Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,144 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

UKRAINE President Blast Biden Over Offer To Be Evacuated - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / UKRAINE President Blast Biden Over Offer To Be Evacuated (514 Views)

Ukraine's President Zelensky's Face Before And During War / Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate / Putin, Iran & Kim set to Exploit ‘weak’ Biden Over Afghan Chaos(Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UKRAINE President Blast Biden Over Offer To Be Evacuated by SarkinYarki: 11:16am On Feb 26, 2022
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky told President Joe Biden 'I need ammunition, not a ride,' when offered the chance of a US-backed evacuation.

Zelensky said in response to the offer of refuge: 'The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride,' according to a senior American intelligence official with direct knowledge of the conversation, who described Zelensky as upbeat.

He spoke as Biden authorized the release of $350million of military assistance to Ukraine after taking his latest weekend break to Delaware as Russian troops began to invade Kyiv.

Invading Russian forces closed in on Ukraine´s capital on Saturday, in an apparent encircling movement after a barrage of airstrikes on cities and military bases around the country.

A second Russian Ilyushin Il-76 military transport plane was shot down near Bila Tserkva, 50 miles south of Kyiv, according to two American officials with direct knowledge of conditions on the ground in Ukraine. Each of the two planes can carry up to 200 troops, although a death toll has not been shared.

Earlier, Zelensky said in a televised speech: 'This night they will launch an assault. The enemy will use all of their power on all fronts to break our defense. This night we have to stand ground. The fate of Ukraine is being decided now.'

This came after a video showed him in his military tent drinking coffee with his men, he personally coordinated the defense of Kyiv.

He spoke Saturday morning in Kyiv, having survived the night, and said: 'There's a lot of fake news online that I called on our army to lay down arms, & that there's evacuation. I'm here. We will defend our state.'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10550561/Live-updates-Ukrainian-military-battles-Russian-forces.html
Source :

Re: UKRAINE President Blast Biden Over Offer To Be Evacuated by FERNANDEZISBACK: 11:17am On Feb 26, 2022
This man is really tough tho..he is ready to fight to death..
Putin will never achieve it's evil motive against Ukraine and the world..

He's just being a bully..a bully who is only after his selfish benefit..

4 Likes

Re: UKRAINE President Blast Biden Over Offer To Be Evacuated by chatinent: 11:17am On Feb 26, 2022
Russia will humble you.

Maybe you don't know but the US isn't gonna interfere full frontal. Russia is like a thug in market square.

6 Likes

Re: UKRAINE President Blast Biden Over Offer To Be Evacuated by SarkinYarki: 11:18am On Feb 26, 2022
Joe Biden has deceived this man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UKRAINE President Blast Biden Over Offer To Be Evacuated by FERNANDEZISBACK: 11:19am On Feb 26, 2022
SarkinYarki:
Joe Biden has deceived this man
He has minds of steel.. cheesy
He is not a weakling like Putin.. wink
Re: UKRAINE President Blast Biden Over Offer To Be Evacuated by SarkinYarki: 11:20am On Feb 26, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

He is a mumu

4 Likes

Re: UKRAINE President Blast Biden Over Offer To Be Evacuated by decub: 11:21am On Feb 26, 2022
SarkinYarki:
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky told President Joe Biden 'I need ammunition, not a ride,' when offered the chance of a US-backed evacuation.

Zelensky said in response to the offer of refuge: 'The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride,' according to a senior American intelligence official with direct knowledge of the conversation, who described Zelensky as upbeat.

He spoke as Biden authorized the release of $350million of military assistance to Ukraine after taking his latest weekend break to Delaware as Russian troops began to invade Kyiv.

Invading Russian forces closed in on Ukraine´s capital on Saturday, in an apparent encircling movement after a barrage of airstrikes on cities and military bases around the country.

A second Russian Ilyushin Il-76 military transport plane was shot down near Bila Tserkva, 50 miles south of Kyiv, according to two American officials with direct knowledge of conditions on the ground in Ukraine. Each of the two planes can carry up to 200 troops, although a death toll has not been shared.

Earlier, Zelensky said in a televised speech: 'This night they will launch an assault. The enemy will use all of their power on all fronts to break our defense. This night we have to stand ground. The fate of Ukraine is being decided now.'

This came after a video showed him in his military tent drinking coffee with his men, he personally coordinated the defense of Kyiv.

He spoke Saturday morning in Kyiv, having survived the night, and said: 'There's a lot of fake news online that I called on our army to lay down arms, & that there's evacuation. I'm here. We will defend our state.'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10550561/Live-updates-Ukrainian-military-battles-Russian-forces.html
Source :

This man is brave and he would be loved the more if he survives this, which is likely.
Re: UKRAINE President Blast Biden Over Offer To Be Evacuated by Karemarealty288(m): 11:21am On Feb 26, 2022
We die here....

