Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,301 members, 7,819,020 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later (37890 Views)

The Yam Porridge I Made With Just 2400. Very Delicious. Photos / Be Honest, Can You Eat This Yam With 5 Toes? (Photo) / Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Favour315(f): 9:44am On Mar 09, 2022
Hello people, I understand some of us don't get to eat yam more often probably because the recipe they know is no longer appetizing or they have lost interest entirely. But wait, don't give up on our dear yam yet cos I bring to you a recipe that will give you not only a delicious meal but also a highly nutritious one. So come with me let me show you how to prepare and enjoy yam porridge!

INGREDIENTS
- 6 slices of medium sized yam
- 8 medium sized tomatoes
- half cup of crayfish
- half cup of palm oil
- ugu leaves
- 3 cooking cubes
- one medium sized onion
- pepper and salt to taste

PROCEDURE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4fbCwEUqak

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Favour315(f): 9:48am On Mar 09, 2022
DELICIOUS AND NUTRITIOUS YAM PORRIDGE

6 Likes

Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Favour315(f): 9:48am On Mar 09, 2022
Yummy!!

4 Likes

Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Favour315(f): 11:53pm On Mar 09, 2022
Delicious and nutritious!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Favour315(f): 9:47am On Mar 10, 2022
Yeah try it

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Lordofalmajiri(f): 1:17pm On Mar 10, 2022
cool cool 3 cubes of maggi?? Na wa o
Madam you no Sabi cook!! undecided

132 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Elvixbeatz(m): 1:17pm On Mar 10, 2022
grin grin grin ok.. madam nice. One abeg how I go take know say dis thing way u cook now no be potty like d ones I normally cook grin grin grin grin..

Will get back to you mk I go try am if I close from work today.,.

Bt op u for just still add small goat meat na..

7 Likes

Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Legalcriminal: 1:17pm On Mar 10, 2022
I think 3 size of tomato is okay with better pepper I can’t be eating food and can’t feel that hotty pepper.

But this your porridge looks more like Akpu and one soup wey I no sabi the name

22 Likes

Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by WarriAproko: 1:17pm On Mar 10, 2022
U come photoshoot the food as if e sweet. Tuaaah tongue cool cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by pitroski(m): 1:17pm On Mar 10, 2022
It make sense sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by VillageHead: 1:18pm On Mar 10, 2022
It really look delicious!

Hope it won't tempt someone into selling his birthright like Esau?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Adakintroy: 1:19pm On Mar 10, 2022
Lordofalmajiri:

Lol after half cup of crayfish.

40 Likes

Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by RoyalBoutique(m): 1:19pm On Mar 10, 2022
I hate pepper
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by mcdokwe(m): 1:19pm On Mar 10, 2022
Will try out this weekend

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Winningbot: 1:20pm On Mar 10, 2022
Nice. Will try it out tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Wizzy13: 1:20pm On Mar 10, 2022
yummy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by SLOVFO(m): 1:20pm On Mar 10, 2022
No dry fish and other small small animals?

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by koondog: 1:21pm On Mar 10, 2022
I can tell you are a Igbo or easterner by how beautiful it looks and served in white plate as well. When I lived in the SW and go my Yoruba friends house, they will serve food in colored plates, like green, yellow, black, even blue. It shocked me because these things are alien or strange to Igbos and easterners. In fact if you serve food to Igbo people in colored plates, they will not eat it. Something for yorubas to learn. I know you people are bit careless or indifferent with things like that but Igbos take it very very seriously and can cause serious quarrel!

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Offpoint1: 1:22pm On Mar 10, 2022
kl,

1 Like

Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Analyst7: 1:22pm On Mar 10, 2022
na this kind food person no fit reject for dream grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Hilarioustweter: 1:22pm On Mar 10, 2022
This one cook feaces
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by omoadeleye(m): 1:23pm On Mar 10, 2022
Happy purging in advance

5 Likes

Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by CountLaka(m): 1:23pm On Mar 10, 2022
Yeye pipu
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Lamasta(m): 1:23pm On Mar 10, 2022
Concortion grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by IJEYdiamond(f): 1:24pm On Mar 10, 2022
All i see is yam and tomatoes
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by uwuana: 1:25pm On Mar 10, 2022
Lmao, only potatoes and tomatoes
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Oduduwa707: 1:26pm On Mar 10, 2022
embarassed
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by kerry57: 1:26pm On Mar 10, 2022
Nice food. I know it very well. It tastes kool if we'll prepared.

1 Like

Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Mexyz(m): 1:26pm On Mar 10, 2022
Right thread for me to ask my question.

So i prepared stew yesterday, i have seen my mom grind ginger with her tomatoes before preparing her stew when i was still with her, so i decided to try it yesterday but it seems i added too much of it o because i don't even understand the taste of what i cooked.

In a nutshell, i don go overdo am cry

Any remedy to salvage the stew? Can't imagine me throwing the stew away o, not with the amount i 'invested' in it and in this period where everything is so expensive and sapa dealing with people.

4 Likes

Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 10, 2022
Nothing beats the Togolese woman asaro in my primary school days.

So thick with few lumps and very yellowish in color.

You tried Sha.
Don't mind those trying to calculate the Maggie and crayfish you used. It a matter of preference. Do you anytime.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by donforeign: 1:26pm On Mar 10, 2022
Old school.......

1 Like

Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by pocohantas(f): 1:26pm On Mar 10, 2022
Lordofalmajiri:

Lol. Favour315, next time ehn, the quantity of maggi, pepper, salt and oil you used, is your personal business. I say this because Nigerians are very sensitive to them and it varies amongst individuals and tribe. So keep it to yourself.

Happy cooking. wink

And yea, 3 cubes seems much for 6 slices of yam, but then, to each his own.

25 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yummy Crocodile Meat I Bought / Abia Corper Wraps Her Spoon With A Nylon Before Eating With It / Top Ten Amala Joints In Lagos!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.