Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,281 members, 7,846,284 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Biden Reacts To Attack On Ukraine, Says The World Will Hold Russia Accountable - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Biden Reacts To Attack On Ukraine, Says The World Will Hold Russia Accountable (15558 Views)

Former VP, Pence: History Will Hold Donald Trump Accountable For Jan 6 / Biden Reacts To Overturn Of Abortion Rights By Supreme Court / Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biden Reacts To Attack On Ukraine, Says The World Will Hold Russia Accountable by KINGOROOLA: 7:00am On Feb 24, 2022
Thanks 4 dis info... Shame on the west.

Cptflint:
Which world?...when they should have resolved this nonsense by urging the Kyiv regime to implement the Minsk agreement, instead USA spit on it, urging the Kyiv regime to reneged on it for good 8yrs leading to killings of 14000 ethnic Russians in donbas. Whatever that is the outcome of this crisis is on Ukrainian reign and her Western masters.
Re: Biden Reacts To Attack On Ukraine, Says The World Will Hold Russia Accountable by Thorondor: 7:01am On Feb 24, 2022
You want to be president by force .. see your life now

Re: Biden Reacts To Attack On Ukraine, Says The World Will Hold Russia Accountable by 5thcolm(m): 7:01am On Feb 24, 2022
franchasng:
Biden is a ball less President angry

What do you think Biden should do. You think Russia is a small country that US can directly attack? US will not attack countries like Russia unless it attack US directly. Only think you US can do is what Biden is already doing which is to sanction them.
You guys should think a little before labeling someone ball less. THE US is done using tax payers money to fight unnecessary war

1 Like

Re: Biden Reacts To Attack On Ukraine, Says The World Will Hold Russia Accountable by KINGOROOLA: 7:04am On Feb 24, 2022
Jokerman:
War.... what is it good for?
nothing o
Re: Biden Reacts To Attack On Ukraine, Says The World Will Hold Russia Accountable by Ddokie: 7:07am On Feb 24, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

Joe Biden is an Old man with much more wisdom than Trump and his supporters..... He has being in Governance and Politics for 45 years and he knows war isn't good for anyone, his Son has being in several battles for America before his death

When Joe Biden said 6000 American citizens should get out of Ukraine, they called him weak sleepy Joe

A particular Nairaland dooms day pastor from Normerica and Babylon must be really happy

The question is very simple: Why provoke Russia by supporting Ukraine to join NATO? Shebi now that Putin has declared war, sleepy Joe is telling the Ukrainians that his prayers are with them. Na prayer go save them from Putin?
Re: Biden Reacts To Attack On Ukraine, Says The World Will Hold Russia Accountable by ElijahIme1992(m): 7:08am On Feb 24, 2022
Mooh247:

The war has nothing to do with Trump or Biden, it's squarely Ukrainian affairs.... To Join NATO or not so I don't see anything Trump would have done differently in this scenerio than sanctions and noise making
Lol you see dats where you have gotten it all wrong, Trump in his infinite wisdom refused to allow Ukraine join the NATO alliance because he knew it will lead to a war and at the same time he was on the neck of every NATO country to up their defense spending for a day like this but it all fell on deaf ears.. Being in politics for 45 years doesn't make Biden a wise politician but a corrupt one and a puppet for the One World Order..

1 Like

Re: Biden Reacts To Attack On Ukraine, Says The World Will Hold Russia Accountable by Ddokie: 7:09am On Feb 24, 2022
Baawaa:
US is appealing to Russian indirectly.if Trump is the president of US, Russian will not invade Ukraine

If Trump was president, he wouldn't support Ukraine joining NATO.
Re: Biden Reacts To Attack On Ukraine, Says The World Will Hold Russia Accountable by bro4u: 7:09am On Feb 24, 2022
post=110493788:
Countries and leaders usually react to humiliation in one of two ways — aggression or introspection. After China experienced what it called a “century of humiliation” from the West, it responded under Deng Xiaoping by essentially saying: “We’ll show you. We’ll beat you at your own game.”

When Putin felt humiliated by the West after the collapse of the Soviet Union and the expansion of NATO, he responded: “I’ll show you. I’ll beat up Ukraine.”

