Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,621 members, 7,823,719 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Oligarch Renounces Russian Citizenship, Saying 'everything Putin Touches Dies' - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Oligarch Renounces Russian Citizenship, Saying 'everything Putin Touches Dies' (1382 Views)

Putin Grants Russian Citizenship To US Whistleblower Edward Snowden / Zelensky Urges Biden Not To Sanction Russian Oligarch, Roman Abramovich / Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Seized In Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oligarch Renounces Russian Citizenship, Saying 'everything Putin Touches Dies' by GodHatesBigots(m): 6:22pm On Mar 09, 2022
TEL AVIV - Russian-Israeli oligarch Leonid Nevzlin announced on Tuesday that he planned to give up his Russian passport in protest of Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

"Everything that Putin touches dies," Nevzlin wrote in a Facebook post. "I am against the war. I am against the occupation. I am against the genocide of the Ukrainian people."

Nevzlin was among the first prominent Russian oligarchs to establish self-imposed exile in Israel, fleeing what he has described as a campaign of politically-motivated persecution by Russian President Vladimir Putin.

In 2003, Nevzlin fled Russia for Israel amid a Kremlin-backed investigation into his Yukos oil company. Nevzlin co-owned Yukos with Mikhail Khodorkovsky, who was imprisoned by a Moscow court on charges of fraud, and, later, of embezzlement and money laundering.

Israel has refused requests for Nevzlin's extradition to face charges in Russia of murder, attempted murder and financial crimes.

Nevzlin has denied all charges and has said they are attempts by Putin to silence him and other critics.

"I was one of the first to be hit by Putin. He threw my friends in jails, and killed some of them," wrote Nevzlin. "I have spent almost twenty years outside Russia, but that is exactly what has allowed me to see its process of rotting and decomposing."

In the years following Russia's annexation of Ukraine's Crimean Peninsula in 2014, a new wave of wealthy Russian citizens, including former Chelsea Premier League soccer team owner and longtime Putin supporter Roman Abramovich, took up Israeli citizenship in part to avoid the resulting U.S. sanctions. Many continue to have business and financial ties in Russia and have been cautious against publicly criticizing the war.

Sanctioned billionaire banker Mikhail Fridman has described the war as a "tragedy" and that war "can never be the answer." But in a news conference with journalists in London, he said he would not directly criticize Putin's invasion of Ukraine so as to avoid reprisals against his employees.

Nevzlin wrote on Tuesday that his compatriots cheered the fall of the Soviet Union in the 1990s.

"Thank goodness some of them didn't make it to this day," he wrote. "The day when the Motherland, whose fresh passports they kissed, became a fascist state."

https://www.thetelegraph.com/news/article/Oligarch-renounces-Russian-citizenship-saying-16988610.php

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oligarch Renounces Russian Citizenship, Saying 'everything Putin Touches Dies' by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 09, 2022
W.T.F
How come they don't agree with him,is that not enough to pass a message to everyone that Putin is alone on this?
I hope he retraces his step,because you can't just go against the will of your people who appointed you.
Putin right now:

1 Like

Re: Oligarch Renounces Russian Citizenship, Saying 'everything Putin Touches Dies' by blamingthedevil: 6:24pm On Mar 09, 2022
grin grin

Putin's Nairaland Cheerleaders and Hallelujah Boys pushing him to oblivion

2 Likes

Re: Oligarch Renounces Russian Citizenship, Saying 'everything Putin Touches Dies' by OBALOLA55(m): 6:27pm On Mar 09, 2022
SOMEONE IS GOING TO TAKE OUT PUTIN BEFORE THE END OF APRIL cool

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST! cool
Re: Oligarch Renounces Russian Citizenship, Saying 'everything Putin Touches Dies' by Wazobia2216: 6:31pm On Mar 09, 2022
GodHatesBigots:

"Everything that Putin touches dies," Nevzlin wrote in a Facebook post. "I am against the war. I am against the occupation. I am against the genocide of the Ukrainian people."
Make this kind comment for Nigeria, na DSS go invite you the next day!

If DSS no invite you, their alias (gun men) go visit your area, targeting you!

Putin and Buhari are not so different!

