Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Fitch, Moody's Slash Russia's Sovereign Rating To Junk - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Fitch, Moody's Slash Russia's Sovereign Rating To Junk (10371 Views)

King Charles III Surrenders Hereditary Revenues In Return For Sovereign Grant / “7,000 Ukrainian Troops Invaded A Sovereign Iraq In 2003 For No Reason. / Americans Chant "Bleep You Biden" As President's Approval Rating Drops (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fitch, Moody's Slash Russia's Sovereign Rating To Junk by wwwihy: 7:23am On Mar 04, 2022
Ratings agencies Fitch and Moody's downgraded Russia by six notches to "junk" status, saying Western sanctions threw into doubt its ability to service debt and would weaken the economy.

Russia's financial markets have been thrown into turmoil by sanctions imposed over its invasion of Ukraine, the biggest attack on a European state since World War Two. read more

The invasion has triggered a flurry of credit rating moves and dire warnings about the impact on Russia's economy. S&P lowered Russia's rating to junk status last week.

It also prompted index providers FTSE Russell and MSCI to announce on Wednesday that they will remove Russian equities from all their indexes, after a top MSCI executive earlier this week called Russia's stock market "uninvestable". read more

FTSE Russell said the decision will be effective from March 7, while MSCI said its decision will be implemented in one step across all MSCI indexes as of the close on March 9. MSCI said it is also reclassifying MSCI Russia Indexes from emerging markets to standalone markets status.

Russia (.MIRU00000PUS) has a weighting of 3.24% in MSCI's emerging market benchmark (.MSCIEF) and a weighting of around 30 basis points in the index provider's global benchmark (.MIWD00000PUS).

The Institute of International Finance predicts a double-digit contraction in economic growth this year. read more

Fitch downgraded Russia to "B" from "BBB" and placed the country's ratings on "rating watch negative". Moody's, which last week had flagged the possibility of a downgrade, also cut the country's rating by six notches, to B3 from Baa3.
https://www.reuters.com/markets/europe/fitch-downgrades-russias-sovereign-rating-b-2022-03-02/

172 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fitch, Moody's Slash Russia's Sovereign Rating To Junk by PrinceOfLagos: 7:26am On Mar 04, 2022
Putin has succeeded in destroying the Russian economy

Chei

When the gods wants to destroy a man, they first make him mad

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fitch, Moody's Slash Russia's Sovereign Rating To Junk by yorubarere: 7:29am On Mar 04, 2022
The West keep ranting on the media like a bitch. If Russia is nothing, why not join the war? Why hide behind Ukraine?

Bunch of modafuckers hiding behind sanctions to steal private Russian men businesses and properties. Putin will have their time whenever he is done with that comedy of a president, zelensky that sees war as an opportunity to make his country funny.

Russia already grounded OneWeb and stopped the sale of rocket engines to US, let them fly on rooms cheesy

Next is to off that Nord 1 stream tap and let those fuvkers freeze to death. One would think giving the ways they were slamming sanctions, that they depend on Russia for nothing, but opposite was the case.... their lives depends on Putin's country.

59 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Fitch, Moody's Slash Russia's Sovereign Rating To Junk by mrvitalis(m): 7:39am On Mar 04, 2022
Wake me up when EU and America stop buying Russia oil n gas ...or when Europe stop buying russian wheat till then all na scam

44 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Fitch, Moody's Slash Russia's Sovereign Rating To Junk by yorubarere: 7:40am On Mar 04, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Putin has succeeded in destroying the Russian economy

Chei

When the gods wants to destroy a man, they first make him mad
Your brain no carry this one comrade... Stick to insulting Tinubu cheesy

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fitch, Moody's Slash Russia's Sovereign Rating To Junk by PrinceOfLagos: 7:41am On Mar 04, 2022
yorubarere:

Your brain no carry this one comrade... Stick to insulting Tinubu cheesy

Oh ok

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fitch, Moody's Slash Russia's Sovereign Rating To Junk by yorubarere: 7:41am On Mar 04, 2022
mrvitalis:
Wake me up when EU and America stop buying Russia oil n gas ...or when Europe stop buying russian wheat till then all na scam
They can't, they depend on her oil, satellites, rockets etc but they were busy slamming sanctions and stealing russian citizens properties using the cover of sanctions. Bunch of thieves.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fitch, Moody's Slash Russia's Sovereign Rating To Junk by joyandfaith: 7:42am On Mar 04, 2022
yorubarere:
The West keep ranting on the media like a bitch. If Russia is nothing, why not join the war? Why hide behind Ukraine?

