Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,713 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum (84725 Views)

Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience / Honest Nigerian Stylist, Returns N600K Mistakenly Credited To His Account / Bank Mistakenly Credited A Zimbabwean Student's Account With N19.4M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by OlodoGraduate: 6:27pm On Mar 05, 2022
Hello, bosses.
Just this evening, I received an alert of #120,000 from an unknown person.
It says union transfer.
I really don't know what condition the person would be right now.
Am I to go to my bank to complain or to Union Bank?
Pls, I need helpful replies.

34 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by soundOsonic: 6:30pm On Mar 05, 2022
No go to the bank o. No touch the money. Wait for 3 months. After 3 months you fit spend am.
Or don't listen to my advice, go to the bank and they will contact the donor.

If you spend the money, you go cough am out o

317 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by OlodoGraduate: 6:33pm On Mar 05, 2022
soundOsonic:
No go to the bank o. No touch the money. Wait for 3 months. After 3 months you fit spend am.
Or don't listen to my advice, go to the bank and they will contact the recipient.

LoL. I can't spend a dime from it, sir.
I no get money,but no be me own am.
One day, I go get my own too grin
So, I'll go with the second advice.
And sir,does Union transfer means it's from Union Bank?
I think there's this kind of payment like PayPal etc that bears Union or something.
Kindly enlighten, sir.

556 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Flexherbal(m): 7:05pm On Mar 05, 2022
Go to the bank and explain to them.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Lordbinsmar: 7:08pm On Mar 05, 2022
report to your bank

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by DarkJeddi(m): 7:13pm On Mar 05, 2022
This one na trap them done set for you o..

Just chop am and your 2022 done enter..

Na to dey drag you like Tiger generator.. grin

266 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Nicepoker(m): 7:19pm On Mar 05, 2022
You see that money? Na tap and die. Devil's food.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 05, 2022
Bank, straight!

Bvn Don do people ncha. If it were before, some will not return the money or report to the bank.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 05, 2022
it's mine, please email me for procedure on how to send it back

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Nairalandhotboy(m): 7:37pm On Mar 05, 2022
grin in 2018 I got credited 55k from nowhere. I withdrew it immediately and kept the money in another account. After few months and no show. I spent it abeg. I still dey street that time. Till today nothing.

I no talk say make u do like me o. But Kala

302 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Nobody: 7:42pm On Mar 05, 2022
Be like say na local chewing gum loader wey borrow ur account
Expect village efcc in the next 3 market days

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 05, 2022
Nairalandhotboy:
grin in 2018 I got credited 55k from nowhere. I withdrew it immediately and kept the money in another account. After few months and no show. I spent it abeg. I still dey street that time. Till today nothing.

This kind story dey sound like lottery
One in 50million chances

136 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by RoyalBoutique(m): 7:48pm On Mar 05, 2022
OlodoGraduate:

I think there's this kind of payment like PayPal etc that bears Union or something.
Kindly enlighten, sir.

Why go to the person's bank when you can just go to your bank and report it?

Your bank can track where it came from and the money can be automatically reversed by your bank only.

96 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by ruggedtimi(m): 7:49pm On Mar 05, 2022
Calm down it might be one of ur relative you asked for money... probably you forgot. And the person is forming bad guy to call you. I had same experience

190 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Cholls(m): 7:50pm On Mar 05, 2022
My brother follow your heart

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Karleb(m): 7:51pm On Mar 05, 2022
Nairalandhotboy:

Ru'oju pa (zehh)
Le oju pa (zehh)
Ma rerin (zehh)
Kala (zehh)
Daju (zehh)

grin

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by EASYGURU(m): 8:04pm On Mar 05, 2022
Something similar happened to me last weeks. I logged into my wema bank mobile banking app so I'll spend money in my alawee account that I've not touched oooo. Lo and behold. I saw another bank account there with 2.2mil naira. Note I used my own Mobil banking details to login ooo only for me to see another person account number on my profile. I had access to empty the whole 2.2m using the same mibile banking pin as i used in logging in ooo or finger print but i ignored. I just called bank straight and for over 5days bank didn't do anything. I had to call them again warning them that i have no interest in the money as i don't know how it became attached to my profile and i also do nor have any interest in the funds there. I told them this is the sixth time I'm contacting you concerning this. I won't be part of whatever fraud you guys are planning. I also instructed them to record the call conversation as it would be used as evidence against them should incase of any fraudulent activity i warned. After about 24 hours later they restored my account. See screenshot attached below

Screenshot bears my real account account name (Red Arrow), (Green Arrow) account number. If you check the account number with another mobile banking app you'll see it's a different name.