One (Putin) is himself! He's not hiding behind anyone! Buhari be hiding behind the Nigerian Army, terrorists to wipe out Nigerians!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oligarch Renounces Russian Citizenship, Saying 'everything Putin Touches Dies' by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 09, 2022
blamingthedevil:
grin grin

Haha

Re: Oligarch Renounces Russian Citizenship, Saying 'everything Putin Touches Dies' by qekng40(f): 6:41pm On Mar 09, 2022
But he's not yet dead.
Re: Oligarch Renounces Russian Citizenship, Saying 'everything Putin Touches Dies' by OBALOLA55(m): 6:44pm On Mar 09, 2022
blamingthedevil:
grin grin

SARKINYAKIN DOGGONEDOGG
Re: Oligarch Renounces Russian Citizenship, Saying 'everything Putin Touches Dies' by OBALOLA55(m): 6:47pm On Mar 09, 2022
THIS UKRAINE INVASION UNITES ALL THE RADICAL ISLAMISTS AND ESN TERRORISTS TOGETHER

GOD IS THE GREATEST

1 Like

Re: Oligarch Renounces Russian Citizenship, Saying 'everything Putin Touches Dies' by orisa37: 6:53pm On Mar 09, 2022
GodHatesBigots.

They will Perish.

SELENSKY SHOULD MOVE HIS CABINET TO POLAND AND CONTINUE ISSUING INSTRUCTIONS FROM EXILE.

1 Like

Re: Oligarch Renounces Russian Citizenship, Saying 'everything Putin Touches Dies' by RightToReject(m): 6:59pm On Mar 09, 2022
Although I am against Putin's invasion of Ukraine, his justifiable reasons for doing so notwithstanding, someone like Leonid Nevzlin, however, ought not to be taken seriously by any sane and informed person. Only those who are either outright foolish or ignorant of his person, clique, and company (Yukos oil) and their activities even before Putin's first presidency will side with him.

Yokos oil and its American associate in crime then (Enron Corporation) ruined many individuals and companies globally with their nefarious activities.

1 Like

Re: Oligarch Renounces Russian Citizenship, Saying 'everything Putin Touches Dies' by Oghene1st: 7:00pm On Mar 09, 2022
This man is not a prominent Oligarch but just a Russian billionaire. Prominent oligarchs of the Putin era include Roman Abramovich, Alexander Abramov, Oleg Deripaska, Mikhail Prokhorov, Alisher Usmanov, German Khan, Viktor Vekselberg, Leonid Mikhelson, Vagit Alekperov, Mikhail Fridman, Dmitry Rybolovlev, Vladimir Potanin, Pyotr Aven, and Vitaly Malkin.
Re: Oligarch Renounces Russian Citizenship, Saying 'everything Putin Touches Dies' by PenSniper: 8:58pm On Mar 09, 2022
Comradewhy:
W.T.F
How come they don't agree with him,is that not enough to pass a message to everyone that Putin is alone on this?
I hope he retraces his step,because you can't just go against the will of your people who appointed you.
Putin right now:

Unfortunately, his people did not appoint or elect him. He brooked no opposition.
Re: Oligarch Renounces Russian Citizenship, Saying 'everything Putin Touches Dies' by Jackanda1(m): 10:55pm On Mar 09, 2022
Even ISIS a terrorist organisation supports Putin, this should tell you the kind of person he is.
Re: Oligarch Renounces Russian Citizenship, Saying 'everything Putin Touches Dies' by Kelvin3476: 8:03am On Mar 10, 2022
OBALOLA55:
SOMEONE IS GOING TO TAKE OUT PUTIN BEFORE THE END OF APRIL cool

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST! cool
LIES BRO. I HEARD IT BE4
Re: Oligarch Renounces Russian Citizenship, Saying 'everything Putin Touches Dies' by OBALOLA55(m): 8:07am On Mar 10, 2022
Kelvin3476:
LIES BRO. I HEARD IT BE4
I DID NOT MENTION ESN TOUTS HERE angry
Re: Oligarch Renounces Russian Citizenship, Saying 'everything Putin Touches Dies' by baralatie(m): 8:07am On Mar 10, 2022
That is one way to escape the isolation
Re: Oligarch Renounces Russian Citizenship, Saying 'everything Putin Touches Dies' by Kelvin3476: 8:12am On Mar 10, 2022
OBALOLA55:
DIDN'T U LIE ? U HEARD IT SOMEWHERE ELSE AND U ARE HERE... U ARE FROM OZUZUWA REPUBLIC 4 A REASON
Re: Oligarch Renounces Russian Citizenship, Saying 'everything Putin Touches Dies' by OBALOLA55(m): 8:26am On Mar 10, 2022
Kelvin3476:
DIDN'T U LIE ? U HEARD IT SOMEWHERE ELSE AND U ARE HERE... U ARE FROM OZUZUWA REPUBLIC 4 A REASON
I DONT EXCHANGE WORDS WITH ESN TERRORISTS

