Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,148 members, 7,821,918 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum (84751 Views)

Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience / Honest Nigerian Stylist, Returns N600K Mistakenly Credited To His Account / Bank Mistakenly Credited A Zimbabwean Student's Account With N19.4M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by treatise: 9:30am On Mar 06, 2022
Geenosko:
120,00 is a huge sum?
Na wao

That can buy several loaves of bread ; naira is still better Zimbabwean dollar grin

1 Like

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by iLoveYouToo(m): 9:30am On Mar 06, 2022
OlodoGraduate:

LoL. I can't spend a dime from it, sir.
I no get money,but no be me own am.
One day, I go get my own too grin
So, I'll go with the second advice.
And sir,does Union transfer means it's from Union Bank?
I think there's this kind of payment like PayPal etc that bears Union or something.
Kindly enlighten, sir.

Don’t spend it. My colleague transferred 300,000 to a girl (we got her name from his bank statement) mistakenly in December 2021, it’s only last month he realized the mistake. We only just commenced the process of getting the money back. It’s either you hold onto it or report to the sender’s bank so you’ll transfer the burden to them

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by LordErrk: 9:31am On Mar 06, 2022
EASYGURU:
Many Nigerians still have a very good heart. Yes we still exist.

Baba no be good heart. E just easy to catch people these days grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Nobody: 9:31am On Mar 06, 2022
OlodoGraduate:
Hello, bosses.
Just this evening, I received an alert of #120,000 from an unknown person.
It says union transfer.
I really don't know what condition the person would be right now.
Am I to go to my bank to complain or to Union Bank?
Pls, I need helpful replies.
Go to any of your bank's branch or contact customers support helpline. Don't listen to those "rejoice now, regret later" people here.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Kingcalls: 9:32am On Mar 06, 2022
EASYGURU:
Many Nigerians still have a very good heart. Yes we still exist.

Its not about good heart

.they dont want that to lead them to kirikiri

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by sureEbh: 9:32am On Mar 06, 2022
OlodoGraduate:
Hello, bosses.
It says union transfer.

I am surprised you are even asking what your decision should be.
It seems on one hand, something is saying eat the money. On another hand, a voice is saying return it. You don't seems to agree more with the later voice. If I were you, I should go to bank tomorrow and ask them to explain such a transaction, and let it be documented. It could also be someone sent you money without informing you. So, let your bank know and document that you don't know about the source just incase, it's fraudulent source. Make you no find yourself for police for crime not known.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Highman56: 9:33am On Mar 06, 2022
Generalwoodz:
Just say or shout "back to sender" for like 3 times...if the money didn't disappear, withdraw and start praying over it to disappear...if the situation still remain the same just go and spend some on food stuff...
Criminal
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by konkonbilo(m): 9:33am On Mar 06, 2022
Bestiee01:
Sometimes I believe God may just want to make u enjoy urself a little.its not a crime
smh. Typical naija mentality. How God take enter this one na, so if this happened to you you go say na God put the money there knowing well it might be a mistake from someone.

2 Likes

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by gunpoint(m): 9:34am On Mar 06, 2022
Bestiee01:
Sometimes I believe God may just want to make u enjoy urself a little.its not a crime
Ole angry
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by oluwasegun007(m): 9:35am On Mar 06, 2022
OlodoGraduate:

I think there's this kind of payment like PayPal etc that bears Union or something.
Kindly enlighten, sir.

Visit your bank and write a signed instruction to have the fund sent bank...

My dear, you don't want to be a part of fund tagged beneficiary of fraudulent proceeds...

Peace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Generalwoodz(m): 9:35am On Mar 06, 2022
grin
Highman56:

Criminal
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Berankis: 9:35am On Mar 06, 2022
EASYGURU:
Something similar happened to me last weeks. I logged into my wema bank mobile banking app so I'll spend money in my alawee account that I've not touched oooo. Lo and behold. I saw another bank account there with 2.2mil naira. Note I used my own Mobil banking details to login ooo only for me to see another person account number on my profile. I had access to empty the whole 2.2m using the same mibile banking pin as i used in logging in ooo or finger print but i ignored. I just called bank straight and for over 5days bank didn't do anything. I had to call them again warning them that i have no interest in the money as i don't know how it became attached to my profile and i also do nor have any interest in the funds there. I told them this is the sixth time I'm contacting you concerning this. I won't be part of whatever fraud you guys are planning. I also instructed them to record the call conversation as it would be used as evidence against them should incase of any fraudulent activity i warned. After about 24 hours later they restored my account. See screenshot attached below

Screenshot bears my real account account name (Red Arrow), (Green Arrow) account number. If you check the account number with another mobile banking app you'll see it's a different name.
This world is really a mistery! If we have all these people who return money that is not theirs (at least in the last 1week, we have seen several cases), so who are the criminals in this Nigeria still steal money? I don't want to talk about other criminalities.
Who are the criminals in this country? Can we just gather them and throw them into the Ocean so we can have the Nigeria of our dreams!!
God bless Nigeria and Nigerians!!!

4 Likes

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by LollySeaSide: 9:36am On Mar 06, 2022
Run to your bank ASAP and report to avoid stories that touch the heart.
It may someone who knows you that has supplied your account details for a shady deal.
They'll soon contact you with some funny stories and ask you to transfer the money to them.
When the gbege go set, it'll be you that'll be in deep shiiittt.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:36am On Mar 06, 2022
DarkJeddi:
This one na trap them done set for you o..

Just chop am and your 2022 done enter..

