Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Voice Of Christ Today - The Heart To Please God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Voice Of Christ Today - The Heart To Please God (106 Views)

How To Do Money Ritual In A Way That Please God / Six Important Ways To Please God / 7 Ways To Please God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Voice Of Christ Today - The Heart To Please God by iwatchandlisten(m): 10:00am On Mar 10, 2022
Good morning All,
Thursday, March 10, 2022
Topic: THE HEART TO PLEASE GOD.
Read: 1 Kings 3:5-15.

"Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad…" (1 Kings 3:9).

When God said to King Solomon in a dream “Ask what I will give you” his answer was based on his appreciation for all that God had done for him. Solomon realised the great responsibility that was given to him to lead God’s people.

He was humbled, and thus asked for understanding in order that he might lead the people with the fear of God and justice. He could have asked for the neck of his enemies as other kings would have asked, but he chose divine wisdom and it pleased God.

King Solomon prayed for a discerning heart so that he could govern the people and determine the difference between right and wrong, good and evil, justice and unfairness. God not only granted this request, but added far more than Solomon asked, making him the wisest and richest King to have ever ruled the nation of Israel. When our thoughts and desires please God and we ask in sincere prayers, He will speedily grant what we ask and even add more.

We cannot deceive God in our prayers because He sees and knows the true state of our hearts. We may deceive men, but God is the One that rewards and brings to pass what we ask for in prayers. You cannot bring forth good works from an evil heart and can certainly not please God with that evil heart. So renew your heart daily with God’s word and be filled with good thoughts so you can bring forth good works also.

Prayer:
Heavenly Father, give me the grace not only to follow but also to please You all the days of my life with my thoughts and actions. This I pray in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

(From the voice of Christ Today, 2022 Edition Daily Inspiration for Personal and Family Devotion, page 69. A Publication of The World International Sacred Peace Movement).

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Gemini Login : Cryptocurrency Platform : Gemini Login / Your Reputation As A Leader Means Everything. / Today Will Always Be Forgotten

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.