Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,790 members, 7,851,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:47 AM

Do You Give Freewill Alms? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Give Freewill Alms? (131 Views)

Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * / When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? / Is There Freewill In Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Give Freewill Alms? by Elistho(m): 8:45pm On Mar 10, 2022
You read the aforementioned topic right? When last did you?

Before the "holier than thou" come for me, please, I beg you, this is a faceless forum, I wouldn't receive accolades nor praises.

Resist the urge to quote me a scripture about alms, I just decided to bring this here to get opinions.

So, today, I asked my dad to give me 100 naira for airtime, he did. Before then, I had only 40 naira at home, making my total funds 140 naira.

I went outside to sweep, my house is an open estate with more than a thousand building... I was sweeping when this young man approached me, with his tone, I knew he wanted something. Obviously, he was way older than I am but he was calling me, sir...

He said, "Sir please, it's not an insult, I'm a laborer, I want just 50 naira to sharpen this my farm tools... Please.."

I told him I don't have just 50 naira, he said even if it is 100 niara, that he'll bring back the remainings... I dismissed him with, "I don't have..." He hanged around still ruminating on what to do, he looked perplexed and bleak..

I called him, I said, " will you take 40 naira? That's what I have." He literally leap for joy.. I entered my room to remove the money, my kid sister followed me outside, meeting the man, she retreated and ran Inside... grin

I gave the man the money and he Left, my kid sister said, "he's a thief oh.. he goes around stealing in this estate... I fear him."

I smiled and kept mum, i.e. mute. I don't talk too much, I just meditated, "God knows why he brought him to me, judge not, even though he steals.. which I don't even have evidence for and haven't seen..

So, It happened in the morning, I'm still fulfilled as I'm typing this, I'm smiling..
The inner Joy of giving my widow's mite.. "love your neighbor," is the golden rule, I kept it and I'm proud of myself..

So, how about yourself, have you been in similar situation?

Laslasticlala
Re: Do You Give Freewill Alms? by Kobojunkie: 10:26pm On Mar 10, 2022
Elistho:
I smiled and kept mum, i.e. mute. I don't talk too much, I just meditated, "God knows why he brought him to me, judge not, even though he steals.. which I don't even have evidence for and haven't seen..

So, It happened in the morning, I'm still fulfilled as I'm typing this, I'm smiling..
The inner Joy of giving my widow's mite.. "love your neighbor," is the golden rule, I kept it and I'm proud of myself..

So, how about yourself, have you been in similar situation?
What has God got to do with the release of endorphins in your brain as you reward yourself for doing a good deed with a pat on the back and an announcement here on nairaland though? undecided

And why must we all engage in this what you call "freewill alms" of yours as opposed to that which we were actually called to doing by God? undecided
Re: Do You Give Freewill Alms? by Elistho(m): 11:05pm On Mar 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
What has God got to do with the release of endorphins in your brain as you reward yourself for doing a good deed with a pat on the back and an announcement here on nairaland though? undecided

And why must we all engage in this what you call "freewill alms" of yours as opposed to that which we were actually called to doing by God? undecided

Hello Sir... Listen to yourself.
Re: Do You Give Freewill Alms? by Kobojunkie: 11:09pm On Mar 10, 2022
Elistho:
Hello Sir... Listen to yourself.
I listen to God instead! undecided
Re: Do You Give Freewill Alms? by Elistho(m): 11:17pm On Mar 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I listen to God instead! undecided
Alright Sir.

(1) (Reply)

Human Limitations In Divine Assignment / Before You Sleep, Meditate And Pray With This / The Marriage Vow - A True Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.