Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,951 members, 7,810,632 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? (52695 Views)

BLACKLIVESMATTER: Is This What Awaits African-americans Fleeing To South Africa? / Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by Cashsteady(m): 12:04pm On Dec 29, 2022
UK is currently facing serious economic crisis and some other few crises too but why do Nigerians keep flocking UK .. There are other by far better countries in Europe that offers everything way better than UK..

You will be surprised to see the population of Nigerians in London..you will think you are in Lagos ..Nigerians just scatter for London..

Try Germany, Netherlands. Denmark, Norway Even France ..this countries ain’t bad either

209 Likes 24 Shares

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by ednut1(m): 12:12pm On Dec 29, 2022
Ease of getting the student visa is why many japa there. To get dates or visa approval for many of these European countries no easy. Uk has also take thousands of Nigerian nurses, doctors, IT guys and auditors more than all the countries you mentioned combined. Plus no language barrier

699 Likes 46 Shares

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by fullnetwork: 12:15pm On Dec 29, 2022
I'm sure it's either you've never been to 9ja or you can't tell good from bad.

111 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by Pierocash(m): 12:20pm On Dec 29, 2022
Those countries you mentioned have language barriers ,that is why they move to UK.

It is easier to settle faster in UK than Germany and Netherlands due to language issue

422 Likes 17 Shares

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by pansophist(m): 1:13pm On Dec 29, 2022
Pierocash:
Those countries you mentioned have language barriers ,that is why they move to UK.

It is easier to settle faster in UK than Germany and Netherlands due to language issue

If they could spend just one year in a language school, they'll learn German or Dutch.

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by Elvictor: 1:20pm On Dec 29, 2022
A slave will always work hard to worship his or her slave masters grin grin

72 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by fullnetwork: 1:59pm On Dec 29, 2022
Elvictor:
A slave will always work hard to worship his or her slave masters grin grin
You that can't even cough in the face of impunity, stealing, government brutality the Nigerian politicians serve you everyday is calling people who have all the good things of life slave.
My God forgive you.

428 Likes 25 Shares

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by Elvictor: 2:55pm On Dec 29, 2022
fullnetwork:

You that can't even cough in the face of impunity, stealing, government brutality the Nigerian politicians serve you everyday is calling people who have all the good things of life slave.
My God forgive you.

Are you one of them? grin grin

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by bdon123(m): 3:30pm On Dec 29, 2022
Cashsteady:
Uk is currently facing serious economic crisis and some other few crises too but why do Nigerians keep flocking uk .. There are other by far better countries in Europe that offers everything way better than uk..

You will be surprised to see the population of Nigerians in London..you will think you are in Lagos ..Nigerians just scatter for London..

Try Germany,Netherlands.Denmark,Norway Even France ..this countries ain’t bad either
There is no better in europe

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by bdon123(m): 3:32pm On Dec 29, 2022
pansophist:

If they could spend just one year in a language school, they'll learn German or Dutch.
Guy most of us no get time to learn language.i no even sabi my mother tongue yet n u xpect me to learn german

267 Likes 17 Shares

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by pansophist(m): 3:45pm On Dec 29, 2022
bdon123:

Guy most of us no get time to learn language.i no even sabi my mother tongue yet n u xpect me to learn german

This is why lots of Nigerian immigrants go through hell to be in over-saturated places like the UK and the US. The world is huge, you cant limit yourself to anglophone countries because you don't want to learn a new language.

And if you actually want to live a rich life, learning a new language is one of them. Language is the vehicle in which cultures relate to the outside world, you miss out big time if you speak just one, or even a few.

192 Likes 23 Shares

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by Idaytesj29(m): 4:01pm On Dec 29, 2022
ednut1:
Ease of getting the student visa is why many japa there. To get dates or visa approval for many of these European countries no easy. Uk has also take thousands of Nigerian nurses, doctors, IT guys and auditors more than all the countries you mentioned combined. Plus no language barrier

Teachers sef go follow suit now

33 Likes

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by yellowgarri2(m): 4:26pm On Dec 29, 2022
Cashsteady:
Uk is currently facing serious economic crisis and some other few crises too but why do Nigerians keep flocking uk .. There are other by far better countries in Europe that offers everything way better than uk..

Try Germany,Netherlands.Denmark,Norway Even France ..this countries ain’t bad either

10 Likes

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by bdon123(m): 4:39pm On Dec 29, 2022
pansophist:

This is why lots of Nigerian immigrants go through hell to be in over-saturated places like the UK and the US. The world is huge, you cant limit yourself to anglophone countries because you don't want to learn a new language.

And if you actually want to live a rich life, learning a new language is one of them. Language is the vehicle in which cultures relate to the outside world, you miss out big time if you speak just one, or even a few.
I agree wit,bt honestly speaking i will rather go to an english speaking country....xcept no english speaking exist before i go agree go anywhere to learn language.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 29, 2022
Cashsteady:

Na hu no like pound sterling!, Abi you think say na only you like am?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by Raalsalghul: 5:13pm On Dec 29, 2022
Cashsteady:

UK is not the final destination of some folks fleeing there, it's just a transit point to their final destination.

