Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,293 members, 7,842,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? (13665 Views)

Is 130k Job Offer Good For Someone Living At Iju Ishaga / Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. / 15k Salary Job....life After Graduation Is Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by phemmyfour: 4:54pm On Mar 12, 2022
Munikbabe:
Please, is it advisable for someone living on the mainland to take a hotel receptionist job of 40k on the Island??
They have staff quarters too.
Please, help a sister out with your thoughts on this biko
No...Just relocate and look for someone to share a room with on the island
Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by Mooh247: 4:55pm On Mar 12, 2022
cool

Dont think twice.... Take it

In this Nigeria you really really need to build a strong network no matter your background, and hotel would give you that opportunity

If you are nice, you might get tips , depending on the hotel policy most hotels always offer staff food, lastly your work environment is going to be interesting as no boring time in an hotel, remember to give out your WhatsApp number whenever respectable people request for it... With your contact list alone, you can start marketing one or two products online or your skills

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by ictplotter(m): 4:56pm On Mar 12, 2022
Due to my experience in Nigeria hotels, any girl working in Nigeria hotels is a coded prostitute. Once a girl tell me she work or once work in hotel, the first thing that comes to my mind is prostitution. I don't know if its its only me that have this feel ?

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by isan(m): 5:00pm On Mar 12, 2022
Can you give me the Address and number of the Hotel manager
Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by Stankovic22: 5:09pm On Mar 12, 2022
2018 I took a job with ForteSoft (NIIT) and was earning N47,500 after task as an IT instructor.

I stayed on the job became my house was close to work. I would trek (saving N100) about 1.6km from my house to where I will take boat N20. After the boat I'd take bike N100 to my destination. Coming back was the same thing, so for Tfair I was spending N240 daily (but if I chose to take bike from house I will be spending N440).

Feeding was another headache. After 6months pay was increased to 51,500 after tax. Then after 1yr and 6months pay was increased to 59,500 after task then immediately I clocked 2yrs pay was increased to 61,500.

The job was just vexing me because I could see how much we were generating For them but to pay something reasonable was a problem.

I ended up resigning and went into street to hustle like a school dropout is 2020

I was hustling legit under sun and rain and was making an average of 20k daily. Some days I even make 100k some days 60k. There was a day I made 200k.

I couldn't sleep all night, I was just crying and praying.

What I couldn't achieve in the two years I spent with that company, in one year I got everything.

I told this story to encourage you, for now you need the money but just know that you must plan your exit very well. There is so much money doing menial jobs than staying in the office speaking English but earning peanut.

My mom sells fruits in The night (6pm to 10pm) and I can tell you that she makes profits of more than 3k daily from her fruit business.

Intelligent people are so broke because many are certificate and office work conscious, they see those hustling on the streets as less privileged not knowing they those people earn far better than the people they call Oga

13 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by CaptainFM1: 5:15pm On Mar 12, 2022
If you cannot do simple mathematics of your own monthly expenses against what you earned yourself, any advice giving to you is just a total waste of time.
Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by tibatobi: 5:24pm On Mar 12, 2022
A lady for a hotel job....u can run daybreak with customers it will fetch you money so go and Bleep to satisfaction...
Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by Simplythebest: 5:24pm On Mar 12, 2022
Better take it cus hotel job is one of the best job u could do now in Nigeria cus they don't depend on their salary and u are even lucky with the position given to u alot of tips. Free accommodation, free food and pls what else do u need. Pls don't miss this opportunity. All the best
Munikbabe:
Please, is it advisable for someone living on the mainland to take a hotel receptionist job of 40k on the Island??
Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by zedegit: 5:29pm On Mar 12, 2022
Timoleon:
Yes! Work for one month, collect his salary. Blow like 30k in booze, food and olosho. Carry 9k enter betshop use 5k stake ten odds, use the remaining 4K fire virtual. If he lose the 9k finish, he should use the remaining 1k to buy strong rope and sniper. Just before he hangs himself, with his neck in the noose, he should gulp down on the sniper and kick the balance off. Hopefully, if some busy body were to try stop him from killing him self, the sniper will finish the job.

