Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,075 members, 7,828,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Putin Says 'Russia Has No Ill Intentions' - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Putin Says 'Russia Has No Ill Intentions' (76215 Views)

Russia Will Not Attack NATO But F-16s Will Be Shot Down In Ukraine, Putin Says / Elvira Nabiullina Wants To Resign Over Ukraine, Putin Says No / Putin Says Russia Will Achieve Ukraine Goals, Decries Sanctions (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Putin Says 'Russia Has No Ill Intentions' by lalasticlala(m): 3:53pm On Mar 04, 2022
Russian President Vladimir Putin has said that Russia has no "ill intentions" towards Ukraine, hours after Russian forces had seized Europe's biggest nuclear power plant.

Putin made the comment on the state-controlled Rossiya 24 news channel on Friday in which he called on neighboring countries "to think about how to normalize relations."

"I want to emphasize once again. We have no ill intentions towards our neighbors, and I would advise them not to escalate the situation, nor to introduce any restrictions," he said, according to news agencies.

"All our actions, if they arise, always arise exclusively in response to unfriendly actions against Russia," he added.

Putin also said: "We do not see any need here to escalate the situation or worsen our relations."

Putin's comments come more than a week after he ordered an invasion that has caused numerous casualties and sparked a growing refugee crisis.

The international community reacted with alarm when the Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant was reportedly shelled by Russian forces, who captured the facility on Friday. The U.S. embassy in Ukraine tweeted that attacking a nuclear power plant constitutes a "war crime."

As he spoke to mark a new ferry that would travel between its exclave of Kaliningrad and the rest of Russia, Putin also appeared to brush off the impact of sanctions imposed on his country.

"We will just have to move some projects a little to the right, to acquire additional competencies," he said. "In the end, we will even benefit from this because we will acquire additional competencies."

President Joe Biden has imposed new sanctions on eight members of the Russian elite, while the U.S. joined forces with European allies in kicking certain Russian banks out of the international SWIFT payment system.

Foreign ministers gathered in Brussels on Friday to discuss what measures to take against Russia as it continues its aggression in Ukraine.

British Foreign Secretary Liz Truss said she wants agreement from the international community to restrict Russian oil and gas exports.

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-ukraine-putin-intentions-war-zelensky-1684887

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Putin Says 'Russia Has No Ill Intentions' by seandurse(m): 3:55pm On Mar 04, 2022
I don't like war, I don't like war. Twice up here this week on war related topics. Talk to me O'LORD

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Putin Says 'Russia Has No Ill Intentions' by KUNZEH(m): 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2022
Where is the pleading? Mumu headline

531 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Putin Says 'Russia Has No Ill Intentions' by kerry57: 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2022
Oga Putin, shebi u get balls? Men with balls don't beg. What will happen to the innocent civilians that u have murdered? I used to respect u Putin but u lost my respect for this impolitic move of urs and u will certainly pay for ur crime and ur country will still pay darely for it. The main payment is ahead, u just dey start.

144 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Putin Says 'Russia Has No Ill Intentions' by chikason22(m): 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2022
Shut da fvck up Putin. I thought you are a hard man Why are you begging. You think you can win a fight against united people.
Not possible. If Nigerians unite to fight those old cargoes and ancestors disturbing our political offices with their voters card, none of them will take us for granted.

NB. I thought Putin fans and terrorists supporters said those sanctions cannot not affect him or his country. Look at him begging.
Una never see anything. By the time the West is through with him and his country, he will never think of invading someone's community not to talk of his country.
Nonsense and ingredients.
The end of Putin is just near. This will serve as a deterrent to any modafvcker that want to try that shit ever again.

MORE SANCTIONS PLEASE

117 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Putin Says 'Russia Has No Ill Intentions' by EmzyT: 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2022
Re: Putin Says 'Russia Has No Ill Intentions' by markidoo(m): 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2022
LoL
Putin is tired of Putting in!!!!

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Putin Says 'Russia Has No Ill Intentions' by Amerengues2: 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2022
I have always said it that it is only a child who doesn't understand the sound of a wardrum that will call it Don jazzy' tune.

