Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Scotland's World Cup Play-off Against Ukraine Postponed - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Scotland's World Cup Play-off Against Ukraine Postponed (3558 Views)

Burnley-Tottenham Hotspur Match Postponed Due To Heavy Snow At Turf Moor / Steven Gerrard’s Rangers Are Champions Of Scotland / Euro 2020 Postponed Until Next Summer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scotland's World Cup Play-off Against Ukraine Postponed by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 08, 2022
Scotland's World Cup play-off semi-final against Ukraine has been postponed.

The nations were set to meet at Hampden on 24 March but Ukraine requested that Fifa moves the tie back following Russia's invasion of the country.

As a result, the play-off final for the winners - against either Wales or Austria - will now also be delayed.

Discussions are under way for a new date, with the Nations League window in June the most likely option.

The World Cup finals take place from 21 November to 18 December.

What now for Scotland v Ukraine after delay confirmed?
A large contingent of recent squads selected by Ukraine have contained players from their homeland, with 15 out of the 23-man pool for November's World Cup qualifiers playing in their home leagues.

The sides are set to face each other in June on Nations League duty, with each side already scheduled to play four games during that break.

Speaking last week, Scottish FA president Rod Petrie offered his Ukrainian counterpart support as the nations held talks with Fifa over moving this month's tie.

"Football is inconsequential amid conflict," said Petrie.

"But we have conveyed the strong sense of solidarity communicated to us by Scotland fans and citizens in recent days.

"[The SFA] have offered to support our Ukrainian colleagues' preparations as best we can in these unimaginably difficult circumstances."

Re: Scotland's World Cup Play-off Against Ukraine Postponed by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 08, 2022
Ok
Re: Scotland's World Cup Play-off Against Ukraine Postponed by Nobody: 10:25am On Mar 08, 2022
This is stupidity * this doesn't concern fifa. * football is an entity on its own so as Politics

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scotland's World Cup Play-off Against Ukraine Postponed by Fr33born(m): 3:55pm On Mar 08, 2022
I see
Re: Scotland's World Cup Play-off Against Ukraine Postponed by Antoeni(m): 3:55pm On Mar 08, 2022
This One Mad Ooo
Re: Scotland's World Cup Play-off Against Ukraine Postponed by OLLYBEE24: 3:55pm On Mar 08, 2022
KK
Re: Scotland's World Cup Play-off Against Ukraine Postponed by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 08, 2022
Not again.

Re: Scotland's World Cup Play-off Against Ukraine Postponed by Vicotex(m): 3:55pm On Mar 08, 2022
Fifa for dash them free 3 points as support for the war.
Nonsense people

4 Likes

Re: Scotland's World Cup Play-off Against Ukraine Postponed by Benjaniblinks(m): 3:56pm On Mar 08, 2022
cry
Re: Scotland's World Cup Play-off Against Ukraine Postponed by orohbiro(f): 3:56pm On Mar 08, 2022
Scotland looking likely to qualify for the world cup on a platter of Gold

1 Like

Re: Scotland's World Cup Play-off Against Ukraine Postponed by Godada(m): 3:57pm On Mar 08, 2022
Re: Scotland's World Cup Play-off Against Ukraine Postponed by DuBLINGreenb(m): 3:57pm On Mar 08, 2022
I wish Scotland victory

Ukrainians are racists, I was supporting them before but since 2 days now I have withdrawn my support.

I wish I could share links of all the videos I've been watching but if I try am now Seun osewa and justwise them, go knack me ban. Videos made by British BBC, american CNN, german DW, french France 24, Qatari Al-Jazeera, and many more it's not as if these videos were by Russia's RT or Sputnik.

Also, these are documentaries that were made 2 years ago, 6 years ago and 9 years ago.
One of them even emphasized on the racism in the town of Lviv and even their football how teams refused to lodge in the city due to racist attacks on non White players even many fans didn't stay in the city because of this.

But na whoever CNN and BBC tell Nigerians to support Nigerians go support.

9 Likes

Re: Scotland's World Cup Play-off Against Ukraine Postponed by NaughtyBrainiac: 3:57pm On Mar 08, 2022
IamBabsjnr:
This is stupidity
this doesn't concern fifa.
football is an entity on its own so as Politics
Do you even understand what we are talking about? There is war in Ukraine, lives and property are lost daily, people are trying everything possible to survive.

We are talking survival you are talking football.
Is it not someone that's alive that will play football?