Re: UKRAINE President Blast Biden Over Offer To Be Evacuated by SarkinYarki: 11:24am On Feb 26, 2022
decub:

This man is brave and he would be loved the more if he survives this, which is likely.

Survive what...you people like fantasy too much ..Na exile get am

4 Likes

Re: UKRAINE President Blast Biden Over Offer To Be Evacuated by AOB1: 11:25am On Feb 26, 2022
To all those idiots supporting Putin don't worry just wait till bandit or any form of terrorist invade your village then you will know that war is not good, to all those guys supporting Putin because you hate USA and the west I pray you and all your family witness what is called war and I pray you never survive it because poor children and defenseless old ones are dying right now cry. Please don't cry foul when Nigeria Army or Police invade your home and kill your love ones just like what Putin is doing to the Ukrainians right now. I can't understand why you will decided to kill innocent children and old ones just because you hate their president and your selfish interest even if it's Boko Haram little children I can't even dare to hurt them because they were innocent but Putin thinking is different his soul and his supporters belongs to the devil.
Re: UKRAINE President Blast Biden Over Offer To Be Evacuated by FERNANDEZISBACK: 11:25am On Feb 26, 2022
SarkinYarki:

He is a mumu
Ooh cos he refused to give in to Putin.. undecided
Ok enjoy..
Re: UKRAINE President Blast Biden Over Offer To Be Evacuated by Pathokpo: 11:49am On Feb 26, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

If na the president of one west African country he for dey onboard the nearest flight to London (his second home) to chill even before the actual war started using medical leave as an excuse
Re: UKRAINE President Blast Biden Over Offer To Be Evacuated by FERNANDEZISBACK: 12:23pm On Feb 26, 2022
Pathokpo:

If na the president of one west African country he for dey onboard the nearest flight to London (his second home) to chill even before the actual war started using medical leave as an excuse
grin
Re: UKRAINE President Blast Biden Over Offer To Be Evacuated by Mossadd: 12:29pm On Feb 26, 2022
I can't take this clown seriously untill I see him and his families holding guns at war front abi them no be Ukraine civilians?wherey dey use his citizens as shied he wan come they form James bound if them born you well no accept Biden offer na leg you go take reach Poland
Re: UKRAINE President Blast Biden Over Offer To Be Evacuated by jaytee01(m): 12:55pm On Feb 26, 2022
AOB1:
To all those idiots supporting Putin don't worry just wait till bandit or any form of terrorist invade your village then you will know that war is not good, to all those guys supporting Putin because you hate USA and the west I pray you and all your family witness what is called war and I pray you never survive it because poor children and defenseless old ones are dying right now cry. Please don't cry foul when Nigeria Army or Police invade your home and kill your love ones just like what Putin is doing to the Ukrainians right now. I can't understand why you will decided to kill innocent children and old ones just because you hate their president and your selfish interest even if it's Boko Haram little children I can't even dare to hurt them because they were innocent but Putin thinking is different his soul and his supporters belongs to the devil.
Sharrap dere..... have you ever condemned US and their allies' military incursions in other countries?

3 Likes

Re: UKRAINE President Blast Biden Over Offer To Be Evacuated by AOB1: 1:02pm On Feb 26, 2022
jaytee01:
Sharrap dere..... have you ever condemned US and their allies' military incursions in other countries?
see this terrorist
Re: UKRAINE President Blast Biden Over Offer To Be Evacuated by cocolacec(m): 1:31pm On Feb 26, 2022
decub:

If he tries to flee his military men will kill him.It is better to fight to death as a honorable man.
How can he lead his country to war and later flee?Biden is a slowpoke.
Re: UKRAINE President Blast Biden Over Offer To Be Evacuated by cocolacec(m): 1:32pm On Feb 26, 2022
Mossadd:
I can't take this clown seriously untill I see him and his families holding guns at war front abi them no be Ukraine civilians?wherey dey use his citizens as shied he wan come they form James bound if them born you well no accept Biden offer na leg you go take reach Poland
He will be killed by chenchen forces like Ghadaffi and Saleh.
Re: UKRAINE President Blast Biden Over Offer To Be Evacuated by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 26, 2022
We will not take it...
Re: UKRAINE President Blast Biden Over Offer To Be Evacuated by jaytee01(m): 3:12pm On Feb 26, 2022
AOB1:
see this terrorist
U no well.... brainwashed scum
Re: UKRAINE President Blast Biden Over Offer To Be Evacuated by decub: 8:06pm On Feb 26, 2022
SarkinYarki:

Survive what...you people like fantasy too much ..Na exile get am
It will likely end in negotiations.

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich’s daughter Sofia posts anti-Putin meme / Ukrainian Commander In Kharkiv Says Dozens Of Russians Surrendered / Bucha Killings: ‘the World Cannot Be Tricked Anymore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.