Bunch of modafuckers hiding behind sanctions to steal private Russian men businesses and properties. Putin will have their time whenever he is done with that comedy of a president, zelensky that sees war as an opportunity to make his country a joke.

Russia already grounded OneWeb and stopped the sale of rocket engines to US, let them fly on rooms cheesy

Next is to off that Nord 1 stream tap and let those fuvkers freeze to death. One would think giving the ways they were slamming sanctions, that they depend on Russia for nothing, but opposite was the case.... their lives depends on Putin's country.
Mr Man!! The era of bloody war is disappearing. Cyber and economic warfare are real deal of 21st century. In the future, i see Robot Soldiers fighting for countries.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fitch, Moody's Slash Russia's Sovereign Rating To Junk by mrvitalis(m): 7:44am On Mar 04, 2022
yorubarere:

They can't, they depend on her oil, satellites, rockets etc but they were busy slamming sanctions and stealing russian citizens properties using the cover of sanctions. Bunch of thieves.
If I'm fighting with my brother and our common enemies start supporting me I would go down on my knees and apologize to my brother ...it means I'm wrong

Ukraine should learn

5 Likes

Re: Fitch, Moody's Slash Russia's Sovereign Rating To Junk by Worldlegend(m): 7:44am On Mar 04, 2022
[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Fitch, Moody's Slash Russia's Sovereign Rating To Junk by janedonez(m): 7:44am On Mar 04, 2022
Lol
Re: Fitch, Moody's Slash Russia's Sovereign Rating To Junk by bigdammyj: 7:44am On Mar 04, 2022
Noted
Re: Fitch, Moody's Slash Russia's Sovereign Rating To Junk by Dawn91(m): 7:45am On Mar 04, 2022
What possessed Putin to do this. Russia had a pretty strong economy with strong institutionns!! Russian companies were listed amongst the top 10 richest in the world, today they are wrecked.. there will be so many suicides in Russia. The has made some former billionaires paupers.

I am starting to think America indirectly pushed Putin by tickling his ego to do this knowing what will happen and how it would backfire massively... This is why it's always good to be wary of people praising you and pushing you to fight someone you are bigger than... In uni those days when H.I.T was in play they always send a smaller person to look for you trouble , you won't know it's a set up before you know it you are down. This is what I feel went on with Russia .

And president Xi of China has started speaking out against Russia, just let that sink in. A Russian ally China has betrayed Russia do you want to know why? The Chinese are not ready to go back to their years of suffering!!! Never rather they will follow and sanction Russia which is what is happening.

At this point I feel for Putin, he should do the honourable thing and step down

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fitch, Moody's Slash Russia's Sovereign Rating To Junk by yorubarere: 7:45am On Mar 04, 2022
joyandfaith:

Mr Man!! The era of bloody war is disappearing. Cyber and economic warfare are real deal of 21st century. In the future, i see Robot Soldiers fighting for countries.
Russia is already hitting back. The West also depends on her for their survival.

1 Like

Re: Fitch, Moody's Slash Russia's Sovereign Rating To Junk by DannyWalker: 7:45am On Mar 04, 2022

This looks like bullshit to me..

Honestly all these hate against Russia has become too boring 5o read... please try hard... this shit is dumb as fvck...

Una dey hate yet they are advancing and taking Ukraine gradually

7 Likes

Re: Fitch, Moody's Slash Russia's Sovereign Rating To Junk by Richy4(m): 7:45am On Mar 04, 2022
In as much as I don't support Russia, this is just Petty... Way too early to start the rating/ downgrade shocked
Re: Fitch, Moody's Slash Russia's Sovereign Rating To Junk by bluefilm: 7:45am On Mar 04, 2022
Wetin kwansign me?

I stand with Putin
Re: Fitch, Moody's Slash Russia's Sovereign Rating To Junk by idogbo(m): 7:46am On Mar 04, 2022
Re: Fitch, Moody's Slash Russia's Sovereign Rating To Junk by wwwihy: 7:46am On Mar 04, 2022
yorubarere:

Russia is already hitting back. The West also depends on her for their survival.
Are you serious..? Do you know Russia is third world country?

