Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,274 members, 7,853,334 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:43 PM

A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) (37035 Views)

Reconstruction Of Gate-oje-beere-oja To Oba-molete Under Bridge by GSM govt(pix) / A Visit To The Popular Sobi Hill In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) / Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Treasure17(m): 2:02pm On Mar 10, 2022
The only thing worthy of admiration is the affordability of commodities. I was dropped in front of this market by a taxi driver the very first time I entered Ilorin. I couldn't differentiate between Ipata and Yikpata then. God will bless that Corp member that assisted me to the garage that year. Very kind of you.

1 Like

Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Temi2468: 2:04pm On Mar 10, 2022
Originalsly:
Hmmm..... nice thread... good coverage... good insight ... clear pix . Looks very orderly for a market .... ehmmm..... civilized market women ... hassle free shopping.... I'll go sometime ... hopefully in this life time.... even if it's for just those family size plantains! Really this is the type of produce we should be using instead of the clones well packaged in the supermarkets.

Not at all!

I was once here when I needed jatropha seeds for my project. Very scattered, crowdy and unorganized market.

Immediately I stumbled on the post, bad memories of the market swept into my mind but I almost didn't want to comment until I saw your comment.

1 Like

Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Idrisk19(m): 2:11pm On Mar 10, 2022
Alihamdulillah. Proudly Ilorite
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by pacespot(m): 2:15pm On Mar 10, 2022
Ilorin is a great city in Nigeria that doesn't get it's due recognition.
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Titaniumental: 2:17pm On Mar 10, 2022
Odunharry:

There are market in the outskirt like ganmo area and the likes that don't open everyday. Even some people in Ilorin come to the market too to get stuff.
True
Buh people from Ganmo(I mean the indigenous Ganmo people)don't consider themselves as part of Ilorin

Same way Mowe or Ogijo ain't Lagos
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by BloomingDale(f): 2:19pm On Mar 10, 2022
Please put graphic next time.
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Odunharry(m): 2:31pm On Mar 10, 2022
Titaniumental:

True
Buh people from Ganmo(I mean the indigenous Ganmo people)don't consider themselves as part of Ilorin

Same way Mowe or Ogijo ain't Lagos
Yea true.. Even people in Ganmo will tell you they are going to Ilorin/Town. Its funny to me.
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Hadsty23(m): 2:36pm On Mar 10, 2022
Mumusaphire:
Very rough market with plenty stubborn people. Don't mind d op ooooo. If u are going, don't take taxi oooo because taxi won't take u to d gate unless u are a patience person. U will dey inside hold up for up to an hour even when u already getting there. Is better u should take bike or better, drop at aduralere junction if u coming thru maraba. If u coming thru opo malu, bike will be easier.

You didn't lie but not anymore now
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Eriokanmi: 2:37pm On Mar 10, 2022
OBALOLA55:
THE EMIR IS ALSO YORUBA undecided
His mum was.
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by lugado: 2:53pm On Mar 10, 2022
Mumusaphire:
Very rough market with plenty stubborn people. Don't mind d op ooooo. If u are going, don't take taxi oooo because taxi won't take u to d gate unless u are a patience person. U will dey inside hold up for up to an hour even when u already getting there. Is better u should take bike or better, drop at aduralere junction if u coming thru maraba. If u coming thru opo malu, bike will be easier.

Definitely you have never been to any open market in lagos before if you call this market rough
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Feeyarh(f): 3:00pm On Mar 10, 2022
Ipata is a very good market .... I bought foodstuffs there throughout my stay in Ilorin

Those market women chaii��... You do not dare wear any skimpy or transparent cloth to that market... They will embarrass the daylight out of you�

1 Like

Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by juman(m): 3:01pm On Mar 10, 2022
Look the same.
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by remsonik(f): 3:13pm On Mar 10, 2022
Nice market, will visit there soon
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Bacteria8: 3:22pm On Mar 10, 2022
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool AM BOOGYMAN or BABA YAGA and am INTO BLASTING people's left leg wit my old KALA..

WTF MAN!

Dindinrin
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by OBALOLA55(m): 3:38pm On Mar 10, 2022
Eriokanmi:
His mum was.
MY MUM IS FROM IPETUMODU OSUN STATE WHILE MY DAD IS FROM ANAMBRA STATE, SO YOU THINK THAT IM A YORUBA MAN
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by whizzbaale: 3:46pm On Mar 10, 2022
kwaraconnect:
if you are a Kwaran,.. let's get to know you! your name, and what you are into ..

