Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

3,000 Arrested In Russia As Anti-War In Ukraine Protests Turn Violent - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 3,000 Arrested In Russia As Anti-War In Ukraine Protests Turn Violent (23375 Views)

Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them / Russia Sends Troops Into Kazakhstan As Protests Turn Violent / Anti-War Protesters Gathered Outside The White House (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

3,000 Arrested In Russia As Anti-War In Ukraine Protests Turn Violent by tommykiwi(m): 9:22pm On Feb 26, 2022
More than 3,000 people protesting the war in Ukraine have been arrested in Russia, as the demonstrations in Moscow and St Petersburg grew violent again on Saturday evening.

The number of people detained, reported by AFP, is as of Thursday, the second day of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

Protests against the Russian invasion of Ukraine continued into Saturday evening for the third straight day, despite many arrests. Images emerged of police officers detaining protesters in St Petersburg, both men and women.

Police in St Petersburg took away a young woman carrying a black bag with the words, ‘No war’, according to the news site SotaVision.

A group of anonymous St Petersburg protesters wore skull masks and hoodies at a cemetery, raising placards with the messages, ‘Don’t they have enough bodies’, and ‘There are no patriots among the dead’, news site Vot Tak reported.

In Moscow, artist Anzhela Aganina wore a traditional Ukrainian shirt and lay severed blonde braids and flowers at her feet, according to SotaVision.

In Yekaterinburg, hundreds of Russians marched and chanted ‘No to war!’ the Telegram channel Avtozak Live reported.

Saturday’s figure grew from Friday, when the Associated Press reported that about 1,745 people were detained across 54 cities in Russia, with at least 957 in Moscow.

On Saturday alone, more than 325 protesters were detained across 30 Russian cities and towns, with nearly half of them in Moscow, according to OVD-Info, an independent Russian human rights group tracking arrests in opposition rallies.

Russia has made spontaneous mass demonstrations illegal.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/02/26/3000-arrested-in-russia-as-anti-war-in-ukraine-protests-turn-violent-16181592/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3,000 Arrested In Russia As Anti-War In Ukraine Protests Turn Violent by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:23pm On Feb 26, 2022
Putin's plan for his nairaland puppet if he's in USA's position..
Can you relate or not?

41 Likes

Re: 3,000 Arrested In Russia As Anti-War In Ukraine Protests Turn Violent by LeoDeKing: 9:24pm On Feb 26, 2022
And I thought is only in Nigeria protesters are arrested. angry

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3,000 Arrested In Russia As Anti-War In Ukraine Protests Turn Violent by Nobody: 9:31pm On Feb 26, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Putin's plan for his nairaland puppet if he's in USA's position..
Can you relate or not?

Same way they'll treat them is how China is treating the Uyghur Moslems, Russia is treating Ukraine and Russians who are agains putain Putin's move.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3,000 Arrested In Russia As Anti-War In Ukraine Protests Turn Violent by Blackbelly(m): 9:32pm On Feb 26, 2022
Ruling people with fear alone is a precursor to revolution. There's only so much the citizens can bear. If Putin continues to lord it over the Russians, it's just a matter of time before the Arab spring will be replayed in Russia

87 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 3,000 Arrested In Russia As Anti-War In Ukraine Protests Turn Violent by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:33pm On Feb 26, 2022
Hanks0000:

Same way they'll treat them is how China is treating the Uyghur Moslems, Russia is treating Ukraine and Russians who are agains putain Putin's move.
They know nothing..why ain't they trooping to Russia and China or NK since they so much love them..
At least they should leave the west they claim to hate and start going to mother Russia.. cheesy

75 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 3,000 Arrested In Russia As Anti-War In Ukraine Protests Turn Violent by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 26, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

They know nothing..why ain't they trooping to Russia and China or NK since they so much love them..
At least they should leave the west they claim to hate and start going to mother Russia.. cheesy

Yeah, They talk I'll of the west yet they will always choose the west over any of these eastern countries.
Mother Russia is so big, China too, yeah north Korea needs more people at his concentration camps.

