Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,219 members, 7,825,818 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Britain Searches For Helicopters, Jets Belonging To Sanctioned Russians - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Britain Searches For Helicopters, Jets Belonging To Sanctioned Russians (28354 Views)

Russia Becomes World's Most Sanctioned Country With 14,000 Sanctions (Photos) / Russian Cats Sanctioned & Banned By US, EU & FIFE (Photos) / Taliban Steal £62BILLION Worth Of Helicopters, Armoured Vehicles & Weapons(Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Britain Searches For Helicopters, Jets Belonging To Sanctioned Russians by lexy2014: 4:27pm On Mar 12, 2022
xpool:

Don't what to Saudi arabia

This according to u:

So do uourselfe a favour, relax and watch as RUSSIA GETS FACTORY RESET, OLIGARCHY ERASED, DICTATORSHIP ERASED, FREEDOM OF THE CITIZENS OF RUSSIA RESTORED, TRUE DEMOCRACE WITH TERM LIMIT RESTORED.
Re: Britain Searches For Helicopters, Jets Belonging To Sanctioned Russians by AgentGoat: 4:30pm On Mar 12, 2022
Colb461:
Even thou the invasion on Ukraine is bad move by Putin,why should abrahamovic suffer?

Politics is not supposed to be involved into football for Christ sake

My brother, person go just dey him dey wahala go dey find him
Re: Britain Searches For Helicopters, Jets Belonging To Sanctioned Russians by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 12, 2022
Kelvin3476:

What stopped them from returning to Cuba as per USA breaking the promise?
Why didn't they go same way as the USA in the Ukraine case

You're now talking from both sides of your mouth:

Your question should be "Why did US break the agreement?"

And not "Why did Soviet/Russia not default when US defaulted?"

If Russia had refused to remove the missiles and risked war, I'm sure you would have called them the aggressor.

They did and you're still trying to put them in the wrong for doing what they agreed to do.

And we're seeing the same play out here:

All Russia needs is assurance from NATO that they won't accept Ukraine into their fold.

Ukraine can ask to join NATO but NATO shouldn't take them.

That's all.

Mind you, this issue has been ongoing for over 20 years now. It just turned to war because NATO wanted to take Ukraine this time.

Also, Ukraine's position has always been tied to their presidents. Every president is always either Pro-Russian and anti-NATO or Pro-NATO and anti-Russian.
Re: Britain Searches For Helicopters, Jets Belonging To Sanctioned Russians by VEHINTOLAR: 4:40pm On Mar 12, 2022
Stop the looting Britain ! Ukrainians are dying in their hundreds and you're here behaving like bandits ! You guys ain't helping Ukraine in any form. Kyiv is already encircled by the Russian forces and the hitherto relatively peaceful western Ukraine is now under heavy artillery shelling and aerial bombardment. The Russian forces are in that axis now which means the country is being attacked from the north,south,east and now west ! It is just a matter of time/days for the whole of Ukraine to be run over by the Putin's military.

How does seizing of Russian Oligarchs properties in UK stop the killings of Ukrainians and the mind boggling destruction of their country ? Why should the innocent Russians be punished for what they know nothing about ? Is it now a crime to be wealthy and invest such wealth in foreign countries ? The case of Chelsea's Abramovich is particularly painful ! I thought they said sports don't mix with politics,right ?

Any country that's urging Ukrainians to fight on without committing its own military and men to the war is simply wicked ! Ukrainian government has been shouting and begging for air cover and military equipment for days now,the flimsy excuse has been they can't get it 'cause they ain't NATO member ! I wish Zelensky could open his eyes and see that it's his country that's being destroyed and his people being killed ! Must Ukraine be a NATO member ? Certainly,NATO membership isn't worth the lives of innocent Ukrainians that have been cut short and it isn't worth the massive destruction of the country either !

