Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,300 members, 7,829,700 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Movie Review: “the Batman” Will Be Revered As One Of The Best Superhero Movies E - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Movie Review: “the Batman” Will Be Revered As One Of The Best Superhero Movies E (484 Views)

Top 20 Best Superhero Movie Villains / Unexpected Superhero Movies Coming 2021. I’m So Excited About This List. Check T / The Batman Vs. Dracula Full Movie Download In AVI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Movie Review: “the Batman” Will Be Revered As One Of The Best Superhero Movies E by LetDemKnow(m): 11:46pm On Mar 07, 2022

Directed and co-written by American director, screenwriter, and producer Matt Reeves and based on DC Comics original character, “The Batman” is an excellent reminder of why we love the cinemas in the first place; it’s the kind of movie that leaves you stuck on your theatre seat wishing the credit scenes never begin.

The film features an ensemble cast including Robert Pattinson in its titular role, Zoe Kravitz, Jefferey Wright, Paul Dano, Colin Ferrel, Andy Serkis, John Turturro, and more.

Unlike most superhero movies, “The Batman” is more of a mystery- a crime-thriller driven by a powerful plot that doesn’t yaw at any point.

Reeves keeps to his promise of a dark-tone Batman movie, focussing majorly on the character arc of the eponym.

Gotham’s founding fathers are called to answer for their sins by the enigmatic Riddler (played by Paul Dano), whose quest for vengeance is rather apolitical, but aimed at the corrupt politicians masquerading as the city’s leadership and mantle of justice.

Whereas, Bruce Wayne, Arkham’s prince charming by day and vigilante under the moonlight doubts his father’s legacy and his own life course in relation to saving Gotham, but eventually finds his feet when he is confronted with the truth.

Batman’s detective skills had never been brought to the fore like this in the past. Although he encounters several other characters like Penguin, Catwoman, and Falcone, the nidus remained on him, with intelligently woven brain-puzzling, fast-paced dialogues, that keep viewers attentive at every point.

Huge praise must also go to Peter Craig, who in collaboration with Reeves is responsible for the screenplay. Not a single dialogue felt cliched or seemed like a filler.

Reeves’ camera angles are also superb and the decision to turn to Michael Giacchino for the movie’s thrumming score was brilliant.

“The Batman” has the best superhero movie score in decades and it is Giacchino’s work that is heard for the the best part of the movie’s 2hrs 50 mins runtime.

Although the film has the second best US first week debut of the post-pandemic era, it will be hard or is almost impossible for it to reach the heights of Marvel’s “Spider-Man: No Way Home.”

That will probably be down to Warner Bros. marketing and Reeves’ choice to base the movie on themes of horror and mystery. However, with plans for sequels already in consideration, expect “The Batman” to have a cult following among superhero movie fans, who will rate it as one of the best superhero movies ever, if not the outright best.

Final Verdict: 4/5
⭐⭐⭐⭐

SOURCE - https://mediarants.com/movie-review-the-batman-will-be-revered-as-one-of-the-best-superhero-movies-ever/
Re: Movie Review: “the Batman” Will Be Revered As One Of The Best Superhero Movies E by ayindejimmy(m): 1:05am On Mar 08, 2022
When will it be available 4 download?
Re: Movie Review: “the Batman” Will Be Revered As One Of The Best Superhero Movies E by Stevenson1(m): 1:36am On Mar 08, 2022
LetDemKnow:

Directed and co-written by American director, screenwriter, and producer Matt Reeves and based on DC Comics original character, “The Batman” is an excellent reminder of why we love the cinemas in the first place; it’s the kind of movie that leaves you stuck on your theatre seat wishing the credit scenes never begin.

The film features an ensemble cast including Robert Pattinson in its titular role, Zoe Kravitz, Jefferey Wright, Paul Dano, Colin Ferrel, Andy Serkis, John Turturro, and more.

Unlike most superhero movies, “The Batman” is more of a mystery- a crime-thriller driven by a powerful plot that doesn’t yaw at any point.

Reeves keeps to his promise of a dark-tone Batman movie, focussing majorly on the character arc of the eponym.

Gotham’s founding fathers are called to answer for their sins by the enigmatic Riddler (played by Paul Dano), whose quest for vengeance is rather apolitical, but aimed at the corrupt politicians masquerading as the city’s leadership and mantle of justice.

Whereas, Bruce Wayne, Arkham’s prince charming by day and vigilante under the moonlight doubts his father’s legacy and his own life course in relation to saving Gotham, but eventually finds his feet when he is confronted with the truth.

Batman’s detective skills had never been brought to the fore like this in the past. Although he encounters several other characters like Penguin, Catwoman, and Falcone, the nidus remained on him, with intelligently woven brain-puzzling, fast-paced dialogues, that keep viewers attentive at every point.

Huge praise must also go to Peter Craig, who in collaboration with Reeves is responsible for the screenplay. Not a single dialogue felt cliched or seemed like a filler.

Reeves’ camera angles are also superb and the decision to turn to Michael Giacchino for the movie’s thrumming score was brilliant.

“The Batman” has the best superhero movie score in decades and it is Giacchino’s work that is heard for the the best part of the movie’s 2hrs 50 mins runtime.

Although the film has the second best US first week debut of the post-pandemic era, it will be hard or is almost impossible for it to reach the heights of Marvel’s “Spider-Man: No Way Home.”

That will probably be down to Warner Bros. marketing and Reeves’ choice to base the movie on themes of horror and mystery. However, with plans for sequels already in consideration, expect “The Batman” to have a cult following among superhero movie fans, who will rate it as one of the best superhero movies ever, if not the outright best.

Final Verdict: 4/5
⭐⭐⭐⭐

SOURCE - https://mediarants.com/movie-review-the-batman-will-be-revered-as-one-of-the-best-superhero-movies-ever/

That guy don spoil me finish. I no longer go to cinema's anymore.
The best part is that his movies comes with his own subtitles.
Omo, if I see him anywhere, I go buy better meal for am as souvenirs for his updates and movie upload for movie maniac like me.
Re: Movie Review: “the Batman” Will Be Revered As One Of The Best Superhero Movies E by BankyGee(m): 9:03am On Mar 08, 2022
Stevenson1:

That guy don spoil me finish. I no longer go to cinema's anymore.
The best part is that his movies comes with his own subtitles.
Omo, if I see him anywhere, I go buy better meal for am as souvenirs for his updates and movie upload for movie maniac like me.
The Netnaija guy?

(1) (Reply)

Top Funniest Comedy �� Videos#5#ft Mr Funny,ogb Recent,lord Lamba,brainjotter / Ijoba Zazu : Watch Out For New Yoruba Movie. / Recommend Your Best Foreign Movie To Me Am Bored

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.