Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,026 members, 7,818,029 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Inspirational-----2011, The Mid-year Crisis! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Inspirational-----2011, The Mid-year Crisis! (1324 Views)

2013 Mid-year Report Of The Society Of Young Nigerian Writers / Inspirational And Famous Quotes To Inspire You / What Is The Difference Between Motivational And Inspirational? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Inspirational-----2011, The Mid-year Crisis! by ragdollz: 2:14pm On Jun 27, 2011
[size=24pt]Mid-Year Crisis!![/size]

[b][size=14pt](Giggle) Yes, I know, what a title. I know we've heard of the term "Mid-Life Crisis" but here I am cooking up something of my own! True, it's six months into the year 2011 and I'm sure people, like me, are feeling a tinge of panic.

I mean, when it was Jan 2011 we had the whole year ahead of us: possibilities, opportunities, hopes and dreams were endless! Now June is winding to a close and I ask, so soon? Six months of working hard, playing harder - and praying hardest (I'm speaking for myself of course smiley) and now, we only have half-way to go in the race that is 2011.

I know there are people out there who turn their noses up at the thought of measuring their lives and existence by "what they achieved this/that year". And they are right! Why measure your life in months and years and tell yourself, ooooh, I wanted to do this or that by this or that year/month -----get over that!

It's all well and good to set goals and dreams to fit certain time spans; but do not let your life be ruled by deadlines. Save that for the desk job. But when it comes to life ambitions, like getting married, or starting a family, or furthering your education. . . it would do you well to keep things in perspective and don't live by a ticking time bomb, hoping it doesn't explode before you're out of harm's way!

My point, if I may say so, is this: live life, don't measure it. Set goals, but don't fret over them. So long as you aren't lying in bed all day waiting for stuff to happen, so long as you're doing your best, then that should be enough.

Some days I look out the window and feel just happy to be alive. When we think of the little things, and appreciate them, in time we'll grow stronger and better equipped for the big picture that is life[/size].
[/b]

*******Read other features @ sugacanefactory..com

(1) (Reply)

Things Fall Apart Is The Most Important Book In Modern Black History / Read The Full INDIA VS NIGERIA Story / Being Wicked On Weekends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.