Yes, it’s all more complicated than that, but my point is this: This is Putin’s war. He’s a bad leader for Russia and its neighbors.
But America and NATO are not just innocent bystanders in his evolution.

When a major conflict like Ukraine breaks out, journalists always ask themselves: “Where should I station myself?” Kyiv? Moscow? Munich? Washington? In this case, my answer is none of these.
The only place to be for understanding this war is inside Russian President Vladimir Putin’s head. Putin is the most powerful, unchecked Russian leader since Stalin, and the timing of this war is a product of his ambitions, strategies and grievances.

But, with all of that said, America is not entirely innocent of fueling his fires.

How so? Putin views Ukraine’s ambition to leave his sphere of influence as both a strategic loss and a personal and national humiliation.
In his speech on Monday, Putin literally said Ukraine has no claim to independence, but is instead an integral part of Russia, its people are “connected with us by blood, family ties.” Which is why Putin’s onslaught against Ukraine’s freely elected government feels like the geopolitical equivalent of an honor killing.

Putin is basically saying to Ukrainians (more of whom want to join the European Union than NATO): “You fell in love with the wrong guy.
You will not run off with either NATO or the E.U. And if I have to club your government to death and drag you back home, I will

The Capital of Kiev is under attack as we type!!!
Copy and Paste mAster
Re: Biden Reacts To Attack On Ukraine, Says The World Will Hold Russia Accountable by Mooh247: 7:11am On Feb 24, 2022
Ddokie:

The question is very simple: Why provoke Russia by supporting Ukraine to join NATO? Shebi now that Putin has declared war, sleepy Joe is telling the Ukrainians that his prayers are with them. Na prayer go save them from Putin?

Like you haven't being seeing US cargo and logistics planes move hardware to Ukraine... What more do you want them to do?! Fight on their behalf?!

Re: Biden Reacts To Attack On Ukraine, Says The World Will Hold Russia Accountable by emmyileri(m): 7:14am On Feb 24, 2022
How I wish Trump is here
Re: Biden Reacts To Attack On Ukraine, Says The World Will Hold Russia Accountable by Ddokie: 7:19am On Feb 24, 2022
Mooh247:

Like you haven't being seeing US cargo and logistics planes move hardware to Ukraine... What more do you want them to do?! Fight on their behalf?!

Of course. They should fight on their behalf. It appears you don't know how powerful russia is. If you do know, how will you support anyone helping a nation to provoke them?

Its very simple: Ukraine should perish the idea of Joining NATO for life.

1 Like

Re: Biden Reacts To Attack On Ukraine, Says The World Will Hold Russia Accountable by Mooh247: 7:21am On Feb 24, 2022
Ddokie:

Of course. They should fight on their behalf. It appears you don't know how powerful russia is. If you do know, how will you support anyone helping a nation to provoke them?

Its very simple: Ukraine should perish the idea of Joining NATO for life.

Simple as ABC, perish the idea of joining NATO till a better time, implement Minsk agreement and let Donbas be, save the whole world another headache and economic meltdown after Covid 19 pandemic

2 Likes

Re: Biden Reacts To Attack On Ukraine, Says The World Will Hold Russia Accountable by Nobody: 7:24am On Feb 24, 2022
Some peoples here like righteousness think this will be the cause of WW3 but the world is not ready for war right now if Russia invade Ukrain today na sanctions upon sanctions go end am and nothing more
Re: Biden Reacts To Attack On Ukraine, Says The World Will Hold Russia Accountable by ibinaboonline: 7:28am On Feb 24, 2022
Bloodletting agents always find an excuse to spill blood.
Cptflint:
Which world?...when they should have resolved this nonsense by urging the Kyiv regime to implement the Minsk agreement, instead USA spit on it, urging the Kyiv regime to reneged on it for good 8yrs leading to killings of 14000 ethnic Russians in donbas. Whatever that is the outcome of this crisis is on Ukrainian reign and her Western masters.
Re: Biden Reacts To Attack On Ukraine, Says The World Will Hold Russia Accountable by PhantomProbe(m): 7:36am On Feb 24, 2022
Mannabbqisdaft:

Copied and stolen from the New York Times.

