Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,573 members, 7,812,860 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? (5927 Views)

Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. / Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says / Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? by Nobody: 10:54am On Feb 21, 2022
When last did you give alms to the needy in your community?

1. Not to be appreciated or rewarded but moved to do so out of compassion...

2. When you had little but still chose to make the sacrifice...

3. In private... Not for clout...

3 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? by Nobody: 10:56am On Feb 21, 2022
The last time I gave to the poor was mid-january...

I was in the market with my mum...

It was a little boy... I gave him ₦200 which wasn't much, but I hope it had helped...

21 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? by adeoyekay(m): 10:59am On Feb 21, 2022
I gave alm to the needy two weeks ago
Despite the fact I was broke then.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? by care4you: 11:07am On Feb 21, 2022
Datboredberri:

[s]
[/s]
Lalasticlala
Seun
Dominique
Mynd44

You've done with that already.

I mean who asked you how much you gave that little boy?..... cheap attention seekers...

Re: When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? by Nobody: 11:09am On Feb 21, 2022
care4you:

You've done with that already.

I mean who asked you how much you gave that little boy?..... cheap attention seekers...

What's wrong with you?

What's ₦200?... undecided

I had to tell the story so others can share...

This is a faceless forum... What do I get? A round of applause from people I do not know?

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? by care4you: 11:20am On Feb 21, 2022
Datboredberri:
What's wrong with you?

This is a faceless forum... What do I get? A round of applause from people I do not know?

The lyrics again!

This is what they all have in mind when helping people in front of a camera...

Let's stop calling kettle black cus we are all thesame

3 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? by Nobody: 11:25am On Feb 21, 2022
care4you:

The lyrics again!

This is what they all have in mind when helping people in front of a camera...

Let's stop calling kettle black cus we are all thesame

Did I accuse you of anything? undecided

Well, there's no camera...

And ₦200 is nothing...

So many people have given more...

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? by care4you: 11:30am On Feb 21, 2022
Datboredberri:

And ₦200 is nothing...

This the only reason our dear naira is loosing value every day... it's pity

4 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? by adeoyekay(m): 11:43am On Feb 21, 2022
Someone should help me with 1000 you will not lack good thing in Jesus name
2086202150,uba

3 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? by Sayelabola(m): 4:18pm On Feb 22, 2022
Alms giving attracts positive recompense. I don't joke with for a good personal reason also.

But on the contract, some beggars are devil's advocates....after the day's beggings, they gathered the whole money and trade, during dark hours, to some ritualists.

That is: if a beggar made 3,000naira for a day, whenever the evil merchants comes around, all the notes he has collected from people without replacing them, he, the beggar, shall sell them out in exchange for a profit...3,000naira to maybe 5,000naira... depending on their agreement.

The evil merchants, of course, ritualizes these monies.

Please read with an open mind.

8 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? by Lemmy123(m): 9:46am On Feb 27, 2022
Eweeeeeey!

I don't mean to blow my trumpet, I mean I don't even count them as anything, in short I don't call it "alms". Alms sounds like a religious obligation expected of you; I call it KINDNESS

I was at the grocery store one day to get something, and while I was waiting to get my balance, a little schoolgirl who had come with an older sister was pointing at a snack and crying; apparently she loved to have it, but the older sister told her she couldn't buy it because their money was not enough...

"Let her have it," I said
They were both doe eyed
"Sir?" the older one said, not sure if she had heard correctly.
I repeated, and she did as I said and gave her the snack.
Little schoolgirl stopped crying, older sister was smiling, I was smiling too; everyone's happy.
Only the older one said thank you, the little one was probably too overwhelmed with excitement she forgot..

I later found out their snack cost more than what I came to get for myself but I cared less, I did it because I wanted to, and I think everyone should just have that sort of kindness and not speak their life problems into their crumpled money before throwing them at a roadside beggar or something

By the way, I'm available for your writing and design jobs, see my signature below, thanks

14 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? by Adabilaal: 9:46am On Feb 27, 2022
Almost Everyday

Buy BTC ETH BNB any crypto
https://www.nairaland.com/6078236/buy-sell-crypto-best-rate

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? by helinues: 9:47am On Feb 27, 2022

That should be a responsible whenever someone have the opportunity..

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? by onikoyikosoko: 9:48am On Feb 27, 2022
Datboredberri:

Everyday.....but not to any online beggars

2 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? by tolux247(m): 9:48am On Feb 27, 2022
Monthly

I decide to give my tithe to a Widow...

But its little

5 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? by pocohantas(f): 9:48am On Feb 27, 2022
I am a needy and no one has given me recently.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? by DryMouth: 9:48am On Feb 27, 2022
Every monday on my way to work, i always share 1k amongst different beggars

12 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? by ArticleBeast: 9:48am On Feb 27, 2022
Datboredberri:

And ₦200 is nothing...

U can clearly see he aint normal

5 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? by Rosaline5000: 9:49am On Feb 27, 2022
Many times
Re: When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? by lalalista: 9:50am On Feb 27, 2022
Sayelabola:
Alms giving attracts positive recompense. I don't joke with for a good personal reason also.

But on the contract, some beggars are devil's advocates....after the day's beggings, they gathered the whole money and trade, during dark hours, to some ritualists.

That is: if a beggar made 3,000naira for a day, whenever the evil merchants comes around, all the notes he has collected from people without replacing them, he, the beggar, shall sell them out in exchange for a profit...3,000naira to maybe 5,000naira... depending on their agreement.

The evil merchants, of course, ritualizes these monies.

Please read with an open mind.
this is the major reason why I stopped giving alms. One neat good looking guy was begging me for 100 naira at a bustop but I didn't give him. I later heard that they are using it for rituals. One other guy too was begging me for 100naira one day , he so much emphasized on 100 naira, I had no idea about what was going on but 8 just bluntly refused. Thank God I didn't give him because I later heard that 100 naira ritual was reigning

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? by afobalola61: 9:51am On Feb 27, 2022
amazinf
Re: When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? by UmmuA(f): 9:52am On Feb 27, 2022
These days where the monies received are being used for evil. I haven't given alms in a while sha
Re: When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? by Remman(m): 9:53am On Feb 27, 2022
On thursday 27th february

2 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? by Holadokun(m): 9:55am On Feb 27, 2022
Ok
Re: When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? by STARKENNETH(m): 9:56am On Feb 27, 2022

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? by juman(m): 9:57am On Feb 27, 2022
I try to give regularly.
Giving alms is good.

3 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? by AntiMen: 10:01am On Feb 27, 2022
I still did this morning, an hungry Lad knocked @ my gate( a neighbour) , at first he begged for 100 naira,but I didn't have it which made me decline his request, not satisfied with my response, he came back again to beg for rice, so I gave him 2 cups of rice, one cube of Maggi and added a lil blended pepper to it...

6 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? by Chrislova(m): 10:01am On Feb 27, 2022
Last January and its 100 naira tho but its was worth it since i dont hav much

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? by Nobody: 10:02am On Feb 27, 2022
Datboredberri:
What's wrong with you?

Could u, for humanity's sake, give me alms? I am hungry and starving. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Releases 34 Shocking Prophetic Revelations For 2020 / i am leaving the church now.Christianity Is Not A True Religion! / Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.