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Britain Searches For Helicopters, Jets Belonging To Sanctioned Russians by frog12: 4:42pm On Mar 12, 2022
honestly, GOOD for him. PUTIN warned all thee people long ago to move their money away from WEST, dem no LISTEN

1 Like

Re: Britain Searches For Helicopters, Jets Belonging To Sanctioned Russians by Horus(m): 4:45pm On Mar 12, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGrlrtfNhpc

Why Sanctions On Russia Will Not Work On Putin

2 Likes

Re: Britain Searches For Helicopters, Jets Belonging To Sanctioned Russians by PDPGuy: 4:47pm On Mar 12, 2022
tonididdy:

I meant avoiding the West in business terms.
Invest at home.
Even if your country sanctions you, there is every possibility the next ruler ship with have a different view and lift those sanctions.

That’s why I laugh when some people ask why the likes of Dangote or Otedola do not significant investments in the US or the UK. These men clearly believe their assets could be seized at any time

3 Likes

Re: Britain Searches For Helicopters, Jets Belonging To Sanctioned Russians by Horus(m): 4:49pm On Mar 12, 2022
AstraDroid:
A lesson for those who maintain Assets outside their States of Origin.

A lesson for Africans who maintain Assets in European banks

1 Like

Re: Britain Searches For Helicopters, Jets Belonging To Sanctioned Russians by tonididdy(m): 4:51pm On Mar 12, 2022
goodheart01:

It’s not possible avoiding the West when it comes to business, don’t u get it?? Like how old are u pls??
Allow matured minds sink in what I've said.
If you are not a kid yourself, you wouldn't miss the part I said " invest in your country", if you are matured enough you would know that investing in your country, is a direct boycott of your godly West.

The world has chosen to be lazy and let the West feed and milk her.
This is the price the Russian oligarchs are paying today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Britain Searches For Helicopters, Jets Belonging To Sanctioned Russians by awa(m): 4:55pm On Mar 12, 2022
Shoodboi:
Meanwhile Putin is still drinking vodka and preparing to launch a final assault on Kiev.

NATO can end everything by just assuring Russia that they won't expand east and all this will end quicker than it began, but they won't.

Before quoting me, please educate yourself about the Cuban missile crisis when US almost went to war with Cuba because it was getting too close to the Soviets.

Almost went to War..... I love this. Putin is not managing the situation in Ukraine well.
Re: Britain Searches For Helicopters, Jets Belonging To Sanctioned Russians by goodheart01: 4:59pm On Mar 12, 2022
tonididdy:

Allow matured minds sink in what I've said.
If you are not a kid yourself, you wouldn't miss the part I said " invest in your country", if you are matured enough you would know that investing in your country, is a direct boycott of your godly West.

The world has chosen to be lazy and let the West feed and milk her.
This is the price the Russian oligarchs are paying today.

Mr. Adult even if u invest in your country u still can’t stay away from doing business with Ben West. If Russia was that good, the oligarchs wouldn’t have invested outside
Re: Britain Searches For Helicopters, Jets Belonging To Sanctioned Russians by Jackbaur88: 5:00pm On Mar 12, 2022
Is it that people don't realized that the US and the West gave rise to modern civilization?
China, India, most of Aisa and Africa cannot be what it is today without those two.
Everyone have their lapses. The West and the US have their short comings, but then they remain the best option as the world's watch dog.
Re: Britain Searches For Helicopters, Jets Belonging To Sanctioned Russians by Oyiboman69: 5:01pm On Mar 12, 2022
chronique:
This would signal to others in the future that they should not invest their money in foreign countries.
how do you intend to do it big if you don't go internationally?
Re: Britain Searches For Helicopters, Jets Belonging To Sanctioned Russians by Munamoqel: 5:01pm On Mar 12, 2022
lordm:
Putin will regret this bad decision to invade Ukraine and this will also be his downfall
they will also seize bp asset in Russia
Re: Britain Searches For Helicopters, Jets Belonging To Sanctioned Russians by tonididdy(m): 5:07pm On Mar 12, 2022
goodheart01:

Mr. Adult even if u invest in your country u still can’t stay away from doing business with Ben West. If Russia was that good, the oligarchs wouldn’t have invested outside
I see you are the back and forth type, so this is my last reply to you.
If you situate your business in your country and grow her to a stand out brand, even your Almighty West will come to your shores to do business.
If you are an investor ( which I doubt you can ever be) with the witch hunts on Russian businesses in the UK and US, you would think twice before positioning the heart and soul of your business there.

