Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,387 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Protesters Around The World Rally In Support Of Ukraine (Photos) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Protesters Around The World Rally In Support Of Ukraine (Photos) (29799 Views)

Mali And Burkina Faso Release Joint Statement In Support Of Nigerien Coup / 200,000 Fresh Russian Troops Preparing To Capture The Whole Of Ukraine (Photos) / Timeline: Six Months Of Russia’s War In Ukraine (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protesters Around The World Rally In Support Of Ukraine (Photos) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 7:38am On Feb 24, 2022
Demonstrators take to the streets in London, Tokyo, Paris and many other cities to protest Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

Lebanese and Ukrainians living in Lebanon carry placards during a protest against Russia's invasion of Ukraine, near the Russian Embassy in Beirut, Lebanon [Mohamed Azakir/Reuters]

A demonstrator holds a European Union flag during a protest against Russia's military invasion of Ukraine, in front of the Russian Consulate in Barcelona. [Pau Barrena/AFP]

Demonstrators hold a placard reading 'Ukraine is our home' in front of the Austrian Ministry of Foreign Affairs during a protest against Russia's invasion of Ukraine, in Vienna, Austria. [Alex Halada/AFP]

Ukrainians protest in front of the Russian Embassy in Madrid, Spain. [Jon Nazca/Reuters]

Shortly after news broke of the Russian attack against Ukraine, demonstrators gathered outside Russian Embassies and other landmark spots in many parts of the world.

People waved yellow-blue Ukrainian flags and chanted pro-Ukraine slogans at the rallies on Thursday. Many of the demonstrators, including Ukrainian expats, held up banners saying “Ukraine will resist” and “Say No to Putin”.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy compared Russia’s invasion of the country to military campaigns carried out by Nazi Germany during World War II.

“Russia has attacked Ukraine in a cowardly and suicidal way like Nazi Germany did during World War II,” he said in an online briefing, during which he called on Ukrainians to “go out” and “protest against this war”.

People participate in a demonstration in front of the Russian Embassy following Russia's invasion of Ukraine, in Oslo, Norway. [Heiko Junge/NTB/Reuters]

Japanese and Ukrainian protesters attend a rally against Russia's invasion of Ukraine, in Tokyo, Japan. [Kim Kyung-Hoon/Reuters]

Source: https://www.aljazeera.com/gallery/2022/2/24/photos-protesters-rally-around-the-world-in-support-of-ukraine

2 Likes

Re: Protesters Around The World Rally In Support Of Ukraine (Photos) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 7:44am On Feb 24, 2022
Peace is the weapon of the strong.
Let's embrace peace with one another.

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Protesters Around The World Rally In Support Of Ukraine (Photos) by donbachi(m): 7:46am On Feb 24, 2022
Initial gra gra.
Re: Protesters Around The World Rally In Support Of Ukraine (Photos) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 3:29am On Feb 25, 2022
May the Innocent Souls lost in Ukraine rest in Peace.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Protesters Around The World Rally In Support Of Ukraine (Photos) by kingthreat(m): 5:01am On Feb 25, 2022
All women know how to do is protest. I thought they are equal to men.
What is stopping them from carrying AK47 to go and fight Putin?

136 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Protesters Around The World Rally In Support Of Ukraine (Photos) by tillaman(m): 7:22am On Feb 25, 2022
i doubt if Putin plans on stopping, he adores loseb Stalin a lot, I have watched countless interviews which Putin always makes reference to Stalin’s quotes and ideology

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Around The World Rally In Support Of Ukraine (Photos) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:32am On Feb 25, 2022
kingthreat:
All women know how to do is protest. I thought they are equal to men.
What is stopping them from carrying AK47 to go and fight Putin?
Why don't you take it up against the Ukrainian government who made it compulsory to draft men because in the news Ukraine called on Reservists who also consist of women to come to fight the war.
Even women joined to collect weapons too.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Around The World Rally In Support Of Ukraine (Photos) by kingthreat(m): 7:36am On Feb 25, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

Why don't you take it up against the Ukrainian government who made it compulsory to draft men because in the news Ukraine called on Reservists who also consist of women to come to fight the war.
Even women joined to collect weapons too.

Madam go and fight war. Make it easy for your opponents.

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Protesters Around The World Rally In Support Of Ukraine (Photos) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:40am On Feb 25, 2022
kingthreat:

Madam go and fight war. Make it easy for your opponents.
You are just a jester smiley

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Around The World Rally In Support Of Ukraine (Photos) by hollamanng(m): 7:48am On Feb 25, 2022
B
Re: Protesters Around The World Rally In Support Of Ukraine (Photos) by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:48am On Feb 25, 2022
Putin is a little bully who is only after his selfish benefit..only the blockheads who think he intend to make the world a greater place is what I pity..

A bloody dictator? Hitler comes to mind...same way he brainwashed his followers and destroyed them and his country..