Na to dey drag you like Tiger generator.. grin

Hahahahaa you don talk am finish.

I sha pity op. Imagine being dragged upandan ontop mere 120k.

Op just wait after one week if the money is not deducted from your account, or restriction placed on your account, kindly get in touch with your bank.

pls do not accept any call telling you to transfer the money to another account oooo. It's a trap, it means dem don use your account clean their dirty funds.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by RedEnergy: 9:36am On Mar 06, 2022
How come nobody makes this kind of mistake with my own bank account? Why, who did I offend? Someone should please mistakenly transfer 100 billion to my account, I want to check if i'm still a good person grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Govocrete: 9:36am On Mar 06, 2022
OlodoGraduate:

Kindly enlighten, sir.

You need not go to union bank, you have no dealing with them.

Just visit your bank and let your bank take the load off your shoulder.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Femi316: 9:36am On Mar 06, 2022
Go to union bank to complain about this transaction
OlodoGraduate:
Hello, bosses.
It says union transfer.
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by jericco1(m): 9:38am On Mar 06, 2022
Na 120k you dey call huge
Nawa o

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Greatdand007(m): 9:39am On Mar 06, 2022
OlodoGraduate:
Hello, bosses.
It says union transfer.

Same happen to me on the first of this year i was credit with 500,000 Maura I waited 3 days and no response I had to withdraw and spend it and till now nobody has contact me about missing money

2 Likes

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by virginchaser(m): 9:39am On Mar 06, 2022
Incident it at the nearest police station.

1 Like

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Hogim(m): 9:39am On Mar 06, 2022
EASYGURU:
Something similar happened to me last weeks. I logged into my wema bank mobile banking app so I'll spend money in my alawee account that I've not touched oooo. Lo and behold. I saw another bank account there with 2.2mil naira. Note I used my own Mobil banking details to login ooo only for me to see another person account number on my profile. I had access to empty the whole 2.2m using the same mibile banking pin as i used in logging in ooo or finger print but i ignored. I just called bank straight and for over 5days bank didn't do anything. I had to call them again warning them that i have no interest in the money as i don't know how it became attached to my profile and i also do nor have any interest in the funds there. I told them this is the sixth time I'm contacting you concerning this. I won't be part of whatever fraud you guys are planning. I also instructed them to record the call conversation as it would be used as evidence against them should incase of any fraudulent activity i warned. After about 24 hours later they restored my account. See screenshot attached below

Screenshot bears my real account account name (Red Arrow), (Green Arrow) account number. If you check the account number with another mobile banking app you'll see it's a different name.

Big Temptation
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Seaseason07: 9:41am On Mar 06, 2022
OlodoGraduate:
Hello, bosses.
It says union transfer.
Go to your bank, write a report and ask them to transfer it back to the bank number where it was from. Trust me someone did it and he will later call you to send it to another account which is a POS account and once you do that, you're in trouble because the money was stole from those careless ladies who give out their account details for free money from those scammers. They won't arrest the POS, they will arrest you. Do that tomorrow morning. No free or mistake money anywhere. Better a free man with nothing in his account than one facing wahala.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by fineboynl(m): 9:42am On Mar 06, 2022
You might be tempted to play 2 odds. And before returning the money.
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Ezepresido: 9:42am On Mar 06, 2022
Good day all, I have handsome reward for anyone that can provide us with the office address of Sokoloan. Its online loan platform. We have a pending case against them. But we need their office address or the address of anyone that works in the firm.

Thanks [color=#990000][/color][b][/b]
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Highman56: 9:43am On Mar 06, 2022
RedEnergy:
How come nobody makes this kind of mistake with my own bank account? Why, who did I offend? Someone should please mistakenly transfer 100 billion to my account, I want to check if i'm still a good person grin
Make I help you without waiting for long.YOU ARE NOT A GUD PERSON tongue
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by jyz200(m): 9:43am On Mar 06, 2022
OlodoGraduate:
Hello, bosses.
It says union transfer.
Na wetin be huge sum be this
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Brian47(m): 9:43am On Mar 06, 2022
You're a correct person.
Pls find how to return the person's money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by akpunda86: 9:44am On Mar 06, 2022
OlodoGraduate:
Hello, bosses.
It says union transfer.

Lucky u,I was owing access bank 250k and was long overdue,I was on my own when someone I don't know transferred 400k to my acct and access bank took all dr money,I went to my bank cos this Na double gbese,they said transfer was from so so person,requested 4 fone number anoda protocol,I then told my bank to contact the person so he can call me and explained all that happened,3 years now nobody called me.

Angels really exist

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by AgentGoat: 9:44am On Mar 06, 2022
OlodoGraduate:
Hello, bosses.
It says union transfer.

Report it at your bank branch
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Mayor1732: 9:44am On Mar 06, 2022
OlodoGraduate:
Hello, bosses.
It says union transfer.

Bring 15k make I spend first
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Kingscott: 9:46am On Mar 06, 2022
Nor be to talk for social media...u fit return the money real real.. that's the question

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by omenkaLives(m): 9:46am On Mar 06, 2022
I feel fraudsters now randomly pick account numbers, have their magas transfer monies to these accounts, and eventually contact the account holders telling them someone erroneously sent monies meant for them into their account.

You then withdraw the money, give to them, while they keep a clean sheet. If e cast, na you dem go kpake go jete.

Just a hunch.

So in one's best interest, once they recieve credits they weren't expecting, contact the bank and notify them of the transaction. That way you keep your innocence.

8 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man / Domain Name Business / Electric Cable At First Bank ATM Mile 12, Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.