Man isn't bright enough to form his own opinion on things not to talk of geo-politics.

The only thing you know in politics is licking Buhari's anus.
You're right. After reading through, I was just wondering if mannabbq actually authored the write-up. It just didn't align with the intellectual level of his other posts.

2 Likes

Re: Biden Reacts To Attack On Ukraine, Says The World Will Hold Russia Accountable by Onepeople: 7:39am On Feb 24, 2022
post=110493788:
Countries and leaders usually react to humiliation in one of two ways — aggression or introspection. After China experienced what it called a “century of humiliation” from the West, it responded under Deng Xiaoping by essentially saying: “We’ll show you. We’ll beat you at your own game.”

When Putin felt humiliated by the West after the collapse of the Soviet Union and the expansion of NATO, he responded: “I’ll show you. I’ll beat up Ukraine.”

Yes, it’s all more complicated than that, but my point is this: This is Putin’s war. He’s a bad leader for Russia and its neighbors.

When a major conflict like Ukraine breaks out, journalists always ask themselves: “Where should I station myself?” Kyiv? Moscow? Munich? Washington? In this case, my answer is none of these.
The only place to be for understanding this war is inside Russian President Vladimir Putin’s head. Putin is the most powerful, unchecked Russian leader since Stalin, and the timing of this war is a product of his ambitions, strategies and grievances.

But, with all of that said, America is not entirely innocent of fueling his fires.

How so? Putin views Ukraine’s ambition to leave his sphere of influence as both a strategic loss and a personal and national humiliation.
In his speech on Monday, Putin literally said Ukraine has no claim to independence, but is instead an integral part of Russia, its people are “connected with us by blood, family ties.” Which is why Putin’s onslaught against Ukraine’s freely elected government feels like the geopolitical equivalent of an honor killing.

Putin is basically saying to Ukrainians (more of whom want to join the European Union than NATO): “You fell in love with the wrong guy.
You will not run off with either NATO or the E.U. And if I have to club your government to death and drag you back home, I will

this one is not intelligent enough to make his own statement, always doing copy and paste. Must you copy and paste in every thread?
Re: Biden Reacts To Attack On Ukraine, Says The World Will Hold Russia Accountable by skipo1010(m): 7:43am On Feb 24, 2022
They are still in verbal challenge V Putin and J Biden. May God helps common man in the country
Re: Biden Reacts To Attack On Ukraine, Says The World Will Hold Russia Accountable by fashrola(m): 7:44am On Feb 24, 2022
post=110493788:

Keep on copying and paste people's comments from news blog to Nairaland without giving credit

I know you ain't bright!!!

Re: Biden Reacts To Attack On Ukraine, Says The World Will Hold Russia Accountable by Dimitarr: 7:45am On Feb 24, 2022
post=110493788:

Can you at least put the source this very eloquent article was plagiarized from ? Everyone knows the moment you start typing something sensible it is never from your brain cells. The least you do is tag the source and stop trying to sound smart and up-to-date.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/21/opinion/putin-ukraine-nato.html
https://dnyuz.com/2022/02/21/this-is-putins-war-but-america-and-nato-arent-innocent-bystanders/
Re: Biden Reacts To Attack On Ukraine, Says The World Will Hold Russia Accountable by Dimitarr: 8:11am On Feb 24, 2022
Cptflint:

Some people fail to understand what is going on is not about been a sovereign state and it is not black and white. Yes Putin is a bad leader and not very diplomatic but what is going on is USA and NATO trying to setup a base and by extension encircle Russia more with one of it closest countries both historically and culture wise. They keep escalating things with their actions saying 'they are keeping them in check' . But yet all this actions of setting up NATO bases around Russia's neighbors and seducing there neighbors to join NATO are all aggressive actions which no sane Russia leader would accept giving the history between USA and Russia. Why didn't they try all this with China as regard Hong Kong when it was so obvious what china is doing ? USA and NATO know what they are doing and trying to achieve but what they fail to understand is the person they are dealing with is not a toothless motherfucker.
Also it was when i watched two lectures giving at Yale university by i believe were US journalist(not sure) on YouTube that i understood what is really going on in Russia and i heard about the Mink's agreement. Its unfortunate that people cant go and do some research and they just gobble up with the media say's is 'right'.
Again i am not saying Putin and Russia are saints oo, but in no a way are the US and NATO not more culpable

