Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,174 members, 7,852,994 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:43 AM

A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) (37030 Views)

Reconstruction Of Gate-oje-beere-oja To Oba-molete Under Bridge by GSM govt(pix) / A Visit To The Popular Sobi Hill In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) / Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Boogyman557: 1:12pm On Mar 10, 2022
Holly Gram cool AM BOOGYMAN or BABA YAGA and am INTO BLASTING people's left leg wit my old KALA..

WTF MAN!
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by kayuseful: 1:13pm On Mar 10, 2022
If only our markets can be as organized as this picture portrays
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Abal0nn: 1:13pm On Mar 10, 2022
How is this my business
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by aliyuthayo(m): 1:13pm On Mar 10, 2022
If you want to go to this market, pls tell a driver to drop you off and pick you up later. Parking Space is a problem.
kwaraconnect:

Source: https://kwaraconnect.com/oja-ipata-market-ilorin/
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Veinignition(m): 1:13pm On Mar 10, 2022
Looks like Ogbete market Enugwu
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Sleekfingers: 1:14pm On Mar 10, 2022
Wetin be this?
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Austema(m): 1:14pm On Mar 10, 2022
cruzydal:
all i see is pepper

Yorubas and pepper are 5&6

Lol
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by ma373733(m): 1:14pm On Mar 10, 2022
Is this a pepper market tongue
Asking for a friend

Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Odunharry(m): 1:15pm On Mar 10, 2022
FocusedDiva:
So true!
Yea and some of the markets are not the regular markets that are opened daily. Some I think every 5days or so
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by illicit(m): 1:17pm On Mar 10, 2022
Been there severally
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by seyz91(m): 1:18pm On Mar 10, 2022
cheesy
cruzydal:
all i see is pepper
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Eriokanmi: 1:20pm On Mar 10, 2022
Ilorin afonja, enudun juyo. Ilu ti won tin fi bęskę onigun męrin sebę grin

I really enjoyed my stay in Ilorin as a student. Their food was so cheap, especially the white beans sold at Ipata Market. I'd treck from Sabo Oke to ipata, pass the front of Ecwa Church to buy white beans. Good old days

2 Likes

Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 10, 2022
Originalsly:
Hmmm..... nice thread... good coverage... good insight ... clear pix . Looks very orderly for a market .... ehmmm..... civilized market women ... hassle free shopping.... I'll go sometime ... hopefully in this life time.... even if it's for just those family size plantains! Really this is the type of produce we should be using instead of the clones well packaged in the supermarkets.

Amen. grin

May God grant you your wish.

1 Like

Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by OBALOLA55(m): 1:23pm On Mar 10, 2022
FULANI ANCESTRAL LAND cool
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by OBALOLA55(m): 1:24pm On Mar 10, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Ilorin afonja, enudun juyo. Ilu ti won tin fi bęskę onigun męrin sebę grin

I really enjoyed my stay in Ilorin as a student. Their food was so cheap, especially the white beans sold at Ipata Market. I'd treck from Sabo Oke to ipata, pass the front of Ecwa Church to buy white beans. Good old days
FULANIS DEY GET CHEAP FOOD STUFF FOR THEIR STATE NA
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Kwara1stson: 1:25pm On Mar 10, 2022
kwaraconnect:
if you are a Kwaran,.. let's get to know you! your name, and what you are into ..
na we dey here, I'm a Pharmacist from oyun lg

1 Like

Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Titaniumental: 1:26pm On Mar 10, 2022
Odunharry:

Yea and some of the markets are not the regular markets that are opened daily. Some I think every 5days or so
Not in Ilorin......
Markets opens every single day

1 Like

Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 10, 2022
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Eriokanmi: 1:28pm On Mar 10, 2022
OBALOLA55:
FULANIS DEY GET CHEAP FOOD STUFF FOR THEIR STATE NA
If you talk fulani,.maybe some parts of ilorin. They're yorubas of fulani ancestry. That doesn't mean they do all those rubbish fulanis do in Nigeria today. You can tell from the way ilorin enjoys peace...it's one of the peaceful towns in Nigeria today, if not the most peaceful. Kwara state in general is a yoruba dominated state, forget their geographical affiliation

4 Likes

Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by xeju: 1:30pm On Mar 10, 2022
Mercychen:
Hm. What's popular about it?

It looks like Lagos of 1940s. So underdeveloped and ancient looking.

Badmouth nor dey pay o, na beatings you go just dey receive anyhow. But na 1930s market be this o.
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 10, 2022
xeju:

Badmouth nor dey pay o, na beatings you go just dey receive anyhow. But na 1930s market be this o.

Beat who? For stating my opinion?

Na wa o.
Holy ghost fire!
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by gentleguy1975: 1:37pm On Mar 10, 2022
Op,nice one, but oja oba too is also one of the most visited and probably older than those two you mentioned
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Pootle: 1:40pm On Mar 10, 2022
they have nice kuli kuli...that the only meaningful thing in the state.
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by OvaSabi1(f): 1:48pm On Mar 10, 2022
kwaraconnect:
if you are a Kwaran,.. let's get to know you! your name, and what you are into ..
I am half kwaran but based in Kogi. I want food stuff from the market and sent to Kogi. Things are expensive here.
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by richeeyo(m): 1:53pm On Mar 10, 2022
Nothing really changed though
My junior sister attended Tower Nursery and primary, at amilegbe
I attended Olumawu at GRA
Ilorin is a really lovely place to be
Just respect their religion
They don't care where you from
They would welcome you
Respectful and Abusive
Them fit Lalase you still ends in jokes
Mom served at C division Oja Oba with the Emire
Was fortunate to be sent to mecca despite been a Christian
You would fall in love with Islam if you grew up in that city.
Till date we invite Alfas to pray in our house

9 Likes

Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by gevans(m): 1:54pm On Mar 10, 2022
I served in Ilorin
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Odunharry(m): 1:55pm On Mar 10, 2022
Titaniumental:

Not in Ilorin......
Markets opens every single day
There are market in the outskirt like ganmo area and the likes that don't open everyday. Even some people in Ilorin come to the market too to get stuff.
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:58pm On Mar 10, 2022
My name is Nurudeen
I'm a student of University of Ilorin and also a Freelancer

1 Like

Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by OBALOLA55(m): 1:58pm On Mar 10, 2022
Eriokanmi:
If you talk fulani,.maybe some parts of ilorin. They're yorubas of fulani ancestry. That doesn't mean they do all those rubbish fulanis do in Nigeria today. You can tell from the way ilorin enjoys peace...it's one of the peaceful towns in Nigeria today, if not the most peaceful. Kwara state in general is a yoruba dominated state, forget their geographical location
THE EMIR IS ALSO YORUBA undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Current Status Of Kano 3 In 1 Underpass And Flyover (Pics) / Obalende BRT Park: Bad Maintenance Culture Or Sheer Wickedness? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We're Listening Pt. 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.