Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,949 members, 7,952,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:46 AM

Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer (14818 Views)

Funmi Iyanda Raises Her Skirts To Prove That She Is Not Bleaching (pics) / Funmi Iyanda Throws Shade At DonJazzy ? (see Tweet) / Funmi Iyanda As A Corper 20 Years Ago (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by aloyemeka1: 10:15pm On Jun 28, 2011
Tuesday, June 28, 2011[size=14pt]
Funmi Iyanda turns down being a presenter on CNN
[/size]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-9HHCRQQGrVg/TgoZNjE6yLI/AAAAAAAAEUw/76gMyCir5uk/s1600/FunmiIyandaBBC.jpg[/img]

She explains why “Surely, that would have taken my career backward. Why would I want to be a presenter on CNN when I make shows that CNN would happily commission and buy? I have been offered several shows to produce and host for a number of international platforms. Two are in development, both are continental and audacious.[b] If CNN offered me my own Piers Morgan type of gig, then yes! [/b]You know what would be great? If I am able to do the same for a coalition of NTA, AIT and Channels. Right now the policies and economies that are against it are daunting but time will tell.”

http://lindaikeji..com/2011/06/funmi-iyanda-turns-down-being-presenter.html
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by Natasha2(f): 10:23pm On Jun 28, 2011
okay cheesy
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by shotster50(m): 11:12pm On Jun 28, 2011
You wish darling
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by Kunbee: 11:40pm On Jun 28, 2011
EHn ehn
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by mikuz(m): 2:10am On Jun 29, 2011
@shotster
and what do you mean by that?
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by shotster50(m): 2:55am On Jun 29, 2011
@ mikuz

Who is she fooling with that yarns? Unless of course she is self delusional,
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by aloyemeka2: 4:08am On Jun 29, 2011
shotster50:

You wish darling

Stop hating please. I saw the letter of employment myself. tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by shotster50(m): 6:43am On Jun 29, 2011
^^^^^^^Lol, Even more reason why it should not be taken seriously.
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by Nobody: 7:08am On Jun 29, 2011
^^ lol grin grin grin
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by Dolemite(f): 8:35am On Jun 29, 2011
From these responses it is evident that you Nigerians are haters. . .if she appeared on CNN you all would 'pretend' to be happy for her, but it would eat you up inside, why are you people like that?

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by coogar: 10:27am On Jun 29, 2011
aloy-emeka:

Stop hating please. I saw the letter of employment myself. tongue tongue tongue tongue

funmi iyanda declined a cnn job offer? i laugh in boko haram. how would she present on cnn with her terrible diction and idumota accent?

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 29, 2011
Funmi is amazing and has presented the best shows I've seen especially 'time out with Funmi' or what's the name unlike Mo that brings people to her studio to discuss things that are of no relevance to the average Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by Suntemi(m): 1:33pm On Jun 29, 2011
Dolemite:

From these responses it is evident that you Nigerians are haters. . .if she appeared on CNN you all would 'pretend' to be happy for her, but it would eat you up inside, why are you people like that?

Too much haters.
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by PeeDaVinci: 1:39pm On Jun 29, 2011
she's got everything it takes to make it big in cnn but her accent
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by ideylaff: 1:46pm On Jun 29, 2011
Stop hating please. I saw the letter of employment myself

@ aloy-emeka , LOL, sure ur joking right,

How she go get Letter of Employment if she no apply for the job in the first place, or at least negotiated with them @ some point
cheesy
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by spikedcylinder: 1:59pm On Jun 29, 2011
What is wrong with her accent? OH!!!! Because she doesn't fake an American or British one? Right. Gotcha. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by iragbijile: 2:08pm On Jun 29, 2011
Definitely CNN did not offer her nada

With her ara oko accent? I am sure CNN isnt thinking of her.

Common, even Funlola Aofiyebi isnt CNN material, let alone Funmi Iyanda

FUnmi Iyanda ko, FUnmi Iyanda ni

WHo is fooling who?