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Around The World Rally In Support Of Ukraine (Photos) by Winters23: 7:48am On Feb 25, 2022
Western bitches doing their masters bidding

Who will protest in support of Libya, Yemen, Palestine, former Yugoslavia, and all other oppressed people of the world.

Saudi Arabia is in bed with the west despite funding 9/11 and bombing Yemen at will, but who cares since they’re friends with the west.

It’s called “peace keeping “ when the west deploys her troop but an “invasion “ when another country does it.

48 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Protesters Around The World Rally In Support Of Ukraine (Photos) by God1000(m): 7:48am On Feb 25, 2022
I stand with the people of Ukraine

15 Likes

Re: Protesters Around The World Rally In Support Of Ukraine (Photos) by obembet(f): 7:49am On Feb 25, 2022
Seriously I still wonder why some Nigerians are happy about this killing in Ukraine? Whenever they hear Putin, they always supporting him. Animals in human nature full this Nigerian o.

God bless Ukraine.

Thunder fire Putin and all his supporters on Nairaland

50 Likes

Re: Protesters Around The World Rally In Support Of Ukraine (Photos) by CTee1: 7:49am On Feb 25, 2022
Food no go enter my mouth until Putin beg Ukraine forgiveness... Who wan join me?

5 Likes

Re: Protesters Around The World Rally In Support Of Ukraine (Photos) by Ever8090: 7:50am On Feb 25, 2022
Our Nigerian Northern protesters did not show up this time because it is not Israel Vs Palestine

3 Likes

Re: Protesters Around The World Rally In Support Of Ukraine (Photos) by janmi(m): 7:50am On Feb 25, 2022
USA warns the world of Russia total invasion to Ukraine,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Around The World Rally In Support Of Ukraine (Photos) by Lattop1(m): 7:50am On Feb 25, 2022
Buhari /Nigeria never join the protest

3 Likes

Re: Protesters Around The World Rally In Support Of Ukraine (Photos) by humberjade: 7:50am On Feb 25, 2022
When I mentioned earlier that Ukraine will be left to fight against their foes alone. No one can afford the consequences of going all out against Russia, considering everyone is just trying to come back on their feet post-Covid.

Putin on is part doesn't care about sanctions...he doesn't care about the impact on ordinary Russians, the dude just doesn't want NATO in his backyard...i only pity ordinary Ukrainians.

Any military Intervention by the West means only one thing MAD (mutually assured destruction).

At this stage, only the top brass in Russia can stop Putin, if not, he is going all the way.

My prayers are with Ukrainians and our stranded stubborn countrymen in the country.

Senomii:

So when will russia cease fire? Or what would make them to

Although, it will be seen as an act of cowardice, a direct call from the Ukrainian President to Putin, will put an end to it. But the more Russia continue to win more territories within Ukraine, it will become more difficult to halt them? You can't smell victory and then pull back; Putin will want to takeover Ukraine once and for all. He needs to pick the phone and make the call now to save his people!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Around The World Rally In Support Of Ukraine (Photos) by gaby(m): 7:50am On Feb 25, 2022
This one no be matter of rally and protest.

Make una head on to the frontlines carry weapons and fight on behalf of the Ukrainians.

1 Like

Re: Protesters Around The World Rally In Support Of Ukraine (Photos) by Jokerman(m): 7:50am On Feb 25, 2022
tillaman:
i doubt if Putin plans on stopping, he adores loseb Stalin a lot, I have watched countless interviews which Putin always makes reference to Stalin’s quotes and ideology

And he will go the way Stalin went.....
Re: Protesters Around The World Rally In Support Of Ukraine (Photos) by tiswell(m): 7:51am On Feb 25, 2022
I stand with Ukraine!!!

1 Like

Re: Protesters Around The World Rally In Support Of Ukraine (Photos) by b0rn2fuck(m): 7:51am On Feb 25, 2022
I stand with Ukraine

2 Likes

Re: Protesters Around The World Rally In Support Of Ukraine (Photos) by Samuel1402(m): 7:51am On Feb 25, 2022
Kk
Re: Protesters Around The World Rally In Support Of Ukraine (Photos) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:51am On Feb 25, 2022
mizuna:
Putin dey laugh una. Serious laugh for that matter.
Even Russians in Russia are protesting against him.

4 Likes

Re: Protesters Around The World Rally In Support Of Ukraine (Photos) by gistmega: 7:52am On Feb 25, 2022
The Muslims around the world came out in support of Palestine when the crisis escalated with Israel. Ukrainians lent their support some to Israel and some to Palestine. Now, where are all the Palestinian supporters who agitate against occupation? Where are all the media LovePeddler pundits? They stand on the sidelines mute because it is Russia.
The reason why the US and UK remain the best countries is that you can insult the leaders and still walk around freely. Those leaders loudly vocalizing support for Palestine suddenly prove that their entire struggle is religious and not about occupation.

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Brazil Congress Under Siege, Ex-president Bolsonaro Supporters Overrun Security / President Of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev Resigns After 3 Decades In Office / Donald Trump Said He Takes Hydroxychloroquine To Prevent COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.