Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,385 members, 7,853,707 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:09 PM

Why I Left My Job At Rolls Royce To Become Healthcare Recruiter - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why I Left My Job At Rolls Royce To Become Healthcare Recruiter (424 Views)

'I Left My Last Job Because My Boss Put His Hands On A Female Employee' - Man / Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today / "I Left My Money & Bag In A Taxi In Kano, The Muslim Driver Returned Them" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Left My Job At Rolls Royce To Become Healthcare Recruiter by NigeriaAbroad: 8:34am On Mar 01, 2022
Why I left my job at Rolls Royce to become healthcare recruiter – UK-based Nigerian.

Benjamin Kuti moved to the United Kingdom in 2008 to study Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering on the advice of his mother.

Mr Kuti is known as Oluomo ‘Blessed one’ of Derby on Twitter, where he enjoys a large following by Nigerians at home and abroad looking to work in the health sector.

According to him, the name Oluomo of Derby came from his aunt who was fascinated by the progress he had made living in Derby.

“She said to me; Benjamin, if you leave Derby, things might not go well with you.”

Mr Kuti studied at the University of Derby, England. After four years, he graduated and began work at Rolls Royce, Derby, as a computational engineer.

“I came to Derby to study and after studying, I decided to stay back. You know how life is; God just lifts you from one place to put you somewhere and everything has been as good as gold.”

At Rolls Royce, his earning was not enough to pay his bills and send money home to his family in Nigeria. Like Oliver Twist, he wanted more to meet his needs and those of his family. So in 2016, he took a part-time job as a cleaner for a care home to augment what he earned at his full time job.

Working as a cleaner is often regarded as a job for the uneducated, especially among the Nigerian elite.

At the care home he worked on weekends, little did he know it was going to be the start of something great.

Not long into his new cleaning job, Mr Kuti found himself recommending others for a similar job at the home he worked at.

“They were always recruiting people, always short of staff. I said to myself, ‘there are a lot of people willing to work in London.’”

He made a call to his friend about the opportunity and asked him to come down to Derby to take the job.

“I spoke to the management, I spoke to Sally, who said if I had people I should bring them down. She was going to train them and they needed people,” Mr Kuti said. “I brought folks down, the first week they employed one person. The guy was so good that Sally asked if she could get another person just like him. I recruited two more people for them,” he narrated.

Mr Kuti had an epiphany at this point. “I said to myself, hold on, I actually just gave three people to this home, why don’t I start doing this as a part-time job?”...

https://nigeriabroad.com/why-i-left-my-job-at-rolls-royce-to-become-healthcare-recruiter---uk-based-nigerian

Re: Why I Left My Job At Rolls Royce To Become Healthcare Recruiter by Nbotee(m): 8:37am On Mar 01, 2022
Oga U weren't staff at Rolls Royce jare, if U were u would earn enough to take care of ur bills and more. Na percentages U dey collect from bringing health practitioners down there becos of the rush and demand
Re: Why I Left My Job At Rolls Royce To Become Healthcare Recruiter by dawnomike(m): 8:53am On Mar 01, 2022
At Rolls Royce, his earning was not enough to pay his bills and send money home to his family in Nigeria. Like Oliver Twist, he wanted more to meet his needs and those of his family. So in 2016, he took a part-time job as a cleaner for a care home to augment what he earned at his full time job....

This one is Lianus Mba the brother of Lai Mohammed
Re: Why I Left My Job At Rolls Royce To Become Healthcare Recruiter by donbachi(m): 8:53am On Mar 01, 2022
He worked for a woman called Rose roys not Rolls royce.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

/ Amazon KDP Easy Guide For Smartphone And Earn About $200-$1000 Monthly. / [e!gist] Funnybros Biography: Date Of Birth, Age, State Of Origin, Career & Net

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.