Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,429 members, 7,846,785 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

How Ukraine Could Have Repelled Russian Invasion - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / How Ukraine Could Have Repelled Russian Invasion (700 Views)

Russia Says Polish Idea Of Peacekeepers In Ukraine Could Lead To Clash With NATO / Russian Invasion Convoy Ambushed In Ukraine (Video) / US Warns Ukraine There Will Be A Full Scale Russian Invasion ( Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Ukraine Could Have Repelled Russian Invasion by PaNnamdi: 8:40am On Feb 26, 2022
The Ukrainians are in a difficult battle,and I know it's not easy because Russia is a heavily and well equipped determined foe.

there are ways Ukraine if not for their dull leader,could have repelled this attacks and prevent the embarrassment of Ukraine capital Kyiv from been captured in less than 72hrs of fighting.

The Ukrainians were inferior to the Russians in terms of electronic warfare.ukraine ought to have invested much in EW systems.to jam russian radar guided missiles and render them ineffective.The Ukrainian millitary ought to have stop using radars instead they supposed to used infrared systems for missile guidance and tracking,this is becuase infrared uses heat detection and it is difficult to jam unlike radars which uses electronic transmission.

Kyiv ought to have placed infra red guided close in weapon guns at key millitary installations to shoot down hundreds of Russian missiles that are currently hitting targets inside Ukraine and then also invest mostly in anti tank tactics and weapons.these strategies if implemented,would have prevent the embarrassment of rapid defeat the Ukrainians are suffering now.

Ukraine leader himself and his people
Re: How Ukraine Could Have Repelled Russian Invasion by Mayng01(m): 8:52am On Feb 26, 2022
Easier said than done
Re: How Ukraine Could Have Repelled Russian Invasion by joyandfaith: 8:59am On Feb 26, 2022
PaNnamdi:
The Ukrainians are in a difficult battle,and I know it's not easy because Russia is a heavily and well equipped determined foe.

there are ways Ukraine if not for their dull leader,could have repelled this attacks and prevent the embarrassment of Ukraine capital Kyiv from been captured in less than 72hrs of fighting.

The Ukrainians were inferior to the Russians in terms of electronic warfare.ukraine ought to have invested much in EW systems.to jam russian radar guided missiles and render them ineffective.The Ukrainian millitary ought to have stop using radars instead they supposed to used infrared systems for missile guidance and tracking,this is becuase infrared uses heat detection and it is difficult to jam unlike radars which uses electronic transmission.

Kyiv ought to have placed infra red guided close in weapon guns at key millitary installations to shoot down hundreds of Russian missiles that are currently hitting targets inside Ukraine and then also invest mostly in anti tank tactics and weapons.these strategies if implemented,would have prevent the embarrassment of rapid defeat the Ukrainians are suffering now.

Ukraine made mistake of giving Russia their nuclear warheads after collapse of SU. They saw Russia as ally. Most top generals in Soviet Army were Ukrainians. They relied too much of Russia for security. Sooner. Ukraine was getting poorer while Russia kept on accumulating weapons instead of assisting neighbours economically. Ukraine looked toward West for help. Ukraine started promoting liberalism. Russia got angry.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Ukraine Could Have Repelled Russian Invasion by Frigga13: 9:05am On Feb 26, 2022
Gibberish and dead opinion

How many you don give your Nigeria military.. your country fit win war with Ukraine .. one on one without allies ?

Nigerians always forming I too k ow..but radiate ignorance on a steady

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Ukraine Could Have Repelled Russian Invasion by Skooltynz: 9:07am On Feb 26, 2022
Ukraine should have switched to Vietnam style guerrilla,for Christ sake how can an enemy beat you in your land?

1 Like

Re: How Ukraine Could Have Repelled Russian Invasion by Blakjewelry(m): 9:11am On Feb 26, 2022
Ukraine na mumu, instead to align with Russia
Re: How Ukraine Could Have Repelled Russian Invasion by Rareoil(m): 9:16am On Feb 26, 2022
Blakjewelry:
Ukraine na mumu, instead to align with Russia

What have the countries that aligned themselves with Russia gotten
Re: How Ukraine Could Have Repelled Russian Invasion by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:18am On Feb 26, 2022
Haha..if you think they are gonna defeat Ukraine in this?
You are joking..the world is against Putin the bloody dictator and weakling..he must be dealt with..

1 Like

Re: How Ukraine Could Have Repelled Russian Invasion by PaNnamdi: 9:46am On Feb 26, 2022
Frigga13:
Gibberish and dead opinion

How many you don give your Nigeria military.. your country fit win war with Ukraine .. one on one without allies ?