Yeah yeah... From Esie town, kwara state. And currently serving in warri, Delta state
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Agboconsult1(m): 3:59pm On Mar 10, 2022
This kind of market is scattered all over Nigeria. is not only peculiar to Ilorin alone.
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Whobedatte(m): 4:09pm On Mar 10, 2022
Reminds me of when I was working with a Fmcg brand in Ilorin .
Ilorin had big markets and also major key distributors in Nigeria .
Everyday markets
Oja oba
Oja titun
Mandate
Ipata
Yoruba
Offa markets

Periodic markets
Omu Aran
Eyenkorin
Saragi
Bode saadu.
Ilorin sweet o when it comes to social life and night life , can't forget sound bar ,princess , Golden sand at irewolede .
Good Amaka and gbegiri at Captain Cook
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Matthewdan(m): 4:18pm On Mar 10, 2022
My eye ohhhh pepper ohhh Jesu cry cry cry
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by effort1: 4:43pm On Mar 10, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Hmmmm Looks like Oja Sango in Ibadan.
Thank you OP for sharing.

You stand with a drug dealer and irresponsible person?

Do you ever consider the future of your children in your choice of political candidates?
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by JentuPrinz(m): 4:45pm On Mar 10, 2022
kwaraconnect:
if you are a Kwaran,.. let's get to know you! your name, and what you are into ..

I'm Quadri..I'm a printer and graphics designer
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by mayox25: 4:46pm On Mar 10, 2022
Odunharry:

Yea true.. Even people in Ganmo will tell you they are going to Ilorin/Town. Its funny to me.
Ganmo is in Ifelodun local government,and the people are Igbomina.
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by NohurryInLife: 4:57pm On Mar 10, 2022
iwaeda:

Oja Ipata kan, Ilorin kan.
My mum went to this market tired. Old age can take everything from you grin grin grin grin
No be only your mumsy, bro. Even my mumsy sef, her foot prints suppose dey this market.

1 Like

Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Eriokanmi: 5:18pm On Mar 10, 2022
OBALOLA55:
MY MUM IS FROM IPETUMODU OSUN STATE WHILE MY DAD IS FROM ANAMBRA STATE, SO YOU THINK THAT IM A YORUBA MAN
Yes, you can claim your mum's origin. Check the Nigeria constitution for details. My dad is from akoko edo in edo state near isua akoko ondo state but mum is from lagos( from jakande family) and I'm claiming lagos. I can also claim edo if I want. Our constitution allows that.

Otunba Gbenga Daniel, former ogun state governor is another example. His dad is from delta while his mum, an ogun state woman and he became governor of ogun state. He claimed ogun
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Pelumar(m): 5:46pm On Mar 10, 2022
Omo na my mummy be that grin she don cast make I go show her
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Bbbw: 5:51pm On Mar 10, 2022
Ok
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by OBALOLA55(m): 6:10pm On Mar 10, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Yes, you can claim your mum's origin. Check the Nigeria constitution for details. My dad is from akoko edo in edo state near isua akoko ondo state but mum is from lagos( from jakande family) and I'm claiming lagos. I can also claim edo if I want. Our constitution allows that.

Otunba Gbenga Daniel, former ogun state governor is another example. His dad is from delta while his mum, an ogun state woman and he became governor of ogun state. He claimed ogun
BROS SULU GAMBARI FAMILY ARE FUTA JALONIANS
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Bimpe29: 6:45pm On Mar 10, 2022
Ipata Market, one stop shop for all food items.

Things are relatively cheaper and available.

I was a regular visitor while in Ilorin.
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Princebizzie: 6:45pm On Mar 10, 2022
A wonderful market, anything about Ilorin always reminds me of my special Adiza Bukola. RIP sweetie ���
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Allisgud: 7:10pm On Mar 10, 2022
Aboki no where Dem no dey
Re: A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by SURElee(f): 8:58pm On Mar 10, 2022
This market always has beggars lined up in a seated position in the road median as if na their shop location for daily transactions.

These photos are just fine, it isn't the true pictorial, the market is dirty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obalende BRT Park: Bad Maintenance Culture Or Sheer Wickedness? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We're Listening Pt. 3 / Airlander 10: The “flying Bum” Is Currently The World’s Longest Aircraft.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.