You are there talking politics.
Re: Scotland's World Cup Play-off Against Ukraine Postponed by Smartgeek(m): 3:57pm On Mar 08, 2022
Before...u expect people fighting war to play football?
Re: Scotland's World Cup Play-off Against Ukraine Postponed by AntiChristian: 3:59pm On Mar 08, 2022
Why postpone it?

Just give Ukraine a walk over!
Re: Scotland's World Cup Play-off Against Ukraine Postponed by orohbiro(f): 3:59pm On Mar 08, 2022
DuBLINGreenb:
I wish Scotland victory

Ukrainians are racists, I was supporting them before but since 2 days now I have withdrawn my support
Na ur support wan carry Russia go world cup weda u support u no support Ukraine go beat craze commit their head
Re: Scotland's World Cup Play-off Against Ukraine Postponed by tiswell(m): 3:59pm On Mar 08, 2022
Russia and Ukraine should be excluded from the fifa world cup fixtures

1 Like

Re: Scotland's World Cup Play-off Against Ukraine Postponed by Truvelisback(m): 3:59pm On Mar 08, 2022
IamBabsjnr:
This is stupidity
Will u be comfortable playing football while ur house is on fire?

Re: Scotland's World Cup Play-off Against Ukraine Postponed by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 08, 2022
DuBLINGreenb:
I wish Scotland victory

Ukrainians are racists, I was supporting them before but since 2 days now I have withdrawn my support

So also is Russia. Russia has a big issue with racisim, and not just against black people.

Infact many Eastern European countries plus the east of Germany have racisim issues and problems.
Re: Scotland's World Cup Play-off Against Ukraine Postponed by Jimbah(m): 4:00pm On Mar 08, 2022
IamBabsjnr:
This is stupidity

What are you saying?
Re: Scotland's World Cup Play-off Against Ukraine Postponed by wink2015(m): 4:01pm On Mar 08, 2022
USA AND BRITAIN SHOULD DO THE NEEDFUL TO DE-ESCALATE THE TENSION CREATED IN THE WAKE OF THE RUSSIA INVASION OF UKRAINE.

This is to creating an easier resolution of the critical issue that is at the centre of the conflicts.

Provoking Russia will only escalate the crisis.

Sports competition can no longer hold as scheduled because of the conflict that is still on going with Russia still striking target.
Re: Scotland's World Cup Play-off Against Ukraine Postponed by DuBLINGreenb(m): 4:18pm On Mar 08, 2022
backbencher:

So also is Russia. Russia has a big issue with racisim, and not just against black people.

Infact many Eastern European countries plus the east of Germany have racisim issues and problems.

I wish they nu-ke themselves
Re: Scotland's World Cup Play-off Against Ukraine Postponed by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 08, 2022
DuBLINGreenb:

I wish they nu-ke themselves

We would all suffer the consequences.

Today's nukes are stronger than 1945 nukes, fallout inclusive
Re: Scotland's World Cup Play-off Against Ukraine Postponed by pmc01(m): 4:40pm On Mar 08, 2022
Vicotex:
Fifa for dash them free 3 points as support for the war.
Nonsense people
No mind them. Very disgusting moves
Re: Scotland's World Cup Play-off Against Ukraine Postponed by pargelenis(m): 4:52pm On Mar 08, 2022
IamBabsjnr:
This is stupidity
No it is not … sports too cannot pretend that the atrocious invasion of Ukraine by Putin is not happening.
Russia should go and do its own World Cup with China, North Korea and Venezuela. If they need one more team, there are enough Putin puppets in NL that can form a Super Chickens team to represent Naija. grin

1 Like

Re: Scotland's World Cup Play-off Against Ukraine Postponed by pargelenis(m): 4:55pm On Mar 08, 2022
DuBLINGreenb:
I wish Scotland victory

Ukrainians are racists, I was supporting them before but since 2 days now I have withdrawn my support.

I wish I could share links of all the videos I've been watching but if I try am now Seun osewa and justwise them, go knack me ban. Videos made by British BBC, american CNN, german DW, french France 24, Qatari Al-Jazeera, and many more it's not as if these videos were by Russia's RT or Sputnik.

Also, these are documentaries that were made 2 years ago, 6 years ago and 9 years ago.
One of them even emphasized on the racism in the town of Lviv and even their football how teams refused to lodge in the city due to racist attacks on non White players even many fans didn't stay in the city because of this.

But na whoever CNN and BBC tell Nigerians to support Nigerians go support.
You think the Russians are any different? That whole Eastern Block get plenty racists oh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mourinho Sues Kenyan Witchdoctor / UCL: Manchester United Vs CFR Cluj-napoca (0 -1) On 5th December 2012 / Man U Wins Treble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.