119 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by EASYGURU(m): 8:07pm On Mar 05, 2022
Many Nigerians still have a very good heart. Yes we still exist.

191 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by EASYGURU(m): 8:08pm On Mar 05, 2022
Nairalandhotboy:

Lol na em be say if you get this ny opportunity unko ? Wetin you go do ??

EASYGURU:
Something similar happened to me last weeks. I logged into my wema bank mobile banking app so I'll spend money in my alawee account that I've not touched oooo. Lo and behold. I saw another bank account there with 2.2mil naira. Note I used my own Mobil banking details to login ooo only for me to see another person account number on my profile. I had access to empty the whole 2.2m using the same mibile banking pin as i used in logging in ooo or finger print but i ignored. I just called bank straight and for over 5days bank didn't do anything. I had to call them again warning them that i have no interest in the money as i don't know how it became attached to my profile and i also do nor have any interest in the funds there. I told them this is the sixth time I'm contacting you concerning this. I won't be part of whatever fraud you guys are planning. I also instructed them to record the call conversation as it would be used as evidence against them should incase of any fraudulent activity i warned. After about 24 hours later they restored my account. See screenshot attached below

Screenshot bears my real account account name (Red Arrow), (Green Arrow) account number. If you check the account number with another mobile banking app you'll see it's a different name.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by lasisi69(f): 8:30pm On Mar 05, 2022
soundOsonic:
Or don't listen to my advice, go to the bank and they will contact the recipient.

Donor cool

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by DontBullshitMe: 8:43pm On Mar 05, 2022
Legally, the money is yours since it is in your account.

But the legal ownership of the money stops the moment the real owner begins to look for it and traces it to your account.

It's similar to the case of an abandoned property. The occupant/user of an abandoned property can lay claim to it in the absence of the owner.

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by qekng40(f): 8:48pm On Mar 05, 2022
Go to the bank and make your complaints.
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Omini247: 9:02pm On Mar 05, 2022
You all don't believe in miracles that's the issue....at the advantage of some bankers though

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Oyinlomobambam(m): 9:03pm On Mar 05, 2022
Report to police, and report to bank... Else a case of fraud await you

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Niwdog(m): 9:09pm On Mar 05, 2022
OlodoGraduate:

Kindly enlighten, sir.
since e no dey your mind to chop the money you no know say the best option na to report to your bank
Abi you want tell nairaland say you holy

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Bestiee01(f): 9:10pm On Mar 05, 2022
Sometimes I believe God may just want to make u enjoy urself a little.its not a crime

4 Likes

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Shegzdave: 9:11pm On Mar 05, 2022
OlodoGraduate:
Hello, bosses.
Just this evening, I received an alert of #120,000 from an unknown person.
It says union transfer.
I really don't know what condition the person would be right now.
Na the divine Alert wey you dey pray for be this nah.. No allow this Alert pass you by cheesy grin

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by wiseone28: 9:16pm On Mar 05, 2022
Op don't mind any person wey go advice you to use am play quick two odds before you return it

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by rickpat(m): 9:24pm On Mar 05, 2022
if you are very anxious,go to your bank and report....if you're patient,just chill..the sender will go and complain and the money would disappear in no time...whatever you do, DON'T DARE TOUCH THAT MONEY!!..make you no go relax for cell o,come still payback

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Flamees(m): 9:28pm On Mar 05, 2022
EASYGURU:

Hmm Omo this matter strong

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Flamees(m): 9:30pm On Mar 05, 2022
wiseone28:
Op don't mind any person wey go advice you to use am play quick two odds before you return it

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by OlodoGraduate: 9:39pm On Mar 05, 2022
Niwdog:
since e no dey your mind to chop the money you no know say the best option na to report to your bank
Abi you want tell nairaland say you holy
It's not about being holy or such.
I asked if I'd go to my bank or the sender's bank.
You can read again, sir.

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Domain Name Business / Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man / Electric Cable At First Bank ATM Mile 12, Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.