54 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 3,000 Arrested In Russia As Anti-War In Ukraine Protests Turn Violent by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:38pm On Feb 26, 2022
Hanks0000:

Yeah, They talk I'll of the west yet they will always choose the west over any of these eastern countries.
Mother Russia is so big, China too, yeah north Korea needs more people at his concentration camps.
Haha... cheesy
Concentration camp?most Nigerians love and fancy easy life without working for it..
I hope to see them troop into Russia from now on.. ;

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3,000 Arrested In Russia As Anti-War In Ukraine Protests Turn Violent by Nobody: 9:41pm On Feb 26, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Haha... cheesy
Concentration camp?most Nigerians love and fancy easy life without working for it..
I hope to see them troop into Russia from now on.. ;

Me too...
Wanna see what awaits them so dang bad.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3,000 Arrested In Russia As Anti-War In Ukraine Protests Turn Violent by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:42pm On Feb 26, 2022
Hanks0000:

Me too...
Wanna see what awaits them so dang bad.
cheesy kiss wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3,000 Arrested In Russia As Anti-War In Ukraine Protests Turn Violent by DropsMic(m): 3:13am On Feb 27, 2022
3000 arrested... Western media y'all ride on

Grabs popcorn

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3,000 Arrested In Russia As Anti-War In Ukraine Protests Turn Violent by jayworld15(m): 3:15am On Feb 27, 2022
Russia will definitely lose this war. Latest action against her is on SWIFT where they'd cut off Russians from financial trading. They'd lose billions of dollars. I do think the Russians need to let their government know that this war is a lost cause as it can lead to total worldwide isolation of the Russians, and perhaps, WW3.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 3,000 Arrested In Russia As Anti-War In Ukraine Protests Turn Violent by joyandfaith: 3:16am On Feb 27, 2022
DropsMic:

Grabs popcorn

What is exact number? 2,987?

10 Likes

Re: 3,000 Arrested In Russia As Anti-War In Ukraine Protests Turn Violent by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 3:17am On Feb 27, 2022
Ok
Re: 3,000 Arrested In Russia As Anti-War In Ukraine Protests Turn Violent by Xavie(m): 3:17am On Feb 27, 2022
Shame... Blacks you can never be one of them, know this and know peace

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3,000 Arrested In Russia As Anti-War In Ukraine Protests Turn Violent by IPIGSRHYPO: 3:18am On Feb 27, 2022
LeoDeKing:
And I thought is only in Nigeria protesters are arrested. angry

Seriously?
This must be a joke abi?
Protesters are arrested in the US, Canada and all the other western countries. Canada just clamped down and arrest many protesters and even frozen their ban accounts but they will be telling Nigeria to leave protesters blocking the road alone.
I wonder why DJ Witch hasn't said anything about the way Canada treated their protesters. - HYPOCRITES

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3,000 Arrested In Russia As Anti-War In Ukraine Protests Turn Violent by Dreamhighnow(m): 3:18am On Feb 27, 2022
They curse Western countries and yet troops into it

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3,000 Arrested In Russia As Anti-War In Ukraine Protests Turn Violent by Xavie(m): 3:18am On Feb 27, 2022
N
Re: 3,000 Arrested In Russia As Anti-War In Ukraine Protests Turn Violent by shigoslim(m): 3:19am On Feb 27, 2022
I have been reading numerous comments on this forum in respect to Ukraine-russia war. I stop respecting Russian the day I found out Russia is not as sound as many passive . Russia still living in the past glory.
Let me clarify this, Russia is very poor in terms of logistics, education, technical know how, technology backwards in this 21st century, poor innovation and many more.

Don't be surprised that Russia is finding its difficult or find it tough with Ukraine Army. Yes hear me clearly , imagine common GPS they could not navigate , Infact they are completely lost.

Very poor in land battle only rely on fighters jet , yet most of her fighters jet were brought down by ill-equipped Ukrainian soldiers. Imagine a country that to challenge western allies talkless usa .

I can bet Nigeria army can take on Russia . I'm very happy that the world is seeing her weakness in the battle field. Her soldiers not highly trained with this modern age. Russia is exhibiting poor skill. In fact her soldiers not trained on their own weapons and this is the nation that want to challenge USA.

