Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,103 members, 7,814,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Ukraine: The UK And Our Allies Will Respond Decisively - Borris Johnson - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ukraine: The UK And Our Allies Will Respond Decisively - Borris Johnson (10448 Views)

Putin: Russia Will Respond if NATO Deploys Weapons In Finland And Sweden / Ukraine war: NATO will respond in kind if Putin uses chemical weapons - Biden / Borris Johnson: We Will Cripple Russia's Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ukraine: The UK And Our Allies Will Respond Decisively - Borris Johnson by Mynd44: 6:10am On Feb 24, 2022
I am appalled by the horrific events in Ukraine and I have spoken to President Zelenskyy to discuss next steps.

President Putin has chosen a path of bloodshed and destruction by launching this unprovoked attack on Ukraine.

The UK and our allies will respond decisively.
https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/1496709938973917186?t=2LfTL8RuR8G3vEOJZRotsw&s=19

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine: The UK And Our Allies Will Respond Decisively - Borris Johnson by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:11am On Feb 24, 2022
Watching World News Early this morning @[/b].

Following what is going on in Ukraine.

So sad people are going to die,
Many lives are gonna be lost.

Peace is all we want in the world.....
Why can't we live as brothers and sisters in this present age.

We say [b]NO TO WAR
@[/b].

[b]The Capital of Kiev is under attack as we type!!!

We are afraid to see this getting to other part of the earth.
God save our world �

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ukraine: The UK And Our Allies Will Respond Decisively - Borris Johnson by SmartProf(m): 6:11am On Feb 24, 2022
Less talk please. It appears Putin knows that the worse other world leaders will do is to apply sanctions, and Russia under Putin doesn't give a fvck about that. Meanwhile I hope Buhari doesn't think that by Borris Johnson's statement of UK and her allies responding, Nigeria qualifies to respond?? Borris Johnson isn't referring to allies who only seek to collect loans.

78 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ukraine: The UK And Our Allies Will Respond Decisively - Borris Johnson by Fapemz: 6:11am On Feb 24, 2022
hmmmm....could this beginning of third world war and the world may be thrown into an energy crises. We have the right solution for your basic power needs like light, phone, Laptop etcetera. See previous post and stay out of trouble!

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: The UK And Our Allies Will Respond Decisively - Borris Johnson by tiktop: 6:11am On Feb 24, 2022
Ok
Re: Ukraine: The UK And Our Allies Will Respond Decisively - Borris Johnson by Tifesingz: 6:11am On Feb 24, 2022
Putin be giving everybody hot hot!! Putin omo weyrey!!

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ukraine: The UK And Our Allies Will Respond Decisively - Borris Johnson by Mihaug(m): 6:11am On Feb 24, 2022
All these times I have been playing call of duty, it feels surreal knowing some people are actually living in it at the moment.

Always russia, Always russia

From game to real life, Always russia

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine: The UK And Our Allies Will Respond Decisively - Borris Johnson by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:12am On Feb 24, 2022
Countries and leaders usually react to humiliation in one of two ways — aggression or introspection. After China experienced what it called a “century of humiliation” from the West, it responded under Deng Xiaoping by essentially saying: “We’ll show you. We’ll beat you at your own game.”

When Putin felt humiliated by the West after the collapse of the Soviet Union and the expansion of NATO, he responded: “I’ll show you. I’ll beat up Ukraine.”

Yes, it’s all more complicated than that, but my point is this: This is Putin’s war. He’s a bad leader for Russia and its neighbors.
But America and NATO are not just innocent bystanders in his evolution.

When a major conflict like Ukraine breaks out, journalists always ask themselves: “Where should I station myself?” Kyiv? Moscow? Munich? Washington? In this case, my answer is none of these.
The only place to be for understanding this war is inside Russian President Vladimir Putin’s head. Putin is the most powerful, unchecked Russian leader since Stalin, and the timing of this war is a product of his ambitions, strategies and grievances.

But, with all of that said, America is not entirely innocent of fueling his fires.

How so? Putin views Ukraine’s ambition to leave his sphere of influence as both a strategic loss and a personal and national humiliation.
In his speech on Monday, Putin literally said Ukraine has no claim to independence, but is instead an integral part of Russia, its people are “connected with us by blood, family ties.” Which is why Putin’s onslaught against Ukraine’s freely elected government feels like the geopolitical equivalent of an honor killing.