No one wants to have his assets seized like this...its your sweat
Re: Britain Searches For Helicopters, Jets Belonging To Sanctioned Russians by bizzibodi(m): 5:12pm On Mar 12, 2022
I dnt understand why Abramovich & other Russian oligarchs are sitting for d sins of Vlamir Putin.UK economy will suffer for this ill-thought out moves.even d oligarchs are running from Putin.
Re: Britain Searches For Helicopters, Jets Belonging To Sanctioned Russians by tonididdy(m): 5:12pm On Mar 12, 2022
Oyiboman69:
how do you intend to do it big if you don't go internationally?

Is dangote big or not?

98% of American billionaires grew their businesses in the US. Elon musk, bill gates, Amazon guy, Dr dre...

The trap is the greed for the American dollar, of which can still come to you in your home country if you perfect your business.

1 Like

Re: Britain Searches For Helicopters, Jets Belonging To Sanctioned Russians by formaxy: 5:14pm On Mar 12, 2022
Shoodboi:
Meanwhile Putin is still drinking vodka and preparing to launch a final assault on Kiev.

NATO can end everything by just assuring Russia that they won't expand east and all this will end quicker than it began, but they won't.

Before quoting me, please educate yourself about the Cuban missile crisis when US almost went to war with Cuba because it was getting too close to the Soviets.

For people that keep quoting the Cuban crisis a way of justifying Russia's invasion tend to completely miss the most apparent lesson of the Cuban crisis: Kennedy and Nikita Kushrev both realised they couldn't afford to go to war and instead made compromises through back channels in the interest of peace. Negotiation is and remains a far better tool than war.
Re: Britain Searches For Helicopters, Jets Belonging To Sanctioned Russians by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 12, 2022
formaxy:

For people that keep quoting the Cuban crisis a way of justifying Russia's invasion tend to completely miss the most apparent lesson of the Cuban crisis: Kennedy and Nikita Kushrev both realised they couldn't afford to go to war and instead made compromises through back channels in the interest of peace. Negotiation is and remains a far better tool than war.

True but it appears that Ukraine downt think the same way.

This issue has been on the table for over 20 years and Russia has held back until this monent.
Re: Britain Searches For Helicopters, Jets Belonging To Sanctioned Russians by Hndrrxxx(m): 5:43pm On Mar 12, 2022
Shoodboi:

shut your damn mouth 'fore you dropped, nigga
Re: Britain Searches For Helicopters, Jets Belonging To Sanctioned Russians by Edoblakky(m): 5:50pm On Mar 12, 2022
Lesson to learn from this sort of sanctions on private individuals who happened to be Russians is "mind how you invest outside your country". Those of us in the diaspora should take note

1 Like

Re: Britain Searches For Helicopters, Jets Belonging To Sanctioned Russians by xpool(m): 5:55pm On Mar 12, 2022
lexy2014:

This according to u:

So do uourselfe a favour, relax and watch as RUSSIA GETS FACTORY RESET, OLIGARCHY ERASED, DICTATORSHIP ERASED, FREEDOM OF THE CITIZENS OF RUSSIA RESTORED, TRUE DEMOCRACE WITH TERM LIMIT RESTORED.
I don't understand what asked about Saudi Arabia
Re: Britain Searches For Helicopters, Jets Belonging To Sanctioned Russians by onenaija001(m): 6:02pm On Mar 12, 2022
Be like sa these people just wan cash out grin
Re: Britain Searches For Helicopters, Jets Belonging To Sanctioned Russians by JoshTim: 6:16pm On Mar 12, 2022
wallrichy:
Don't mind him until he starts buying one loaf of bread for N2,000 cos all the wheats Nigeria imports is from Ukraine and Russia......It's call wisdom to know about other countries and what's happening there.....if you are a business man of international repute, you will know what we are talking about. No country can live in isolation, no country can survive alone, even the most isolated country call North Korea still does business with the western countries and some other countries.....
You nail it bro

