Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) (94062 Views)

Europe Is Not Easy — Nigerian Lady Reveals The Kind Of Job She Does To Survive / Re: Japa Its Not Easy Anywhere. / Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Olawrites: 8:33am On Mar 12, 2022
There's high cost of living everywhere, like recently in the US, the cost of gas moved from $2 to $5 per liter.

Just know this fact before thinking of travelling.

Don't be caught unaware.

We've had enough stranded Nigerians in the diaspora already. Don't add to it.

Have enough money SAVED before you think of travelling.

Move this to front page please

58 Likes 14 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Zonefree(m): 8:34am On Mar 12, 2022
Like, money for divorce is just for therapy. After divorce, it's expected the man has to pay the woman so she can see a therapist.

So, who will now pay for the man's therapy?

Women are just weird. I still wonder why God created them out of our ribs instead of brain.

441 Likes 40 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Totilopussylick(m): 8:38am On Mar 12, 2022
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Golan007: 8:43am On Mar 12, 2022
grin
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Olawrites: 8:47am On Mar 12, 2022
Zonefree:
Like, money for divorce is just for therapy. After divorce, it's expected the man has to pay the woman so she can see a therapist.

So, who will now pay for the man's therapy?

Women are just weird. I still wonder why God created them out of our ribs instead of brain.

Men don suffer for this life. The other day Chidinma was celebrated inside the prison as miss cell 2022
Haha

393 Likes 23 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by RoyalBlu(f): 8:59am On Mar 12, 2022
*Living within your means helps a great deal in WHEREVER you find yourself.

445 Likes 35 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Opeyemic01: 9:13am On Mar 12, 2022
It can't be as bad over there as it is in Nigeria. Things will normalize overtime in US, can you say the same for Nigeria? If I have the means I will also japa, let's go and see what's up there first, nobody should discourage me abeg.

757 Likes 60 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Limassol(m): 9:22am On Mar 12, 2022
Olawrites:
There's high cost of living everywhere, like recently in the US, the cost of gas moved from $2 to $5 per liter.

What is the point of this post? distract? discourage? You talked about rising inflation, but that seems to be a global trend, and not neccessarily unique to the US/west. Nigeria's is 15 percent while it's roughly half that in most western countries. Besides, inflation normally batter the poor most, and a in a country like Nigeria with nonexistent safety net it is even worst. Also, you seem to be ignorant of the fact that would-be emigres have diverse reasons for leaving, for some it is the security and safety western countries offer, while for others a good health care system and stability are major factors.

242 Likes 18 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Brexxit(m): 9:23am On Mar 12, 2022
Rents varies from place to place in the USA

California,New York are high brow expensive areas,there are other American cities with cheaper cost of rent anyone japaing from Nigeria can stay.

As for gas prices I believe they will find a way out of it.

99 Likes 5 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by psucc(m): 9:42am On Mar 12, 2022
Fear fear man no dey go Bakassi.

This thread, though a caution, is just a discouragement. But it can deter anyone who is determined to japa.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Olawrites: 9:53am On Mar 12, 2022
Limassol:
What is the point of this post? distract? discourage? You talked about rising inflation, but that seems to be a global trend, and not neccessarily unique to the US/west. Nigeria's is 15 percent while it's roughly half that in most western countries. Besides, inflation normally batter the poor most, and a in a country like Nigeria with nonexistent safety net it is even worst. Also, you seem to be ignorant of the fact that would-be emigres have diverse reasons for leaving, for some it is the security and safety western countries offer, while for others a good health care system and stability are major factors.

Read my post carefully and comprehend it

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by flokii: 10:14am On Mar 12, 2022
Our people don't know that there are more homeless blacks including Nigerians in New York than Lagos.. they see the beautiful parts of "developed" countries and then dream of going there to live a luxurious life only to end up disappointed.

Fix your home country and stop this 'japa' syndrome.
Go into processing of agricultural products and earn big from them instead of putting all your millions into visa processing to japa.

160 Likes 22 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Rickmann: 10:16am On Mar 12, 2022
Olawrites:

Don't be caught unaware.

@lalasticlala Seun mynd44

The problem with people is that they all want to go and jam-pack themselves in the US and Uk that are currently the worlds biggest problem, when there are better countries to go, work and live an ok life.

42 Likes 9 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Starzo: 10:16am On Mar 12, 2022
he who has ears

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by MsFaith: 10:20am On Mar 12, 2022
flokii:
Our people don't know that there are more homeless blacks including Nigerians in New York than Lagos.. they see the beautiful parts of "developed" countries and then dream of going there to live a luxurious life only to end up disappointed.

Fix your home country and stop this 'japa' syndrome.
Go into processing of agricultural products and earn big from them instead of putting all your millions into visa processing to japa.

How do you want us to fix the country when we still have old and corrupt people lobbying for leadership positions?

First of, are you yourself in Nigeria presently?

136 Likes 9 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by MsFaith: 10:21am On Mar 12, 2022
Rickmann:

The problem with people is that they all want to go and jam-pack themselves in the US and Uk that are currently the worlds biggest problem, when there are better countries to go, work and live an ok life.

Please give examples of these better countries

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Princewill1(m): 10:48am On Mar 12, 2022
No country is a paradise.

Hardship is everywhere!

it's only ignorant people that don't know this.

50 Likes 11 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by manikspears: 11:21am On Mar 12, 2022
Opeyemic01:
It can't be as bad over there as it is in Nigeria. Things will normalize overtime in US, can you say the same for Nigeria? If I have the means I will also japa, let's go and see what's up there first, nobody should discourage me abeg.

Don't mind them, minimum wage is $31k per year na cleaner and messenger work be that o.....oya convert am to naira how many graduates dey make that kind money per year for naija? Even if you consider the purchasing power.

