Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Scientists Baffled By Mummified 'Mermaid' With 'Human Face' & Tail (Graphic Pic) - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Scientists Baffled By Mummified 'Mermaid' With 'Human Face' & Tail (Graphic Pic) (81108 Views)

Scientists Baffled By Shark That Defies Rules Of Survival To Walk On Land (Pics) / Indonesian Fisherman Stunned To Find Mutant Baby Shark With Human Face (Photos) / Earth Blamed For Sudden Rusting Of The Moon That Has Baffled Scientists (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scientists Baffled By Mummified 'Mermaid' With 'Human Face' & Tail (Graphic Pic) by Truvelisback(m): 5:36pm On Mar 04, 2022
I'm Daddified.

Re: Scientists Baffled By Mummified 'Mermaid' With 'Human Face' & Tail (Graphic Pic) by bizzibodi(m): 5:38pm On Mar 04, 2022
This proof mermaids are not illusionary creatures...but why is this one ugly?which foolish man can this freak seduce?
Re: Scientists Baffled By Mummified 'Mermaid' With 'Human Face' & Tail (Graphic Pic) by phranklyn92(m): 5:39pm On Mar 04, 2022
bikkybaby:
They are real
Real kò, Riliwan ni.
Re: Scientists Baffled By Mummified 'Mermaid' With 'Human Face' & Tail (Graphic Pic) by AngelicBeing: 5:41pm On Mar 04, 2022
sad
Re: Scientists Baffled By Mummified 'Mermaid' With 'Human Face' & Tail (Graphic Pic) by BossKingRex587: 5:45pm On Mar 04, 2022
Now I have another forum to go anytime nairaland mess with me
hypernikao18: With this .. com forum, maybe I can achieve my dream of dating a Ghana girl

Re: Scientists Baffled By Mummified 'Mermaid' With 'Human Face' & Tail (Graphic Pic) by Imbecilicsamuel: 5:51pm On Mar 04, 2022
ThiefBeanmanx:
[s]nigerians don't take corrections if it dosnt come with insults [/s]
F@gg0t @p£. How do you like that? cheesy
Re: Scientists Baffled By Mummified 'Mermaid' With 'Human Face' & Tail (Graphic Pic) by wheelchairboy(m): 5:52pm On Mar 04, 2022
ExAngel007:
A mummified "mermaid" said to grant immortality to whoever tastes its flesh will be examined by scientists in order to reveal its true nature.

The mysterious creature was allegedly caught in the Pacific Ocean, off the Japanese island of Shikoku, between 1736 and 1741, and is now kept in a temple in the city of Asakuchi.

The creature has a human appearance except for its fish-like lower half.

Researchers from the Kurashiki University of Science and the Arts have now taken the mummy for CT scanning in a bid to unravel its secrets.

Hiroshi Kinoshita of the Okayama Folklore Society, who came up with the project, said the bizarre creature could have religious significance.

Hiroshi Kinoshita "Japanese mermaids have a legend of immortality," he said.

"It is said that if you eat the flesh of a mermaid, you will never die."

"There is a legend in many parts of Japan that a woman accidentally ate the flesh of a mermaid and lived for 800 years.

"This ‘Yao-Bikuni’ legend is also preserved near the temple where the mermaid mummy was found.

"I heard that some people, believing in the legend, used to eat the scales of mermaid mummies."

The scientists examining the mummy will publish their findings later this year.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17828242/mystery-mummified-mermaid-human-face-tail/

Na Sea monkey be this o
Re: Scientists Baffled By Mummified 'Mermaid' With 'Human Face' & Tail (Graphic Pic) by bluefilm: 5:54pm On Mar 04, 2022
Believe this; you'll believe anything.
Re: Scientists Baffled By Mummified 'Mermaid' With 'Human Face' & Tail (Graphic Pic) by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 5:55pm On Mar 04, 2022
Why does thing look so much like MYND44?
Re: Scientists Baffled By Mummified 'Mermaid' With 'Human Face' & Tail (Graphic Pic) by onlinestaff2020: 5:59pm On Mar 04, 2022
The mermaid looks like IYAEBE on Nairaland - IYAEBE is so ugly like this mermaid monster.

1 Like

Re: Scientists Baffled By Mummified 'Mermaid' With 'Human Face' & Tail (Graphic Pic) by soundOsonic: 6:08pm On Mar 04, 2022
Lol ignorance isn't good. This is called Sirenomelia.
which is also known as mermaid syndrome, is an extremely rare congenital developmental disorder characterized by anomalies of the lower spine and the lower limbs. Affected infants are born with partial or complete fusion of the legs.

Why are the scientist not wise enough that such a sydrome exist?

1 Like

Re: Scientists Baffled By Mummified 'Mermaid' With 'Human Face' & Tail (Graphic Pic) by Mitsurugi(m): 6:10pm On Mar 04, 2022
ThiefBeanmanx:
Idiots like righteousness will come here to spill his usual trash

Why call him an idiot? What has he done to you? Do you not profess your opinions to others? Does this make you an idiot?

1 Like

Re: Scientists Baffled By Mummified 'Mermaid' With 'Human Face' & Tail (Graphic Pic) by anonymuz(m): 6:11pm On Mar 04, 2022
RoyalBoutique:
Nonsense.