Re: Britain Searches For Helicopters, Jets Belonging To Sanctioned Russians by Triplerg: 6:16pm On Mar 12, 2022
alabo1:

At the end of the day a new world order will emerge. The West is just shooting itself in the foot. Oligarchs as they call them and all illicit billions generated will no longer be invested in their climes. What are they investigating? They already know who owns what.
However people like Abramovich and co will no longer invest in Europe it will go the the East or Africa and lastly south America.

Banning Russia from SWIFT will enhance their own alternatives which they have started using.

This I have seen.
Please, desist from commenting on this issue. Your comment shows this is way beyond your comprehension. Just stick to local politics, there is no shame in it.
Re: Britain Searches For Helicopters, Jets Belonging To Sanctioned Russians by lexy2014: 6:24pm On Mar 12, 2022
xpool:

I don't understand what asked about Saudi Arabia

I don't understand your question. Seems u missed a word or two. Kindly clarify
Re: Britain Searches For Helicopters, Jets Belonging To Sanctioned Russians by lexy2014: 6:25pm On Mar 12, 2022
Edoblakky:
Lesson to learn from this sort of sanctions on private individuals who happened to be Russians is "mind how you invest outside your country". Those of us in the diaspora should take note

How do u "mind how you invest outside your country"?
Re: Britain Searches For Helicopters, Jets Belonging To Sanctioned Russians by duality(m): 6:41pm On Mar 12, 2022
2mercy:

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/britain-searches-helicopters-jets-belonging-sanctioned-russians-2022-03-11/

This is wrong in every aspect. You don't take people's private property because of their government.

Facebook suddenly wants to determine who we should hate.

For those who applaud this. When they come for you tomorrow, don't complain.

Russia is not at war with the UK neither is Abrahmovich.

2 Likes

Re: Britain Searches For Helicopters, Jets Belonging To Sanctioned Russians by mauchiz: 6:47pm On Mar 12, 2022
11doubledee:

You dey mind am
The war was needless. We have Nigerians living in both Ukraine and Russia. But in this case Russia is the aggressor.
Ever since the war started, i'ev not been able to communicate with a friend of mine in Ukraine.
All I do is just to pray for her daily and hope she's safe.

God will keep her safe.
Re: Britain Searches For Helicopters, Jets Belonging To Sanctioned Russians by maasoap(m): 6:49pm On Mar 12, 2022
The same Britain that invaded Iraq alongside USA over false Intel and got away with it. Lol. Hypocrites everywhere

1 Like

Re: Britain Searches For Helicopters, Jets Belonging To Sanctioned Russians by Padipadi(m): 6:53pm On Mar 12, 2022
Femi8586:
The aim of NATO is to turn Putin's people against him.
Once his people are severely suffering because of him, they will hate him automatically and that marks the beginning of his downfall.

NATOs are very good manipulators. Putin foolishly played into their trap.
Putin should learn from Napoleon
Re: Britain Searches For Helicopters, Jets Belonging To Sanctioned Russians by History555: 6:56pm On Mar 12, 2022
Colb461:
seriously just look at how the wealthy in U.K are suffering because of his stupid act.

This is even enough for them to turn against him.

I know Putin never saw all this sanctions coming in the first place,if only he knows

Which wealthy. U mean u support thieving oligarchs buying yatch for $600 million. If nothing else, ordinary russians are happy the west is dealing with the oligarchs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

US Navy Helicopters Destroy Houthi Boats In Red Sea After Attempted Hijack / Explosion At Chemical Site In Germany Shakes Leverkusen (Pictures, Video) / India Receives Military Supplies From Moscow Amid Russia-ukraine War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.