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by iLegendd(m): 11:25am On Mar 12, 2022
This thread is just to make some Nigerians feel happy. They'll say to themselves, "Afterall, I'm not the only one suffering — oyibo dey suffer too."

123 Likes 13 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by ednut1(m): 11:28am On Mar 12, 2022
They never want to live within their means. Go get a shared one room biko and not a condo if you no get money. In Canada here you will see a 9ja guy on 80k a year staying in a shared apartment but 9ja ladies on 50k staying in a top of the range condo. Is that not madness ni

137 Likes 8 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by HRprof: 12:00pm On Mar 12, 2022
Nigerians will travel to America or western world, leave their 3 bed apartment to live in combo apartment, the size of closet. the kind of house they will not stay in Nigeria. The reason is that the cost of this combo apartment per month is your one year 1 bed apartment rent in Nigeria inside life . Meanwhile, they will take pictures in front of skyscrapers building and post on social media

157 Likes 16 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Nonexisting: 12:15pm On Mar 12, 2022
So we pay for snake gender people to get therapy after divorce? I didn't know that.

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by manikspears: 12:29pm On Mar 12, 2022
HRprof:
Nigerians will travel to America or western world, leave their 3 bed apartment to live in combo apartment, the size of closet. the kind of house they will not stay in Nigeria. The reason is that the cost of this combo apartment per month is your one year 1 bed apartment rent in Nigeria inside life . Meanwhile, they will take pictures in front of skyscrapers building and post on social media

There 3 bedroom in Nigeria The one they built or rented? If it was that easy we won't have multiple running into the yahoo and ritual business.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by SUPERPACK: 12:30pm On Mar 12, 2022
manikspears:

Don't mind them, minimum wage is 31k per year na cleaner and messenger work be that o.....oya convert am to naira how many graduates dey make that kind money per year for naija? Even if you consider the purchasing power.
You did not deduct tax, insurance and hazard fee, plus student loan deductions for some.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by manikspears: 12:54pm On Mar 12, 2022
SUPERPACK:
You did not deduct tax, insurance and hazard fee, plus student loan deductions for some.

Bro did you read my comment very well?

Why would a cleaner be paying student loan?

In the United States, the average single worker faced a net average tax rate of 22.4% in 2020, In other words, in the United States the take-home pay of an average single worker, after tax and benefits, was 77.6% of their gross wage.

Now ask yourself how many Jobs dey Nigeria, how many pay benefits and how much is your purchasing power.

Na who get job dey get salary and people wey no get job full Nairaland.

Because your former classmates never start to they buzz you for urgent 2k abi? It's either you don't have them as friends or you are extremely stingy or broke.

66 Likes 9 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by DropsMic(m): 12:59pm On Mar 12, 2022
Olawrites:

Don't be caught unaware.

@lalasticlala Seun mynd44

Deleted for security reasons

227 Likes 21 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by HRprof: 1:02pm On Mar 12, 2022
manikspears:

There 3 bedroom in Nigeria The one they built or rented? If it was that easy we won't have multiple running into the yahoo and ritual business.
Own what !!! Rented apartment !! Read well before commenting. The combo apartment also rented in US. At least they can afford that here but can’t in US or western, Meanwhile I know someone who own a duplex here in nigeria but currently in UK living in a combo apartment kind of size of your closet. Anyway he said he is studying Masters
This building pix behind the football training field in Paris has the kind of apartment I’m talking about and most people living there are migrants, saw it when I visited.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by manikspears: 1:17pm On Mar 12, 2022
HRprof:

Own what !!! Rented apartment !! Read well before commenting. The combo apartment also rented in US. At least they can afford that here but can’t in US or western, Meanwhile I know someone who own a duplex here in nigeria but currently in UK living in a combo apartment kind of size of your closet. Anyway he said he is studying Masters
This building pix behind the football training field in Paris has the kind of apartment I’m talking about and most people living there are migrants, saw it when I visited.

The index i gave was for minimum wage bro and you don't pay back student loan while studying.

Now how does paris and usa relate in this case? You did not read at all. The pictures posted by op was about usa and my analysis is based on that.

And size of my closet in uk Lol, bro i no get closet o. Na 2 bedroom flat i rent but na wardrobe i get ,i no get closet( i no be liar). Plus that your friend is either lying or keeping some secrets from you because there are many housing options in uk ranging from hostels to shared apartments, to even living with a friend till you get back on your feet (if you are lucky).

About the pictures are you sure that place is not for asylum seekers? Migrants is different from Migrants o. Because I have friends in France studying and we do video calls very well. Lastly that kind of house you call migrants house na vi and lekki we dey see that kind house for lagos o. And if you know how many people use loan apps to pay their house rent in Nigeria you go fear fear. My Landlord came to beg my neighbour last week and said he can go with the over 9 months that he is owing him.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by pocohantas(f): 1:19pm On Mar 12, 2022
ednut1:
They never want to live within their means. Go get a shared one room biko and not a condo if you no get money. In Canada here you will see a 9ja guy on 80k a year staying in a shared apartment but 9ja ladies on 50k staying in a top of the range condo. Is that not madness ni

They need it for TikTok videos. cheesy

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by obyrich(m): 1:33pm On Mar 12, 2022
MsFaith:

How do you want us to fix the country when we still have old and corrupt people lobbying for leadership positions?

First of, are you yourself in Nigeria presently?
Who are the old and corrupt people lobbying? Who are the people promoting these old and corrupt people all over social media and other forums? We the youth are responsible for the decay currently ongoing in Nigeria.

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Nicoswit(m): 1:50pm On Mar 12, 2022
Make e enter front page oo
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist / Last Moment Of Chika Ernest, The Pilot Of Helicopter That Crashed In Lagos / Traveling To Mexico General Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.