Are you a human being? Such devilish thoughts.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by Timoleon(m): 5:31pm On Mar 12, 2022
Used to be human until the Devi started using me.
zedegit:

Are you a human being? Such devilish thoughts.
Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by Myer(m): 5:37pm On Mar 12, 2022
Munikbabe:

They have staff quarters meaning no transport expenses.
Though 40k is still small as take-home but as long as it puts food on your table and meets your other needs it's a good start.

But for an experienced staff, it's not.
Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by OdenKelechi(m): 5:42pm On Mar 12, 2022
as long as you're not paying rent.
Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by lusid: 5:56pm On Mar 12, 2022
ictplotter:
Due to my experience in Nigeria hotels, any girl working in Nigeria hotels is a coded prostitute. Once a girl tell me she work or once work in hotel, the first thing that comes to my mind is prostitution. I don't know if its its only me that have this feel ?
An hotel receptionist have sucked my big black cöck before while waiting for my girlfriend to arrive
Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by Cristlaw(m): 5:57pm On Mar 12, 2022
inoki247:
lol you don build ur own job abi...

Since dey av staff quarters u can always stay there the whole week nd go home wen u get off....

Cause no job for anywhere even the one wey don dey employed already dere oga dey find way to pursue dem so grab any offer u can gt right now unless u wan start hookup sha dat one sef no pay dem still fit use u du Ritual...

This person bad ooo grin
Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by udomonday: 5:58pm On Mar 12, 2022
CrazyMan:

If you have nothing doing at the moment I'll advice you to take it, reason being that they have staff quarters which means you won't be paying for rent.

Also since it's a hotel, you certainly would be getting free meal tickets meaning you won't be spending money on food.

Finally in hotels you can meet really nice people who can connect you to much better jobs.

So rather than being idle and jobless, you can choose to work and earn a monthly stipend whilst waiting for a much better offer.

Good luck.
and if she knows how to smile and be pleasant she can get a lot of tips from guests.
Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by Munikbabe(f): 6:31pm On Mar 12, 2022
CrazyMan:

If you have nothing doing at the moment I'll advice you to take it, reason being that they have staff quarters which means you won't be paying for rent.

Also since it's a hotel, you certainly would be getting free meal tickets meaning you won't be spending money on food.

Finally in hotels you can meet really nice people who can connect you to much better jobs.

So rather than being idle and jobless, you can choose to work and earn a monthly stipend whilst waiting for a much better offer.

Good luck.
Thank you for this
Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by Munikbabe(f): 6:32pm On Mar 12, 2022
udomonday:
and if she knows how to smile and be pleasant she can get a lot of tips from guests.
Thank you for your comment. I will try and go for it since I have nothing doing.
Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by Munikbabe(f): 6:33pm On Mar 12, 2022
Cristlaw:

This person bad ooo grin
You are one funny guy. Thank you
Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by Munikbabe(f): 6:36pm On Mar 12, 2022
lusid:
An hotel receptionist have sucked my big black cöck before while waiting for my girlfriend to arrive
Jesus�I don't think it's all receptionist. You don't need to generalize , it's like saying, there is no hope again but there is , if only one does not give up.
Anyways, thank you for taking time to comment ����
Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by Munikbabe(f): 6:37pm On Mar 12, 2022
OdenKelechi:
as long as you're not paying rent.
Thank you
Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by Munikbabe(f): 6:38pm On Mar 12, 2022
Myer:

They have staff quarters meaning no transport expenses.
Though 40k is still small as take-home but as long as it puts food on your table and meets your other needs it's a good start.

