Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,228 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce (31485 Views)

The Yam Porridge I Made With Just 2400. Very Delicious. Photos / Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato / Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce by vinegurl(f): 8:47am On Oct 11, 2018
Watch the Video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiahKr6PSkE

Yam has a way of satisfying your appetite since it is starchy and heavy at the same time. After eating a late of yam, you can stay for up to 8 or more hours without feeling hungry immediately, yam has so many rich advantages and it is an energy giving food, you can easily bake yam if don’t want to cook or fry them in oil. Yams can be prepared in different forms, some of the easy and simple yam recipes include: yam coated with egg, yam and beans porridge, boiled yam and egg sauce, etc. Yam is a great rich carbohydrate dish which can be served as dessert, finger food, snacks or as street food, if you‘ve never love yam in your life, maybe after following this method, you will start developing love for this rich staple.

I bring to you yam porridge prepared in tomato sauce today. Yam porridge with tomatoes, is another version of making yam porridge without palm oil, the yam is immersed in tomato sauce hence the reddish colour, if you have been looking for alternative to yam recipe without palm oil, here is how to make it.

Ingredients for yam porridge in tomato sauce

• 1 kg of yam tuber
• 4 medium sized dried catfish
• 1 cup chicken stock
• 1 handful leafy vegetable
• 5 large red tomatoes
• 1 medium onion
• 3 red bell peppers
• 2 medium carrots
• 1 green pepper
• 1 teaspoon thyme
• 3 cloves of garlic, optional
• 3 stock cubes
• 1 cup ground crayfish
• ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
• Salt to taste

Steps on how to prepare yam porridge with tomatoes

1. Peel yam and cut into smaller cubes, rinse severally in clean water into a wide pot.
2. Add water or chicken stock to be at the same level and place on a stovetop.
3. Dress all the vegetables (onion, carrots, peppers and green leaves) and combine tomatoes and bell peppers to blend into a smooth
texture.
4. Before the content starts to boil, add crayfish, onion, salt, 2 stock cubes and then the dried fish and stir.
5. While the yam is simmering, bring a pan on heat, add 3 tablespoons of peanut oil
6. Add onion and garlic to and sauté, add the tomato mix, carrot and green peppers, stir the content from time to time as it fries.
7. Season the sauce with 1 stock cube, salt, thyme, a little pepper and stir well
8. Transfer the sauce into the yam on the other pot and mix it properly to incorporate.
9. Add some chopped green vegetables and stir properly, leave the content to cook for few minutes on low heat.
10. Yam porridge in tomato sauce is ready, serve it warm.

And all Nairaland foodies come and see food

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce by vinegurl(f): 8:49am On Oct 11, 2018
More pictures of yam porridge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce by ArchangeLucifer: 8:53am On Oct 11, 2018
No feminist can cook this good.

Nah. This is stress to them.

But if it's to suck preeq now...

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce by Donzion77(m): 10:53am On Oct 11, 2018
Just to cook ordinary yam porridge na I'm be this long ingredients and procedure?
Hungry never wire you.u go know say them dey eat yam with only salt

36 Likes

Re: Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce by Mobileowowa: 10:53am On Oct 11, 2018
Re: Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce by nwakibie3(m): 10:54am On Oct 11, 2018
OP which kind temptation be this naa

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce by Uniquetani1(f): 10:54am On Oct 11, 2018
Stomach ache but nice

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce by AnneMomoh: 10:54am On Oct 11, 2018
MAking me hungry ohhhh

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce by MissGlamorosa(f): 10:55am On Oct 11, 2018
My love for yam sha ��

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 11, 2018
Yummy!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce by GentleMoney: 10:58am On Oct 11, 2018
Re: Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce by HardMirror(m): 10:58am On Oct 11, 2018
This is weird. What is yam porridge in nigeria without palmoil?

But this looks temptingly yummy!! Nice job

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce by femi4: 10:58am On Oct 11, 2018
Who poo poo on that plate?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce by adamooye: 10:59am On Oct 11, 2018
This is the best way to a man’s heart. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce by Offpoint: 10:59am On Oct 11, 2018
Dear Sèun and mod, I'm currently writing this with hunger in my stomach and pain in my heart. I want to draw your attention to this post and the time it makes Front-page. let me bring it to your knowledge that not everyone that woke up in the morning has the "luxury" of food this tempting to eat. Some of us might want to settle for the ones available to us, which is the Nigeria indigenous and popular cassava flake locally and internationally known as *Gari, aka *G4, aka *Gayrion, aka *Lifesaver, aka *CampusLife...
But, each time we loggin into this forum and see something of this nature, it feels like tortures to us, and the pain of staring and not being able to eat is equivalent to that of a sting from a bullet ant, or to that of a pregnant woman in a labour room.
Please Sèun, kindly caution your moderators to censor sure pictures for my sake and that of humanity.