And some of these options that you've mentioned, do you know how difficult it is to get a date for Visa appointment especially Germany and Poland but if they apply from the U.K their applications will be processed faster After all, how many people are moving from U.K to these countries.

Think of it this way, it's way easier to move from U.K to other European countries than moving from Nigerian.

And finally, you people should quit with the U.K threads, not everyone going there are fools. Or maybe, you're just another paid government agent.

235 Likes 18 Shares

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by Regex: 5:33pm On Dec 29, 2022
Raalsalghul:

UK is not the final destination of some folks fleeing there, it's just a transit point to their final destination.

And some of these options that you've mentioned, do you know how difficult it is to get a date for Visa appointment especially Germany and Poland but if they apply from the U.K their applications will be processed faster After all, how many people are moving from U.K to these countries.

Think of it this way, it's way easier to move from U.K to other European countries than moving from Nigerian.

And finally, you people should quit with the U.K threads, not everyone going there are fools. Or maybe, you're just another paid government agent.

Omo I have tire for them and UK threads. UK this, UK that.

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by fullnetwork: 8:10pm On Dec 29, 2022
Elvictor:

Are you one of them? grin grin
That's not the point.
What has 9ja compared to those places?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by ModCaller: 8:51pm On Dec 29, 2022
Pounds. Electricity. Nightlife. British citizenship. Easy access to global opportunities.

Don't be unfortunate to ever look down on UK

136 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by Goodman247: 9:50pm On Dec 29, 2022
Uk this, UK that, another paid agent of darkness

47 Likes

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by Elvictor: 7:27am On Dec 30, 2022
fullnetwork:

That's not the point.
What has 9ja compared to those places?

Wait, are you a Nigeria?

If yes, do you think England was always like that?

Why can't you make your country better than England, huh?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by Gerrard59(m): 8:40am On Dec 30, 2022
pansophist:

Learning a new language is not easy for most people, especially Nigerians in their late-20s and early 30s who are desperate to flee the country. Also, consider married people or those with extended family responsibilities, loans to pay etc. Nonetheless, I agree with you that by focusing on only English-speaking countries, people have limited themselves to the US, Australia, UK, Canada and Ireland. So restrictive. Even Germany that was an easy pie before Covid don hard. Poland and Czech Republic dey do Nigerians yanga.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by fullnetwork: 3:48pm On Dec 30, 2022
Elvictor:

Wait, are you a Nigeria?
Your second question brings us back to the topic. The op seems to be blind or in self denial. If we acknowledge that we are on ground zero, our reasoning will begin to support progress.
Your third question. If "you" refers to me as an individual, then there is no need for further discussion. If it refers to us a "a people" I will be happy we exchange views on the way forward.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by samwash(m): 8:21pm On Dec 30, 2022
If you ask pple from Côte d'Ivoire, Benin,Chad,Gabon,Togo,Senegal,Mali or Niger which country they prefer to migrate to, you already kwn the answer.

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by fullnetwork: 9:22pm On Jan 06, 2023
Elvictor:

Wait, are you a Nigeria?
Because we have chosen to talk about things that have no bearing to our welfare. Name one LG in Nigeria where people meet to discuss their locality?
You think it's by being a superman? We must learn to be a collective unit first.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by Nobody: 11:29am On Jan 07, 2023
Pounds sterling

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by virginboy1(m): 11:29am On Jan 07, 2023
It's easy to adapt in UK as a Nigerian..than the. Others you mentioned.
undecided

Moreover If you survive Buhari regime, sad enter UK. You will adapt easily in UK.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by meobizy(f): 11:29am On Jan 07, 2023
This topic again? It’s not up to a month. Nairaland died since the 2014 hack. Nothing dey here since then.

19 Likes

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by onuman: 11:29am On Jan 07, 2023
1) Because the UK has English as main official language.
2) Because the UK colonised Nigeria, and to some high degree, still colonising Nigeria.
3) Because racial discrimination laws are mostly applied by the UK law enforcement agencies.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by Think9ja(m): 11:30am On Jan 07, 2023
kiss
Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by dplordx(m): 11:30am On Jan 07, 2023
I’ve been to France, loved Marseille and most of the people speak English, although not fluently.
Cool people and great food but too many Arabs. I’d rather live in France than UK. I regret not focusing on my French classes back then. i for get more options and could live in Switzerland, Belgium, Luxembourg and others.

32 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Train Derails In A Forest In Kwara, Passengers Stranded (Photos) / Revelations At The US Embassy In Lagos: An Experience Of A Lifetime!!! / Which Country Can One Relocate To With ₦3 Million?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.