Nigerians always forming I too k ow..but radiate ignorance on a steady
When human beings with brains are exchanging ideas and discussing,ignorant people with a sub human mental capacity ought not to interfere.

Not everybody on nairaland is illiterate and jobless.so if u can't make meaningful contributions to discussions it's better you shut up and stop been an embarrassment to your ancestors

Am against the bad government of Nigeria and I am not a zombie like you people that always lick tinubu and buhari APC and PDP buttocks on nairaland
Thank you

1 Like

Re: How Ukraine Could Have Repelled Russian Invasion by Frigga13: 9:49am On Feb 26, 2022
PaNnamdi:

When human beings with brains are exchanging ideas and discussing,ignorant people with a sub human mental capacity ought not to interfere.

Not everybody on nairaland is illiterate and jobless.so if u can't make meaningful contributions to discussions it's better you shut up and stop been an embarrassment to your ancestors

Am against the bad government of Nigeria and I am not a zombie like you people that always lick tinubu and buhari APC and PDP buttocks on nairaland
Thank you
Ignorance.. trashy trash
Re: How Ukraine Could Have Repelled Russian Invasion by PaNnamdi: 9:50am On Feb 26, 2022
Skooltynz:
Ukraine should have switched to Vietnam style guerrilla,for Christ sake how can an enemy beat you in your land?
Vietnam style won't to work against russia.i hope you heard of how China turned a hill occupied by Indian soldiers into a boiling volcanoe with the Use of microwave weapons?

Russia have microwave weapons and if they deploy it the ground in the enemy side would be too hot to run on talkless of fighting and also with microwave weapons IEDs and ambush attacks nor go work because everything planted or bidding inside the ground go just evaporate and boil.
Re: How Ukraine Could Have Repelled Russian Invasion by PaNnamdi: 9:50am On Feb 26, 2022
Frigga13:

Ignorance.. trashy trash
Alright monkey I have heard you.
Please run along now to your cage wink
Re: How Ukraine Could Have Repelled Russian Invasion by PaNnamdi: 9:53am On Feb 26, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Haha..if you think they are gonna defeat Ukraine in this?
You are joking..the world is against Putin the bloody dictator and weakling..he must be dealt with..
Ukraine are gone already.the russian army are so equipped with the most devastating nuclear and conventional weapons.
Kyiv had already fallen

There is no way ukraine could have stopped an invading russian army.
There is no chance in hell.

1 Like

Re: How Ukraine Could Have Repelled Russian Invasion by Frigga13: 9:54am On Feb 26, 2022
PaNnamdi:

Alright monkey I have heard you.
Please run along now to your cage wink

Just monkey.. hope you’re okay now..

Orishirishi

Next!
Re: How Ukraine Could Have Repelled Russian Invasion by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:55am On Feb 26, 2022
PaNnamdi:

Ukraine are gone already.the russian army are so equipped with the most devastating nuclear and conventional weapons.
Kyiv had already fallen

There is no way ukraine could have stopped an invading russian army.
There is no chance in hell.
Let's wait and see..it's not over until it's over.. kiss
Re: How Ukraine Could Have Repelled Russian Invasion by iLoveYouToo(m): 10:39am On Feb 26, 2022
PaNnamdi:

Bros! Russia is using regular ground tanks and near range missiles fired off helicopters and small planes, I don’t see how radar jamming would’ve worked here.

I’m surprised how you think you’re wiser than the whole of Ukraine, anyways I respect your opinion
Re: How Ukraine Could Have Repelled Russian Invasion by PaNnamdi: 8:53pm On Feb 26, 2022
iLoveYouToo:

Bros! Russia is using regular ground tanks and near range missiles fired off helicopters and small planes, I don’t see how radar jamming would’ve worked here.

I’m surprised how you think you’re wiser than the whole of Ukraine, anyways I respect your opinion
U are getting it wrong.during the first day of the fight,the Russians knocked off the Ukrainian air defence systems that what was handicapped the Ukrainian air defences.war is won in the air if the ukrainians had good air defences they wouldn't have collapsed rapidly like this.

Infra red missile defence systems would have been the major systems the Ukrainians ought to have worked on and mass produced over the last seven years they are cheaper and more effective. not electronic radars that can easily be jammed by the Russians.

(1) (Reply)

Famine Coming To Europe, Expert Warns European Sanctions Hurt Europe Itself / Putin, Raisi, Erdogan To Meet In Iran Next Week ( Pics, Video) / When It Comes To Conducting A War, The Kremlin Has Proven Its Incompetence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.