Thanks,
Yours sincerely
Offpoint

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce by MsFaith: 10:59am On Oct 11, 2018
This is a once in a blue moon food, Nigeria is too hard to be eating this seldomly cry

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce by jericco1(m): 10:59am On Oct 11, 2018
I'll try it but
Re: Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce by Josh44s(m): 11:00am On Oct 11, 2018
Not bad. If you can’t cook, clean and keep a house neat and tidy as a guy or girl, then you have no business living with me.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce by Checked86: 11:05am On Oct 11, 2018
Chai. Whenever i make this kind of food, not even hurricane can carry me comot for house

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce by Zane2point4(m): 11:05am On Oct 11, 2018
Wow
But come n eat

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce by Biglittlelois(f): 11:08am On Oct 11, 2018
I dont like yam but i like pounded yam, for those asking, yes i can pound tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce by Divay22(f): 11:10am On Oct 11, 2018
Hmmm cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce by 9japarrot: 11:14am On Oct 11, 2018
We must eat yam today,

yamn't we?

cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 11, 2018
Good O will try it tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce by Lordave: 11:16am On Oct 11, 2018
Zane2point4:
Wow
But come n eat
Ofe mmanu! angry angry

grin
Re: Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce by opeyehmmy(m): 11:17am On Oct 11, 2018
Oh boi

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce by tfelicityk(m): 11:19am On Oct 11, 2018
Good recipes...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce by FriendNG: 11:19am On Oct 11, 2018
There is nothing like yam porridge. It's called yam pottage not porridge. Porridge means oaths.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce by EmekaBlue(m): 11:25am On Oct 11, 2018
I have not eaten this in ages...OMG i miss mother days..Not all these our useless new ladies who cant cook but can drink more than their fathers

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 11, 2018
Make sensed

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 11, 2018
vinegurl:
Watch the Video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiahKr6PSkE

Yam has a way of satisfying your appetite since it is starchy and heavy at the same time. After eating a late of yam, you can stay for up to 8 or more hours without feeling hungry immediately, yam has so many rich advantages and it is an energy giving food, you can easily bake yam if don’t want to cook or fry them in oil. Yams can be prepared in different forms, some of the easy and simple yam recipes include: yam coated with egg, yam and beans porridge, boiled yam and egg sauce, etc. Yam is a great rich carbohydrate dish which can be served as dessert, finger food, snacks or as street food, if you‘ve never love yam in your life, maybe after following this method, you will start developing love for this rich staple.

I bring to you yam porridge prepared in tomato sauce today. Yam porridge with tomatoes, is another version of making yam porridge without palm oil, the yam is immersed in tomato sauce hence the reddish colour, if you have been looking for alternative to yam recipe without palm oil, here is how to make it.

Ingredients for yam porridge in tomato sauce

• 1 kg of yam tuber
• 4 medium sized dried catfish
• 1 cup chicken stock
• 1 handful leafy vegetable
• 5 large red tomatoes
• 1 medium onion
• 3 red bell peppers
• 2 medium carrots
• 1 green pepper
• 1 teaspoon thyme
• 3 cloves of garlic, optional
• 3 stock cubes
• 1 cup ground crayfish
• ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
• Salt to taste

Steps on how to prepare yam porridge with tomatoes

1. Peel yam and cut into smaller cubes, rinse severally in clean water into a wide pot.
2. Add water or chicken stock to be at the same level and place on a stovetop.
3. Dress all the vegetables (onion, carrots, peppers and green leaves) and combine tomatoes and bell peppers to blend into a smooth
texture.
4. Before the content starts to boil, add crayfish, onion, salt, 2 stock cubes and then the dried fish and stir.
5. While the yam is simmering, bring a pan on heat, add 3 tablespoons of peanut oil
6. Add onion and garlic to and sauté, add the tomato mix, carrot and green peppers, stir the content from time to time as it fries.
7. Season the sauce with 1 stock cube, salt, thyme, a little pepper and stir well
8. Transfer the sauce into the yam on the other pot and mix it properly to incorporate.
9. Add some chopped green vegetables and stir properly, leave the content to cook for few minutes on low heat.
10. Yam porridge in tomato sauce is ready, serve it warm.

And all Nairaland foodies come and see food

God I miss Nigeria, the food and every other sweet thing...
Am definitely coming next year, hopefully I can meet my homeboy Lefulefu.
Drop that pic Bro, you know how we do right.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Best Edikaikong Soup Recipe / How To Prepare KFC Fried Chicken (yes You Can Do It All By Yourself) / Can Nigerians Help Return A Beached Whale/Shark Back Into The Water?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.