Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,470 members, 7,812,442 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

Advice Please: Nigerian Fleeing From Ukraine - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advice Please: Nigerian Fleeing From Ukraine (979 Views)

Driver Fleeing From Attack On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Rams Into Truck, Dies / What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? / Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Please: Nigerian Fleeing From Ukraine by Chuukwudi(m): 5:46pm On Feb 28, 2022
Hi Nairalanders,

My friend, a student in Ukraine alongside others fleeing managed to cross the Ukrainian borders into Hungary for safety.

He thinks it would have been better for him if he had ran into Italy since many of these countries are in sympathy and are willing to accept them, it would have been a nice opportunity. But the problem is that his passport now has the Hungarian stamp from the border.

My question is: Since Hungary and Italy are both Schengen countries, can he still get into Italy now for refuge?

Thank you very much.
I'd appreciate it if this gets to the front page.

1 Like

Re: Advice Please: Nigerian Fleeing From Ukraine by justwise(m): 5:50pm On Feb 28, 2022
Chuukwudi:
Hi Nairalanders,

My friend, a student in Ukraine alongside others fleeing managed to cross the Ukrainian borders into Hungary for safety.

He thinks it would have been better for him if he had ran into Italy since many of these countries are in sympathy are willing to accept them, it would have been a nice opportunity. But the problem is that his passport now has the Hungarian stamp from the border.

My question is: Since Hungary and Italy are both Schengen countries, can he still get into Italy now for refuge?

Thank you very much.

Claim refuge because there is war in Nigeria ? Is he a Ukrainian ?

5 Likes

Re: Advice Please: Nigerian Fleeing From Ukraine by yinkeys(m): 6:38pm On Feb 28, 2022
This is why they usually refuse to give Africans visa or sometimes become racist.
If he’s caught by immigration patrol or police what sort of legal answers will be adequate.

Luckily for him he was granted pass now he’s chosen to misuse it.

This is how deception starts in terms of immigration.
If they forced them to stay in Ukraine now people will be crying.
I’m sure that’s why it’s difficult for them to usually accept Africans.
He is not Ukrainian
Only Ukrainians are free to move, except he got the Schengen visa from Nigeria.
Abide by rules and regulations in order to avoid embarrassment and racism
Not smart to put yourself and country in shame.

My opinion.

7 Likes

Re: Advice Please: Nigerian Fleeing From Ukraine by Kenn55: 7:34pm On Feb 28, 2022
Lol. grin grin

Nigerians no dey disappoint. Always looking for an opportunity to game the system. They should not spoil things for other Nigerians. Later they will start shouting racism

2 Likes

Re: Advice Please: Nigerian Fleeing From Ukraine by 2braithe: 11:24pm On Feb 28, 2022
justwise:

Claim refuge because there is war in Nigeria ? Is he a Ukrainian ?

There is no war in Nigeria?Even if you're abroad, you don't read news?

No where is safe here.About 2 days ago,I still heard sporadic gunshots around my area(south west).
Re: Advice Please: Nigerian Fleeing From Ukraine by Cousin9999: 11:42pm On Feb 28, 2022
Italy is a cesspool. Try Germany via Austria instead. But do so legally.

1 Like

Re: Advice Please: Nigerian Fleeing From Ukraine by Guontey(m): 1:18am On Mar 01, 2022
Chuukwudi:
Hi Nairalanders,

He thinks it would have been better for him if he had ran into Italy since many of these countries are in sympathy and are willing to accept them, it would have been a nice opportunity. But the problem is that his passport now has the Hungarian stamp from the border.

Thank you very much.
This and many more is why you guys create difficulty for other African students, exploiting dire situations like this to advance your shady immigration moves. When we see the Polish border guards restricting access to Nigerians and to African students, we scream racism. Yet, people like your friend with this bad intention are the ones encouraging the kind of behaviour we see from the border guards. I hope your friend realizes this is wrong and try to do what is right.

1 Like

Re: Advice Please: Nigerian Fleeing From Ukraine by hammed71(m): 3:53am On Mar 01, 2022
He should better remain in Hungary, because if they catch him on his way to italy, Na muritala airport straight
Re: Advice Please: Nigerian Fleeing From Ukraine by Allegory(f): 6:20am On Mar 01, 2022
2braithe:

No where is safe here.About 2 days ago,I still heard sporadic gunshots around my area(south west).
You people have no issues dragging your passport in the mud then blaming the government for everything.