FOR YOUR INFO, ABUM NWA AFO AND I SUPPORT UKRAINE
Re: Oligarch Renounces Russian Citizenship, Saying 'everything Putin Touches Dies' by wealthtrak: 9:12am On Mar 10, 2022
RightToReject:
Although I am against Putin's invasion of Ukraine, his justifiable reasons for doing so notwithstanding, someone like Leonid Nevzlin, however, ought not to be taken seriously by any sane and informed person. Only those who are either outright foolish or ignorant of his person, clique, and company (Yukos oil) and their activities even before Putin's first presidency will side with him.

Yokos oil and its American associate in crime then (Enron Corporation) ruined many individuals and companies globally with their nefarious activities.
Well said... Absolutely! All these Russian-Jewish Oligarchs who
have gone ahead to grab Israeli citizenship are very corrupt.

These guys are notorious for
opaque deals worldwide.
Re: Oligarch Renounces Russian Citizenship, Saying 'everything Putin Touches Dies' by Kelvin3476: 9:46am On Mar 10, 2022
OBALOLA55:
I DONT EXCHANGE WORDS WITH ESN TERRORISTS

FOR YOUR INFO, ABUM NWA AFO AND I SUPPORT UKRAINE
I spit on ur ancestors. Why denie ur OZUZUWA REPUBLIC ? SKULLERS MAKE UNA COME SEE AS UR BROTHERS THE DENY THEIR OZUZUWA ANCESTORS
Re: Oligarch Renounces Russian Citizenship, Saying 'everything Putin Touches Dies' by Kelvin3476: 9:47am On Mar 10, 2022
OBALOLA55:
OZUZUWA BOY... BORN AND BREEDED TO LIE
Re: Oligarch Renounces Russian Citizenship, Saying 'everything Putin Touches Dies' by OBALOLA55(m): 11:01am On Mar 10, 2022
Kelvin3476:
I spit on ur ancestors. Why denie ur OZUZUWA REPUBLIC ? SKULLERS MAKE UNA COME SEE AS UR BROTHERS THE DENY THEIR OZUZUWA ANCESTORS
ONWERO IFE IMA
Re: Oligarch Renounces Russian Citizenship, Saying 'everything Putin Touches Dies' by Karemarealty288(m): 11:27am On Mar 10, 2022
Oghene1st:
This man is not a prominent Oligarch but just a Russian billionaire. Prominent oligarchs of the Putin era include Roman Abramovich, Alexander Abramov, Oleg Deripaska, Mikhail Prokhorov, Alisher Usmanov, German Khan, Viktor Vekselberg, Leonid Mikhelson, Vagit Alekperov, Mikhail Fridman, Dmitry Rybolovlev, Vladimir Potanin, Pyotr Aven, and Vitaly Malkin.

It's baffles me how you know more than Foreign GOVERNMENT sanctioning them......i envy your vast knowledge of who is more powerful or not. It will be more painful if you are owing rent in where you live grin
Re: Oligarch Renounces Russian Citizenship, Saying 'everything Putin Touches Dies' by Kelvin3476: 11:28am On Mar 10, 2022
OBALOLA55:
ONWERO IFE IMA
ozuzuwa boy proudly denouncing his ancestors
Re: Oligarch Renounces Russian Citizenship, Saying 'everything Putin Touches Dies' by sapientia(m): 11:51am On Mar 10, 2022
Oghene1st:

Hahahaha

I can sense you don't take weed

You need to start

Putin Oligarch Sec Gen

(1) (Reply)

South Africa Takes Over BRICS Chairmanship / New Pictures Show Second Chinese Stealth Fighter(j-31) Being Test Flown / President Idris Deby Of Chad,should Be Awarded President Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.