But for an experienced staff, it's not.
Thank you, it's small
Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by Munikbabe(f): 6:40pm On Mar 12, 2022
Simplythebest:
Better take it cus hotel job is one of the best job u could do now in Nigeria cus they don't depend on their salary and u are even lucky with the position given to u alot of tips. Free accommodation, free food and pls what else do u need. Pls don't miss this opportunity. All the best
Thank you very much. I was only thinking of the salary but you have a point . I will resume on Monday and see
Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by Munikbabe(f): 6:42pm On Mar 12, 2022
tibatobi:
A lady for a hotel job....u can run daybreak with customers it will fetch you money so go and Bleep to satisfaction...
Kikikikikikikiiki. Every lady is not a prostitute. You people should stop generalizing things abeg.
Anyways, that's your opinion, thank you
Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by DaddyGngeess(m): 6:42pm On Mar 12, 2022
The money is low because of transportation but there is real money in hotel job that is not ur real salary
Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by Munikbabe(f): 6:45pm On Mar 12, 2022
Stankovic22:
2018 I took a job with ForteSoft (NIIT) and was earning N47,500 after task as an IT instructor.

I stayed on the job became my house was close to work. I would trek (saving N100) about 1.6km from my house to where I will take boat N20. After the boat I'd take bike N100 to my destination. Coming back was the same thing, so for Tfair I was spending N240 daily (but if I chose to take bike from house I will be spending N440).

Feeding was another headache. After 6months pay was increased to 51,500 after tax. Then after 1yr and 6months pay was increased to 59,500 after task then immediately I clocked 2yrs pay was increased to 61,500.

The job was just vexing me because I could see how much we were generating For them but to pay something reasonable was a problem.

I ended up resigning and went into street to hustle like a school dropout is 2020

I was hustling legit under sun and rain and was making an average of 20k daily. Some days I even make 100k some days 60k. There was a day I made 200k.

I couldn't sleep all night, I was just crying and praying.

What I couldn't achieve in the two years I spent with that company, in one year I got everything.

I told this story to encourage you, for now you need the money but just know that you must plan your exit very well. There is so much money doing menial jobs than staying in the office speaking English but earning peanut.

My mom sells fruits in The night (6pm to 10pm) and I can tell you that she makes profits of more than 3k daily from her fruit business.

Intelligent people are so broke because many are certificate and office work conscious, they see those hustling on the streets as less privileged not knowing they those people earn far better than the people they call Oga
This is so motivating . I have skills oo, it's capital that's making me to consider office jobs oo. If I see capital, I will go straight into self biz but you know in this Naija, skills without capital na wetin you gain. I will keep pushing, I know God will make a way

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by Munikbabe(f): 6:47pm On Mar 12, 2022
DaddyGngeess:
The money is low because of transportation but there is real money in hotel job that is not ur real salary
Yeah. People have been saying that but ......? God will see me through. Thank you
Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by Munikbabe(f): 6:48pm On Mar 12, 2022
CaptainFM1:
If you cannot do simple mathematics of your own monthly expenses against what you earned yourself, any advice giving to you is just a total waste of time.
I have done that oo. Mr mathematician, thank you for your comment
Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by Munikbabe(f): 6:49pm On Mar 12, 2022
isan:
Can you give me the Address and number of the Hotel manager
You wan confirm something abi?? Oya tell me , na

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by Munikbabe(f): 6:51pm On Mar 12, 2022
phemmyfour:
No...Just relocate and look for someone to share a room with on the island
Thank you
Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by Munikbabe(f): 6:53pm On Mar 12, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

Dont think twice.... Take it

In this Nigeria you really really need to build a strong network no matter your background, and hotel would give you that opportunity

If you are nice, you might get tips , depending on the hotel policy most hotels always offer staff food, lastly your work environment is going to be interesting as no boring time in an hotel, remember to give out your WhatsApp number whenever respectable people request for it... With your contact list alone, you can start marketing one or two products online or your skills
Thank you very much,I will consider it

Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by Munikbabe(f): 6:55pm On Mar 12, 2022
Cutehector:
Take the job, nairalanders will not feed you if you dont take it.
Thank you
Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by Munikbabe(f): 6:56pm On Mar 12, 2022
ravetechng:
Start with it while looking for something better
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos State Teaching Jobs July 2021 / I Got A Job Again Through Nairaland / Please How Well Paid Are Teachers In Private Secondary Schools In Port Harcourt?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.