THERE IS NO WAR IN NIGERIA. If you’re hearing sporadic gunshots in your neighborhood maybe it’s time to move to another area. Even people living in the US hear sporadic gunshots, doesn’t make them war victims and refugees.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice Please: Nigerian Fleeing From Ukraine by justwise(m): 6:55am On Mar 01, 2022
2braithe:

You need to stop embarrassing yourself, gunshots you heard in your area is now regarded as war? Good enough to use for asylum ? SMH

1 Like

Re: Advice Please: Nigerian Fleeing From Ukraine by 2braithe: 9:49am On Mar 01, 2022
justwise:

You need to stop embarrassing yourself, gunshots you heard in your area is now regarded as war? Good enough to use for asylum ? SMH

It's not war but still it's not safe.
Asylum?I don't know.
Re: Advice Please: Nigerian Fleeing From Ukraine by 2braithe: 9:53am On Mar 01, 2022
Allegory:

You people have no issues dragging your passport in the mud then blaming the government for everything.

THERE IS NO WAR IN NIGERIA. If you’re hearing sporadic gunshots in your neighborhood maybe it’s time to move to another area. Even people living in the US hear sporadic gunshots, doesn’t make them war victims and refugees.

There is currently no war in Nigeria but I'm talking about safety.The US you mentioned is way safer than Nigeria.

Now moving to another Neighborhood (in Nigeria),does that still make me safe? You people don't know the situation in this place.
Re: Advice Please: Nigerian Fleeing From Ukraine by 1stGenAmerican(f): 10:09am On Mar 01, 2022
Chuukwudi:
Hi Nairalanders,

Thank you very much.

A nice opportunity? I knew this would begin happening and said so in a topic days ago. With asylum you go to the nearest safe country not pick and choose as to benefit from. Italy will turn him away at the border.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Please: Nigerian Fleeing From Ukraine by Nobody: 1:54pm On Mar 01, 2022
Nigerians are just useless.
See what this stupid animal wants to do.
The fool probably didn't have legal papers in Ukraine to begin with.

1 Like

Re: Advice Please: Nigerian Fleeing From Ukraine by Chuukwudi(m): 4:06pm On Mar 01, 2022
Guontey:

This and many more is why you guys create difficulty for other African students, exploiting dire situations like this to advance your shady immigration moves. When we see the Polish border guards restricting access to Nigerians and to African students, we scream racism. Yet, people like your friend with this bad intention are the ones encouraging the kind of behaviour we see from the border guards. I hope your friend realizes this is wrong and try to do what is right.

What's shady about going to Italy instead of staying in Hungary?

What nonsense are you saying? My friend has already got someone in Italy who has already paid for his travel costs and want him to meet him. What bad intention? What dire situation is he exploiting? What shady immigration moves?

He's a legit immigrant, an international student. So he should rather remain in Ukraine or go back to Nigeria or what?

If you don't have something sensible to say, please just read and pass.
Re: Advice Please: Nigerian Fleeing From Ukraine by Chuukwudi(m): 4:08pm On Mar 01, 2022
Kellzzyy:
Nigerians are just useless.
See what this stupid animal wants to do.
The fool probably didn't have legal papers in Ukraine to begin with.

Daft cunt, If you knew how to read properly, you'd have seen where I pointed out that he is a legit international student in Ukraine.
Re: Advice Please: Nigerian Fleeing From Ukraine by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 01, 2022
Chuukwudi:

Daft cunt, If you knew how to read properly, you'd have seen where I pointed out that he is a legit international student in Ukraine.
Your papa nyash there. Bastard.
I'm not sure of this and even he's legally resident there, he has shown his criminal attitude and you are complicit in his stupidity.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Please: Nigerian Fleeing From Ukraine by Chuukwudi(m): 8:10pm On Mar 01, 2022
I thought I would get some good advice here. Sadly, none.

I encouraged my friend to go to Italy regardless. He has successfully crossed the border and is in Italy chilling as I type this.
Re: Advice Please: Nigerian Fleeing From Ukraine by hammed71(m): 7:44am On Mar 02, 2022
Chuukwudi:
I thought I would get some good advice here. Sadly, none.

I encouraged my friend to go to Italy regardless. He has successfully crossed the border and is in Italy chilling as I type this.

OK so what if they don't grant him asylum in Italy?
Re: Advice Please: Nigerian Fleeing From Ukraine by Chuukwudi(m): 8:30am On Mar 02, 2022
hammed71:
OK so what if they don't grant him asylum in Italy?

He is not seeking for asylum. At least not yet. It is not also thinking of doing so since it's not Nigeria at war.

(1) (Reply)

How Is Life In Germany / What Will Be Your Decision? / China Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.