court and court until them taya,after 2 kids they say make I go pay money

1 Like

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by BigDawsNet: 6:10am On Mar 18, 2022
Me: I think I'm gonna marry her
Dad: Good... From what tribe
Me: Tribe ke, she's not a Nigerian
Dad: so from where son
Me: Here, but from Minnesota actually
Dad: God bless you dear

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by fanzine(f): 6:22am On Mar 18, 2022
@op why ask this question here, when 90% of nairaland members are under age

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by aylive02(m): 6:24am On Mar 18, 2022
mespusinglez:
MORNING NL

How you told them

Rocktation cheesy
Farano grin
. My dad shunned me for good 5 days before we talked it out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by Chuksmonika(m): 6:53am On Mar 18, 2022
Na this January sha, I just visited them, in the night, I called them and told them there is this girl I've been seeing for a while, told them her name and where she is from, mum was so happy...i told them she will be visiting the next day.

My baby, Peace, came the next day, come see bonding, my parents come be like her parents. I always see her either gisiting with my dad or mum for the 3days she spent.

We'll be doing our wedding soon.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by Nobody: 7:05am On Mar 18, 2022
Silentgroper:
What if dat prick doesnt satisfy u? .. What if dat prick shoot blanks? .. What if the prick is a two seconder? ..

Ma'am, have a back up prick oo. Don't say i didnt warn u..

Hmmmmm
Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by folake4u(f): 7:08am On Mar 18, 2022
This thread got me thinking how my parents would react if I bring a man home.
My father's reaction will be so epic! Lmao. ,grin cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by kingjahjah(m): 7:33am On Mar 18, 2022
My Mama was already expecting me to settle down.....after she has seen many ladies with his son.....she said oga pick better one and move on..
Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by soundOsonic: 8:01am On Mar 18, 2022
Dirkcoyt:

I as a person don’t like marriage and won’t marry but your last line is very disrespectful to the mother of your kids . For clout or what ? Why would you say your wife wey Dey do like mumu? Show some respect and grow up man !
Na why I marry her, that's her good quality
Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by Abc2Z: 9:00am On Mar 18, 2022
Just take him/her home to your parent.

Dad/Mum this is the person I want to marry.

capiche!
Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by Ishilove: 9:28am On Mar 18, 2022
folake4u:
This thread got me thinking how my parents would react if I bring a man home.
My father's reaction will be so epic! Lmao. ,grin cheesy
Why? Are you not of age? smiley
Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by papamalik(m): 10:41am On Mar 18, 2022
I told my oldman my girlfriend is pregnant and I am responsible. And we have both come a long way (6yrs courtship). I am ready to settle down with her. He said OK!, You just started working barely a year, with good planning, you should manage. But first, since we are not Yoruba and she is a yoruba girl, first thing first. Take her to Kogi State and show her around the Igala kingdom, let her know your root and people. If she accepts them then we are good to go with the marriage. So I took my babe to my village and spent some days with her there and rest is history.

We are married with 4 kids today. First child is now 16years old.

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by folake4u(f): 11:51am On Mar 18, 2022
Ishilove:

Why? Are you not of age? smiley

Lmao. I am of age, but not ready for it yet.
Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by Annafoxxy23: 11:26pm On Mar 18, 2022
Wanna see my naked photo? WRITE ME THERE ► vk.cc/cbZXa3
Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by mespusinglez(m): 4:29pm On Aug 21, 2022
Lorayne I DEY OUTSIDE YOUR HOUSE
Re: How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? by 77star: 12:31pm On Sep 12, 2022
emmy512:
Have no idea which of them to marry sef.
But i bet when i do their first reaction would be "i hope its not akwa ibom girl or efik"

baba, abeg i dey hear too many things about these akwa ibom ladies here on nairaland

pls what is the main issue with them gan gan?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Delivers Triplets "After 9 Years Of Name-calling And Insults" / ‘she Bathed Our House Help With Hot Water Accusing Her Of Sleeping With Me’ / Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.