They want to wash our heads again.
upon injury
Re: Scientists Baffled By Mummified 'Mermaid' With 'Human Face' & Tail (Graphic Pic) by Benrosaria(m): 6:12pm On Mar 04, 2022
ExAngel007:
A mummified "mermaid" said to grant immortality to whoever tastes its flesh will be examined by scientists in order to reveal its true nature.

The mysterious creature was allegedly caught in the Pacific Ocean, off the Japanese island of Shikoku, between 1736 and 1741, and is now kept in a temple in the city of Asakuchi.

The creature has a human appearance except for its fish-like lower half.

Researchers from the Kurashiki University of Science and the Arts have now taken the mummy for CT scanning in a bid to unravel its secrets.

Hiroshi Kinoshita of the Okayama Folklore Society, who came up with the project, said the bizarre creature could have religious significance.

Hiroshi Kinoshita "Japanese mermaids have a legend of immortality," he said.

"It is said that if you eat the flesh of a mermaid, you will never die."

"There is a legend in many parts of Japan that a woman accidentally ate the flesh of a mermaid and lived for 800 years.

"This ‘Yao-Bikuni’ legend is also preserved near the temple where the mermaid mummy was found.

"I heard that some people, believing in the legend, used to eat the scales of mermaid mummies."

The scientists examining the mummy will publish their findings later this year.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17828242/mystery-mummified-mermaid-human-face-tail/

White man stop proving to blacks about god, serve your own juju make we do our own. We don’t want to be closer to god anymore since you all got closer to him and won’t want us to enjoy being close to him not you
Re: Scientists Baffled By Mummified 'Mermaid' With 'Human Face' & Tail (Graphic Pic) by Mitsurugi(m): 6:13pm On Mar 04, 2022
bizzibodi:
This proof mermaids are not illusionary creatures...but why is this one ugly?which foolish man can this freak seduce?

lol.... Their beauty is an illusion grin
Re: Scientists Baffled By Mummified 'Mermaid' With 'Human Face' & Tail (Graphic Pic) by Rawhumper(m): 6:14pm On Mar 04, 2022
I believe in supernatural. I have seen and
heard things so this possible, but I won't buy
eating the flesh gives longetivity,thats crap.

uote author=bikkybaby post=110749829]They are real[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Scientists Baffled By Mummified 'Mermaid' With 'Human Face' & Tail (Graphic Pic) by Mitsurugi(m): 6:15pm On Mar 04, 2022
ThiefBeanmanx:
if the opinion is idiotic.

And who are you to deem another person's opinion idiotic? Isn't it more mature to use superior argument and where that fails even most mature to walk away. Do you not think insulting another places you lower?
Re: Scientists Baffled By Mummified 'Mermaid' With 'Human Face' & Tail (Graphic Pic) by jimmynauty: 6:15pm On Mar 04, 2022
ruggedtimi:
Hmm. Looks fake

Seen the original?
Re: Scientists Baffled By Mummified 'Mermaid' With 'Human Face' & Tail (Graphic Pic) by ProElite: 6:17pm On Mar 04, 2022
How come it can grant immortality but itself DEAD. Just curious...!!!

3 Likes

Re: Scientists Baffled By Mummified 'Mermaid' With 'Human Face' & Tail (Graphic Pic) by IbileIfe: 6:19pm On Mar 04, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
That's the ancestor of many nairaland witches like pocohantas, saphiere, datboredberri and co.

May the Blood of Jesus cover every male on this forum.
AMEN.

1 Like

Re: Scientists Baffled By Mummified 'Mermaid' With 'Human Face' & Tail (Graphic Pic) by Ejehkob: 6:20pm On Mar 04, 2022
It is Selina tested grin
Re: Scientists Baffled By Mummified 'Mermaid' With 'Human Face' & Tail (Graphic Pic) by IbileIfe: 6:20pm On Mar 04, 2022
ProElite:
How come it can grant immortality but itself DEAD. Just curious...!!!
shocked

1 Like

Re: Scientists Baffled By Mummified 'Mermaid' With 'Human Face' & Tail (Graphic Pic) by Rawhumper(m): 6:22pm On Mar 04, 2022
What gives u the impression u finer than mynd44?

Forget u a lady,u not even more finer than
me,take it or leave it, I look far more handsome in real life than pics, I dont like taking pics.. When I walk on the road,heads turn even fellow guys...I hate when people cast other people
cos of their looks even if na play.

uote author=UyaiIncomparabl post=110750969]Why does thing look so much like MYND44? [/quote]
Re: Scientists Baffled By Mummified 'Mermaid' With 'Human Face' & Tail (Graphic Pic) by Foreseer: 6:23pm On Mar 04, 2022
Resembles one presidential aspirant grin

1 Like

Re: Scientists Baffled By Mummified 'Mermaid' With 'Human Face' & Tail (Graphic Pic) by Aaaoo: 6:33pm On Mar 04, 2022
Oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Two Big Cats Killed In My Bedroom After They Engaged In Serious Fight / 62-Year-Old Ball Python Lays Eggs Despite Having No Contact With Male (Photos) / Injured HammerHead Shark Killed In Lekki, Lagos After Being Washed Ashore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.