Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,129 members, 7,818,385 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Help! I Mistakenly Took Antiretroviral Drugs For HIV - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! I Mistakenly Took Antiretroviral Drugs For HIV (1250 Views)

How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother / COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing / Lady Designs Condom Made Cloth For Hiv Awareness (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! I Mistakenly Took Antiretroviral Drugs For HIV by Give400: 4:04pm On Mar 07, 2022
Doctors and pharmacists in the house I mistakenly took antiretroviral drugs meant for HIV patients today. It's just one dose before I could realize the almost grave mistake the intern at the pharmacist I bought the drugs from made.

This is how it happened. I got diagnosed with hepatitis B recently and the physician from whose laboratory I ran the test recommended livolin Forte for me.

So rushed this morning to the pharmacy but unfortunately when I got there I couldn't find the leaf the name of the drugs was written in. It was in my back pocket when I left the lab this morning. I forgot the name of the drug entirely so this intern at the pharmacy came up and I told him I need a drug for hepatitis B the name is livodine. I just did my best, and I believe if he knew about drugs he would have corrected me. But I guess he wanted to prove himself I don't know sha so he said is it lamivudine? I asked if it treats hepatitis B he affirmed.

He went in got the drugs and I paid 3k. Went home and took one asap. Then something told me to read the leaflet. Lo and behold I was seeing things like HIV treatment for pregnant women etc, and all that HIV related terms. I didn't freak out yet cos I thought maybe the drugs could treat hepatitis B as well. So I went on google and read about it but wasn't convinced enough from the articles I saw then I called the pharmacy through the number on their nylon.

The lady told me to bring back the drugs that she'd change it if I haven't taken it. I had to lie that I haven't taken it cos I sealed it back carefully. Now I have changed the drugs but the one in my system has been making me feel someone since the time I took it. I don't know if it poses any threat to my body system. I tried Google but not getting satisfactory answers as some articles are even making me more scared. Please doctors in the house I hope I'm safe? Cos right now I'm not feeling too good tbh

1 Like

Re: Help! I Mistakenly Took Antiretroviral Drugs For HIV by thorpido(m): 4:10pm On Mar 07, 2022
Don't worry yourself.You might experience some side effects but it's not grievous.
Some people are on those drugs routinely.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Mistakenly Took Antiretroviral Drugs For HIV by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 07, 2022
. grin your body is building up White blood cells for nothing's sake... talk about Jose Mourinho parking the bus
. .. hope you have written your will ?
Re: Help! I Mistakenly Took Antiretroviral Drugs For HIV by Kooldon(f): 4:48pm On Mar 07, 2022
But you lied to the Pharmacist, that you have not taken any? They would have still change it from after confirmation from their Oga and still give you antidote for the one you took. Nigeria cant grow with this kind of lies grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Help! I Mistakenly Took Antiretroviral Drugs For HIV by Snitch24(m): 5:37pm On Mar 07, 2022
Legitexchanger:

. grin your body is building up White blood cells for nothing's sake... talk about Jose Mourinho parking the bus
. .. hope you have written your will ?
Lmao
Re: Help! I Mistakenly Took Antiretroviral Drugs For HIV by iTearHerToto: 5:52pm On Mar 07, 2022
Kooldon:
But you lied to the Pharmacist, that you have not taken any? They would have still change it from after confirmation from their Oga and still give you antidote for the one you took. Nigeria cant grow with this kind of lies grin grin grin
That you in a phat ass? undecided
Re: Help! I Mistakenly Took Antiretroviral Drugs For HIV by Period007(m): 9:49pm On Mar 07, 2022
Give400:
Doctors and pharmacists in the house I mistakenly took antiretroviral drugs meant for HIV patients today. It's just one dose before I could realize the almost grave mistake the intern at the pharmacist I bought the drugs from made.

This is how it happened. I got diagnosed with hepatitis B recently and the physician from whose laboratory I ran the test recommended livolin Forte for me.

So rushed this morning to the pharmacy but unfortunately when I got there I couldn't find the leaf the name of the drugs was written in. It was in my back pocket when I left the lab this morning. I forgot the name of the drug entirely so this intern at the pharmacy came up and I told him I need a drug for hepatitis B the name is livodine. I just did my best, and I believe if he knew about drugs he would have corrected me. But I guess he wanted to prove himself I don't know sha so he said is it lamivudine? I asked if it treats hepatitis B he affirmed.

He went in got the drugs and I paid 3k. Went home and took one asap. Then something told me to read the leaflet. Lo and behold I was seeing things like HIV treatment for pregnant women etc, and all that HIV related terms. I didn't freak out yet cos I thought maybe the drugs could treat hepatitis B as well. So I went on google and read about it but wasn't convinced enough from the articles I saw then I called the pharmacy through the number on their nylon.

The lady told me to bring back the drugs that she'd change it if I haven't taken it. I had to lie that I haven't taken it cos I sealed it back carefully. Now I have changed the drugs but the one in my system has been making me feel someone since the time I took it. I don't know if it poses any threat to my body system. I tried Google but not getting satisfactory answers as some articles are even making me more scared. Please doctors in the house I hope I'm safe? Cos right now I'm not feeling too good tbh
Well,if u have active hepatitis b virus, u will need that lamivudine + tenofovir.
Livoline(forte) is a nutritional supplement in the management of hepatitis and other diseases that affects the liver.
So if u have the virus, u better go back to the Physician to prescribe anti viral agents for you.

Pharmacist.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Mistakenly Took Antiretroviral Drugs For HIV by bodenbenedict: 9:56pm On Mar 07, 2022
hy
Re: Help! I Mistakenly Took Antiretroviral Drugs For HIV by nahirhassiel: 9:58pm On Mar 07, 2022
p[o=-
Re: Help! I Mistakenly Took Antiretroviral Drugs For HIV by Akposkiz: 8:26am On Sep 23, 2023
Don't stress yourself you might experience some side effect!
Re: Help! I Mistakenly Took Antiretroviral Drugs For HIV by AmancalledGod: 8:11pm On Sep 24, 2023
Nothing it won't do anything to you, just a mild side effect, i normally take PEP if I'm exposed to the virus, more especially if i have a broken condom
Re: Help! I Mistakenly Took Antiretroviral Drugs For HIV by Gee64: 9:17pm On Sep 24, 2023
Hey! U don get aid oh. Lucky you!
Re: Help! I Mistakenly Took Antiretroviral Drugs For HIV by Lordofalmajiri(f): 5:54am On Sep 25, 2023
AmancalledGod:
Nothing it won't do anything to you, just a mild side effect, i normally take PEP if I'm exposed to the virus, more especially if i have a broken condom
How do I get pep?
Re: Help! I Mistakenly Took Antiretroviral Drugs For HIV by LyfeJennings(m): 5:12pm On Sep 25, 2023
Nothing will happen to U
HIV medications was used to treat COVID19 patients also
dont worry oga, U fine
Re: Help! I Mistakenly Took Antiretroviral Drugs For HIV by AmancalledGod: 6:41am On Sep 26, 2023
Lordofalmajiri:

How do I get pep?
go to any government hospital, like FMC or any general hospital

1 Like

Re: Help! I Mistakenly Took Antiretroviral Drugs For HIV by Lordofalmajiri(f): 7:56am On Sep 26, 2023
AmancalledGod:
go to any government hospital, like FMC or any general hospital
Thank you

(1) (Reply)

The Brain Eating Naegleria Fowleri Claims Second Victim / Hope For AIDS Cure / REVEALED: Shocking Symptoms That Could Mean You Are HIV Positive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.