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biden Reacts To Attack On Ukraine, Says The World Will Hold Russia Accountable by bluefilm: 8:13am On Feb 24, 2022
Sleepy Joey is barking.
Re: Biden Reacts To Attack On Ukraine, Says The World Will Hold Russia Accountable by Nobody: 8:13am On Feb 24, 2022
Baawaa:
US is appealing to Russian indirectly.if Trump is the president of US, Russian will not invade Ukraine

They have come again. If Trump was president. Get over it losers! Trump is not president! Wake up!

If Trump was president, Putin will invade if he wants to. As long as Ukraine is not in NATO and as long as US and ukraine have no defense treaty, the US has no obligations to defend Ukraine in a war.
Re: Biden Reacts To Attack On Ukraine, Says The World Will Hold Russia Accountable by Nobody: 8:16am On Feb 24, 2022
Samade7:
Mumu Boden talk too much, I trust Netanyahu n Trump.

What will Trump do? Na talk una Sabi. Should I list instances for you when Trump failed to confront Russia when he was president. When intelligence indicated that Russia meddled in US election. Wetin Trump do?
Re: Biden Reacts To Attack On Ukraine, Says The World Will Hold Russia Accountable by DMerciful(m): 8:40am On Feb 24, 2022
Was Cuba not a sovereign country when they wanted the USSR to put missiles there? Why did US threaten to start a war then?
hurryup123:
Ukraine is a sovereign country that is free to chose what is best for them. If they chose to be with NATO, it is up to them to decide and not Russia. Ukraine has been figuring Russia since 2014 under the pretext of Russian separatists. Russia is the aggressor here.
Re: Biden Reacts To Attack On Ukraine, Says The World Will Hold Russia Accountable by Poopypants: 8:40am On Feb 24, 2022
Baawaa:
russia has been invading Ukraine since 2014, what are you talking about?
Re: Biden Reacts To Attack On Ukraine, Says The World Will Hold Russia Accountable by Raph82(m): 9:04am On Feb 24, 2022
Let Russia nuke half of Ukraine today, the story will still be, "WE WILL TAKE HARSH DECISION ON RUSSIA IF THEY SHOULD ATTACK UKRAINE AGAIN". When exactly will west take their action on Russia? na just to dey make mouth till Russia levels Ukraine.
Re: Biden Reacts To Attack On Ukraine, Says The World Will Hold Russia Accountable by JohnSP99: 9:31am On Feb 24, 2022
[quote author=ogascomax post=110493845][/quote] yest it will not happen that's because Trump is in bed with Putin
Re: Biden Reacts To Attack On Ukraine, Says The World Will Hold Russia Accountable by Okemmuo(m): 9:32am On Feb 24, 2022
Jokerman:
War.... what is it good for?
........absolutely nothing
Re: Biden Reacts To Attack On Ukraine, Says The World Will Hold Russia Accountable by Deborah98(f): 10:15am On Feb 24, 2022
aylive02:
grin
Their problem. Wetin concern us?
It does concern us ,our loved ones and fellow countrymen are there and it will be a blow on us if help doesn't get to them in time. War does no one any good.

1 Like

Re: Biden Reacts To Attack On Ukraine, Says The World Will Hold Russia Accountable by deebrownneymar: 10:33am On Feb 24, 2022
You’re simply dumb
Mooh247:
cool

Joe Biden is an Old man with much more wisdom than Trump and his supporters..... He has being in Governance and Politics for 45 years and he knows war isn't good for anyone, his Son has being in several battles for America before his death

When Joe Biden said 6000 American citizens should get out of Ukraine, they called him weak sleepy Joe

A particular Nairaland dooms day pastor from Normerica and Babylon must be really happy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Trump Charged With Conspiracy To Commit Forgery / Video Of French Air Strike In Mali / Time And CNN Suspend Fareed Zakaria For Plagiarism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.