Ibere ija lamo, a ko mo ipari e.

They should both sheath their swords and settle it amicably.

Lessons: Never let people egg you on in making foolhardy decisions you can't live with. This cut across Russia and Ukraine. The world is the spectators while the ruin is in the yard of Ukraine.

Je Ogun o mi

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Putin Says 'Russia Has No Ill Intentions' by englishmart(m): 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2022
Those who rush to comment without reading will not get the reality in the news. Putin ain't a softhearted fellow like GEJ. He fears no toothless sanctions.
Nobody sanctions America the most notoriously devious nation.

156 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Putin Says 'Russia Has No Ill Intentions' by ifeanyija(m): 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2022
WHERE DID HE PLEAD?

223 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Putin Says 'Russia Has No Ill Intentions' by obembet(f): 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2022
Idiot.. I know the highest Russia can survive is 5 years.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Says 'Russia Has No Ill Intentions' by Rebuke: 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2022
grin

Smh! He hasn't seen anything yet.

1 Like

Re: Putin Says 'Russia Has No Ill Intentions' by Opistorincos(m): 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2022
So, this baba fit talk reasonable matter like this? Wawuu, e wan turn Russia to third world country

4 Likes

Re: Putin Says 'Russia Has No Ill Intentions' by ruggedtimi(m): 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2022
Lol
Re: Putin Says 'Russia Has No Ill Intentions' by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2022
The basterd should leave Ukraine first, then we shall know what to do

18 Likes

Re: Putin Says 'Russia Has No Ill Intentions' by Sunisonflex39(m): 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2022
Finally Putin one beg...

Russian oligarchy like them Roman,usmanov don phone Putin..na the oligarch really get Russia..

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Putin Says 'Russia Has No Ill Intentions' by Adjovi: 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2022
He's actually right tho. If truly he wanted to war with Ukraine by now he would have taken all. The media is just blowing the proportion by appealing to people's emotions. For example no one is talking about the said soldiers on the snake island why? Because Russia actually didn't kill them. I just hope they end everything in the next meeting they are having today or tomorrow.

101 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Putin Says 'Russia Has No Ill Intentions' by sotall(m): 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2022
cool

Nairaland Putin's asslickers will not accept this.

They have pushed Putin into sanctions and now he is begging.

grin grin grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Says 'Russia Has No Ill Intentions' by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2022
He never see anything. Buhari has not added his sanctions yet and he is complaining

93 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Putin Says 'Russia Has No Ill Intentions' by ceragon123: 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2022
If I hear!
Re: Putin Says 'Russia Has No Ill Intentions' by ExAngel007(f): 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2022
twisted news

12 Likes

Re: Putin Says 'Russia Has No Ill Intentions' by SeverusSnape(m): 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2022
Foolish Putin. You've not seen anything yet. By the time the Civilized world is done with Russia, North Korea would be much better than it.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Putin Says 'Russia Has No Ill Intentions' by Ades1234(m): 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2022
He should stop the invasion of Ukrainian first

12 Likes

Re: Putin Says 'Russia Has No Ill Intentions' by WORLDREED(m): 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2022
E be things
Re: Putin Says 'Russia Has No Ill Intentions' by Offpoint1: 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2022
cheesy
Re: Putin Says 'Russia Has No Ill Intentions' by Isewa: 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Putin Says 'Russia Has No Ill Intentions' by revived2: 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2022
E dun touch the way ray angry grin

6 Likes

Re: Putin Says 'Russia Has No Ill Intentions' by GoshenNLA(m): 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2022
Get the hell out of Ukraine, you can never gain from this war

4 Likes

Re: Putin Says 'Russia Has No Ill Intentions' by advanceDNA: 3:57pm On Mar 04, 2022
Baba Putin....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Joe Biden Gifts Vladimir Putin $300 Aviators & $3200 Crystal American Bison (Pix / South African Man's Bedroom Turns To A Bar With His Looted Drinks (Video) / The Obama Family At The Beginning Of Obama's Presidency And Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.