177 Likes

Re: Fitch, Moody's Slash Russia's Sovereign Rating To Junk by Passionate888: 7:47am On Mar 04, 2022
Interesting, Buhari should just sanction Russia now o.
Re: Fitch, Moody's Slash Russia's Sovereign Rating To Junk by yorubarere: 7:47am On Mar 04, 2022
Dawn91:
What possessed Putin to do this. Russia had a pretty strong economy with strong institutionns!! Russian companies Lade up the top 10.richest in the world, today they are wrecked.. there will be so many suicides in Russia. The has made some former billionaires paupers.

I am starting to think America indirectly pushed Putin by tickling his ego to do this knowing what will happen
He is doing it to secure his country. Wealth of Nations is for nothing if the nation is unable to protect it. If he doesn't fight NATO now, NATO will fight him, it is just a matter of time.

1. The choice is fight NATO on your own terms when they are not ready.

Or

2. Fight NATO on their own terms when they have encircled you and have stronger hold on you.

I am sure, if you were in Putin's shoes, you know which one to pick. NATO is avoiding physical faceoff now cos they are not ready for war, but they will be ready if Putin is docile and doesn't go after then first.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fitch, Moody's Slash Russia's Sovereign Rating To Junk by Basheer22: 7:47am On Mar 04, 2022
Russia has zealous but powerless supporters. All they can do for Russia is like and share posts. Then, when Europe hammers Russia with sanctions, they shed a few crocodile tears for Russia before running to their neighbours' houses to charge their phones.

Has anyone noticed how China has stepped back from backing up Russia and is instead watching things from afar? grin
Russia's decline is to China's advantage.

171 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fitch, Moody's Slash Russia's Sovereign Rating To Junk by SarkinYarki: 7:47am On Mar 04, 2022
Lol..mumu west
Re: Fitch, Moody's Slash Russia's Sovereign Rating To Junk by Greenmentors: 7:47am On Mar 04, 2022
Learn how to secure your ATM cards in Nigeria, to prevent hackers and scammers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfA509BBEqc
Re: Fitch, Moody's Slash Russia's Sovereign Rating To Junk by RenaissanceGuy: 7:47am On Mar 04, 2022
yorubarere:

Russia should also sanction them accordingly in a tit for tat case. We all know their own sanctions would be featherweight. It's unfortunate, but that's the fact.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fitch, Moody's Slash Russia's Sovereign Rating To Junk by Triangles1(m): 7:47am On Mar 04, 2022
What will hit Russia will be more than coronavirus.

3 Likes

Re: Fitch, Moody's Slash Russia's Sovereign Rating To Junk by DannyWalker: 7:47am On Mar 04, 2022
wwwihy:

Are you serious..? Do you know Russia is third world country?
what is the meaning of third world country...

1 Like

Re: Fitch, Moody's Slash Russia's Sovereign Rating To Junk by Falseprofet2: 7:47am On Mar 04, 2022
grin

Russia is a country of few billionaires and a vast majority of poor people. Like some countries where the wealth is from natural resources; inequality is high. So Putin and his few close friends control everything.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fitch, Moody's Slash Russia's Sovereign Rating To Junk by Elvictor: 7:48am On Mar 04, 2022
Hope those cheering blue eyes and blonde hair, won't cry blood, when Russia start sanctioning them.

They are not sanctioning Russia, but are busy stealing from Russians billionaires, the europeans are thieves.

The biggest thieves are UK citizens, they want to buy Chelsea second hand, and when they buy it, the club will be rubbish, just look at Man Utd managed by a British criminals.

Pakistan sanctioned Russia so that they won't pay back their loan, and when Russia will attack, they will shout sovereign state, lets defend Pakistan.

Us and Germany, are busy snatching properties of Russian billionaires, and I began to wonder, what does sanction on a Russia as a country, has to do with individuals properties?

My prayer is that Africans, and Nigerians, should get ready to defend their countries from blue eyes and blonde hair, because after World War 1 and 2, they come to steal from Africans in the name of civilization.

And now, they are gearing for world war 3, to steal from Africans again, please, our leaders, should start empowering the country to defend itself from these blue eyes and pale face looters.

3 Likes

Re: Fitch, Moody's Slash Russia's Sovereign Rating To Junk by Dawn91(m): 7:48am On Mar 04, 2022
[s]
yorubarere:

[/s]
You watch too many movies and play too many video games

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Javier Milei Wins Argentina Presidential Run-Off Election / France Becomes First Country To Make 'abortion' A Constitutional Right / Mark Meadows Contracts Coronavirus Amid Tightly Contested Presidential Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.