35 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 3,000 Arrested In Russia As Anti-War In Ukraine Protests Turn Violent by Chikarata2020(m): 3:19am On Feb 27, 2022
The soldiers should turn there guns against the bloody detector. By the time the they finish him country with sanctions, if him see war him go run

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3,000 Arrested In Russia As Anti-War In Ukraine Protests Turn Violent by CryptoTeacher(m): 3:20am On Feb 27, 2022
This madness will reach everyone

1 Like

Re: 3,000 Arrested In Russia As Anti-War In Ukraine Protests Turn Violent by crackhouse(m): 3:30am On Feb 27, 2022
IPIGSRHYPO:

Seriously?
This must be a joke abi?
Protesters are arrested in the US, Canada and all the other western countries. Canada just clamped down and arrest many protesters and even frozen their ban accounts but they will be telling Nigeria to leave protesters blocking the road alone.
I wonder why DJ Witch hasn't said anything about the way Canada treated their protesters. - HYPOCRITES
have u been to Canada before? Or any of these countries u mentioned?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3,000 Arrested In Russia As Anti-War In Ukraine Protests Turn Violent by goldtube(m): 3:30am On Feb 27, 2022
Re: 3,000 Arrested In Russia As Anti-War In Ukraine Protests Turn Violent by IPIGSRHYPO: 3:38am On Feb 27, 2022
crackhouse:
have u been to Canada before? Or any of these countries u mentioned?

No, I have never left my village but I read the news a lot...any problem?

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 3,000 Arrested In Russia As Anti-War In Ukraine Protests Turn Violent by Comedian2019: 3:51am On Feb 27, 2022
jayworld15:
Russia will definitely lose this war. Latest action against her is on SWIFT where they'd cut off Russians from financial trading. They'd lose billions of dollars. I do think the Russians need to let their government know that this war is a lost cause as it can lead to total worldwide isolation of the Russians, and perhaps, WW3.
Putin will definitely lose it. Most Russians are not with him.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3,000 Arrested In Russia As Anti-War In Ukraine Protests Turn Violent by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:53am On Feb 27, 2022
DropsMic:

Grabs popcorn

SotoVision and other sources listed in the story are providing information straight out of Russia but you are parroting foolishness about Western Media. Did the Western Media hijack Russian CCTV and stage these pictures because they came from SotoVision cameras in Russia.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3,000 Arrested In Russia As Anti-War In Ukraine Protests Turn Violent by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:58am On Feb 27, 2022
joyandfaith:

What is exact number? 2,987?

That idiot is crying fake news from Western media but 3,000 is the number provided by Russian media. Some Nigerians repeat things they hear without reading or thinking

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 3,000 Arrested In Russia As Anti-War In Ukraine Protests Turn Violent by CheapWebsite1: 3:59am On Feb 27, 2022
Peace b Still

1 Like

Re: 3,000 Arrested In Russia As Anti-War In Ukraine Protests Turn Violent by 1stGenAmerican(f): 4:08am On Feb 27, 2022
shigoslim:
I have been reading numerous comments on this forum in respect to Ukraine-russia war. I stop respecting Russian the day I found out Russia is not as sound as many passive . Russia still living in the past glory.
Let me clarify this, Russia is very poor in terms of logistics, education, technical know how, technology backwards in this 21st century, poor innovation and many more.

Don't be surprised that Russia is finding its difficult or find it tough with Ukraine Army. Yes hear me clearly , imagine common GPS they could not navigate , Infact they are completely lost.

Very poor in land battle only rely on fighters jet , yet most of her fighters jet were brought down by ill-equipped Ukrainian soldiers. Imagine a country that to challenge western allies talkless usa .

I can bet Nigeria army can take on Russia . I'm very happy that the world is seeing her weakness in the battle field. Her soldiers not highly trained with this modern age. Russia is exhibiting poor skill. In fact her soldiers not trained on their own weapons and this is the nation that want to challenge USA.

This it true and because the Russian army has no reliable means of gps, Russian soldiers are relying on GPS on the personal phones, too dumb to know that Ukrainian forces are using that to track them. And this is the same Russia that so many Nigerians respect.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3,000 Arrested In Russia As Anti-War In Ukraine Protests Turn Violent by cosmatika(m): 4:09am On Feb 27, 2022
This war will lead to the fall of Putin.
He's a tyrant

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Russia Arrests, Dismantles Revil Hacking Group At US Request / 'We Are Living In Fear' -Nigerians In South Africa Cry Out / Trump's Twitter Ban: We Showed "Failure" To Police Global Public Discourse -Jack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.