Putin is basically saying to Ukrainians (more of whom want to join the European Union than NATO): “You fell in love with the wrong guy.
You will not run off with either NATO or the E.U. And if I have to club your government to death and drag you back home, I will

The Capital of Kiev is under attack as we type!!!

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ukraine: The UK And Our Allies Will Respond Decisively - Borris Johnson by Dproperties: 6:12am On Feb 24, 2022
All is we want is peace ✌️ and just peace

Re: Ukraine: The UK And Our Allies Will Respond Decisively - Borris Johnson by Bennita911: 6:12am On Feb 24, 2022
Respond
Re: Ukraine: The UK And Our Allies Will Respond Decisively - Borris Johnson by Jeromejnr(m): 6:12am On Feb 24, 2022
They bashed Righteousness2 saying "na lie there will be no war"...

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine: The UK And Our Allies Will Respond Decisively - Borris Johnson by ednut1(m): 6:13am On Feb 24, 2022
Past glory nation. Only usa and china should put mouth

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine: The UK And Our Allies Will Respond Decisively - Borris Johnson by Samade7: 6:13am On Feb 24, 2022
Una mouth too much joor.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: The UK And Our Allies Will Respond Decisively - Borris Johnson by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:13am On Feb 24, 2022
The US caused this war sad. They did not learn any lesson from the second world war

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: The UK And Our Allies Will Respond Decisively - Borris Johnson by WarriAproko: 6:13am On Feb 24, 2022
So many noise on media. I like putin less noise more action

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine: The UK And Our Allies Will Respond Decisively - Borris Johnson by WarriAproko: 6:14am On Feb 24, 2022
Reason i loke the way China are minding their business
Re: Ukraine: The UK And Our Allies Will Respond Decisively - Borris Johnson by Obyangel: 6:15am On Feb 24, 2022
Believe UK at your own destruction. Ukrainians have to defend their country and hope for the best. No country fears Russia Federation more than UK in entire Europe

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ukraine: The UK And Our Allies Will Respond Decisively - Borris Johnson by Harddiskng(m): 6:15am On Feb 24, 2022
Putin is looking for cause against the world powers themselves. Ukraine is just a means to an end.

Make Boris calm down oo. Like play like play, world war 3 can happen just now.

Russia and China are allies, over sure dey worry them. They are looking for an avenue to flex their muscle without the whole world seeing them as villians.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: The UK And Our Allies Will Respond Decisively - Borris Johnson by UselessBuharist: 6:15am On Feb 24, 2022
These guys should act now
Re: Ukraine: The UK And Our Allies Will Respond Decisively - Borris Johnson by Jokerman(m): 6:15am On Feb 24, 2022
TOPCRUISE:
The US caused this war sad. They did not learn any lesson from the second world war

How did the US cause the war?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine: The UK And Our Allies Will Respond Decisively - Borris Johnson by athaboi(f): 6:16am On Feb 24, 2022
Good
Re: Ukraine: The UK And Our Allies Will Respond Decisively - Borris Johnson by chibike69: 6:16am On Feb 24, 2022
cool

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: The UK And Our Allies Will Respond Decisively - Borris Johnson by handsomeyinka(m): 6:16am On Feb 24, 2022
Its getting very messy..

May God save the people of Ukraine

#WE STAND WITH UKRAINE

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: The UK And Our Allies Will Respond Decisively - Borris Johnson by thatsleepboy1: 6:16am On Feb 24, 2022
Re: Ukraine: The UK And Our Allies Will Respond Decisively - Borris Johnson by benuejosh: 6:16am On Feb 24, 2022
Russia is just playing yoyo with the world at the moment.
Re: Ukraine: The UK And Our Allies Will Respond Decisively - Borris Johnson by NOC1(m): 6:16am On Feb 24, 2022
Russia and China want to humble USA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ukraine: The UK And Our Allies Will Respond Decisively - Borris Johnson by jerflakes(m): 6:17am On Feb 24, 2022
We told them that Putin fears no man, they said it's a lie.

Now they don see am.

US and UK wil make all the noise they want, and nothing will happen.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine: The UK And Our Allies Will Respond Decisively - Borris Johnson by Chigozirimkpoma: 6:17am On Feb 24, 2022
cool
Re: Ukraine: The UK And Our Allies Will Respond Decisively - Borris Johnson by Imstrong2(m): 6:17am On Feb 24, 2022
This man speaks more authoritatively unlike biden

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rockets Fired From Gaza In To Israel As Obama Visits / Chile's Opposition Moves To Oust President Over Pandora Papers Revelations / Rare Images Of North Korea Military.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.