SHaki too wants to shebi ora

In fact I am flabbergasted.
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by citee(m): 2:09pm On Jun 29, 2011
funmi iyanda declined a cnn job offer? i laugh in boko haram. how would she present on cnn with her terrible diction and idumota accent?
[Damn, that was cold! She no bad like that na, haba!
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 29, 2011
spikedcylinder:

What is wrong with her accent? OH!!!! Because she doesn't fake an American or British one? Right. Gotcha. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Thank you, they want her to start talking like who has hot yam in the mouth like Mo

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by atasteve: 2:17pm On Jun 29, 2011
"Career decisions that we make each time we have to, goes a long to affect our wealth creation capacity either positively or negatively" - Yinka Atanda (2011)

Good decision!
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by AjanleKoko: 2:27pm On Jun 29, 2011
Okay, maybe she said it the wrong way, the Nigerian arrogant way.
But well . . . it is her decision to make. Besides, she has her own show on Nigerian TV, which gives her income and exposure.
Why would she want to give that up to be a programmes announcer or newscaster on CNN? She's hardly a youngin anymore, and she would have to compete with a lot of fresher, younger, and smarter people. At her age, that would be foolhardy.
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by benbenards(m): 2:28pm On Jun 29, 2011
so funmi iyanda[color=#006600][/color] hw does this put food on my table, and money in my pockets
irrelevant post
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by ronkebp(f): 2:29pm On Jun 29, 2011
Kai, Nigerians, una too dey jealous oooo and it is a bad trait, common now, what if she was offered, big deal!!!! how is her accepting or declining the offer affecting anybody, please, we should always be positive in our thoughts.
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by MMM3(m): 2:31pm On Jun 29, 2011
i see
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by iragbijile: 2:33pm On Jun 29, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Okay, maybe she said it the wrong way, the Nigerian arrogant way.
But well . . . it is her decision to make. Besides, she has her own show on Nigerian TV, which gives her income and exposure.
Why would she want to give that up to be a programmes announcer or newscaster on CNN? She's hardly a youngin anymore, and she would have to compete with a lot of fresher, younger, and smarter people. At her age, that would be foolhardy.

The truth is that CNN wont even touch her with a pole as long as the one they used to separate the red sea

Do you even know the kind of people that work for CNN? With 'breadi agege' accent? Me thinks not.

Even you sef dont have what it takes to make it on CNN
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by Ikwikwikwi(m): 2:35pm On Jun 29, 2011
it is not true, I know this lady well. She will grab the offer with all her strength. Funmi Fool me grin grin grin grin
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by 1forall: 2:37pm On Jun 29, 2011
If this is true then I think Funmi made a good decision because she gave a sensible justification, and even described conditions (even if hardly possible) under which she would consider such a move. . . smart chick grin

Dolemite:

Don't get it twisted, 6 sarcastic replies and suddenly all Nigerians are haters, aren't there haters everywhere?

Wonder where that idea came from? A bad Nigerian experience doesn't mean we're all evil darling wink

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by aloyemeka2: 2:39pm On Jun 29, 2011
Ikwikwikwi:

it is not true, I know this lady well. She will grab the offer with all her strength. Funmi Fool me grin grin grin grin

Roflmao grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by StudioCFR(m): 2:41pm On Jun 29, 2011
who wan dash dat local champion wey dey laugh like illiterate CNN job?

TIME OUT WITH FUNMI is only popular in Lagos. . Outter lagos, she's a nobody.
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by aloyemeka2: 2:42pm On Jun 29, 2011
ideylaff:

@ aloy-emeka , LOL, sure your joking right,

How she go get Letter of Employment if she no apply for the job in the first place, or at least negotiated with them @ some point
cheesy

Didn't you read where she thought the will offer her something like a Morgans Piers/Larry King show?. Or at least use her to replace Nancy Grace in HLN?. Nancy Grace is getting too old for the screen and Funmi seems to be a right choice for now.
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by noeliky(m): 2:45pm On Jun 29, 2011
A man of purpose is a man that is not distracted, money      is not everything and infact she has made the decision that best suites her purpose. thanks
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by jerricho(m): 2:49pm On Jun 29, 2011
For Heaven sake, Fumni is a dutchess in her own frame--& I don't mean CNN.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Multisheen Gives Rosaline Meurer Birthday Celebration Surprise Party / “I Truly Regret Selling My Soul To The Illuminati - Lady Gaga / Koffi Annan's Daughter, Ama, Weds Poju Adedeji This Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.