Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Brain Drain Across Industries-- JAPA To UK - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Brain Drain Across Industries-- JAPA To UK (1028 Views)

Japa: Top 5 Lucrative Side Hustles For Nigerians To Survive In UK, Canada / Is Japa Worth It? / Traveling To Uk For A Homecare Nursing Job From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brain Drain Across Industries-- JAPA To UK by ecolime(m): 7:34pm On Mar 12, 2022
Dear Professionals!

Those of us in white collar jobs will agree that the JAPA Mode has been fully activated everywhere.

Since the UK threw its borders open via the 2 years post study (Masters degree) visa, there has been series of resignations here and there in different sectors.

I am sure by now, almost everyone knows someone that has left for the UK or already planning to leave.

The country is presently in a mess and this option seem to be easier than the Canadian PR route.

You replace someone that resigned for the UK today with a trainee. The trainee saves little money and also JAPA after 4 months shocked

This leads to massive brain drain, continuous and huge cost of recruitments, poor knowledge transfer and the future of Nigeria is seriously at stake.

In no time, companies will start folding up because staff turnover of its brightest youth is high.

We can't depend on government because they've failed over and over again. What can captains of industries do to stem the tide?

2 Likes

Re: Brain Drain Across Industries-- JAPA To UK by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:28pm On Mar 12, 2022
Honestly nothing. Its worst in tech. Everyone is learning and studying to japa grin grin.Paying people more money just goes to japa savings fund. I for one cant live in Nigeria for any amount of money.

3 Likes

Re: Brain Drain Across Industries-- JAPA To UK by OlabodeTECH: 9:22pm On Mar 12, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Honestly nothing. Its worst in tech. Everyone is learning and studying to japa grin grin.Paying people more money just goes to japa savings fund. I for one cant live in Nigeria for any amount of money.
It's also worse in the Banking and health sector. I fear for the future of this country.
Re: Brain Drain Across Industries-- JAPA To UK by Hannania(m): 10:08pm On Mar 12, 2022
When you have companies paying peanuts and giving poor working conditions, what do you expect.
Re: Brain Drain Across Industries-- JAPA To UK by Ajibade123(m): 11:16pm On Mar 12, 2022
the industries here are not paying enough everyone is after his/her daily bread I can't build a country If I am hungry
Re: Brain Drain Across Industries-- JAPA To UK by OlabodeTECH: 5:47pm On Mar 19, 2022
Ajibade123:
the industries here are not paying enough
everyone is after his/her daily bread
I can't build a country If I am hungry
Na true grin
Re: Brain Drain Across Industries-- JAPA To UK by SeunWedsLinda(m): 6:08am On Mar 28, 2022
Hannania:
When you have companies paying peanuts and giving poor working conditions, what do you expect.
bro please I sent you a pm. Kindly reply. I'd love to get IT related information from you
Re: Brain Drain Across Industries-- JAPA To UK by Munamoqel: 7:47am On Mar 28, 2022
ecolime:
Dear Professionals!

Those of us in white collar jobs will agree that the JAPA Mode has been fully activated everywhere.

Since the UK threw its borders open via the 2 years post study (Masters degree) visa, there has been series of resignations here and there in different sectors.

I am sure by now, almost everyone knows someone that has left for the UK or already planning to leave.

The country is presently in a mess and this option seem to be easier than the Canadian PR route.

You replace someone that resigned for the UK today with a trainee. The trainee saves little money and also JAPA after 4 months shocked

This leads to massive brain drain, continuous and huge cost of recruitments, poor knowledge transfer and the future of Nigeria is seriously at stake.

In no time, companies will start folding up because staff turnover of its brightest youth is high.

We can't depend on government because they've failed over and over again. What can captains of industries do to stem the tide?
their eyes go soon clear after the 2 years post work visa .

1 Like

Re: Brain Drain Across Industries-- JAPA To UK by marioquince: 8:00am On Mar 28, 2022

Re: Brain Drain Across Industries-- JAPA To UK by Hannania(m): 9:22pm On Mar 28, 2022
SeunWedsLinda:
bro please I sent you a pm. Kindly reply. I'd love to get IT related information from you
Aiit
Re: Brain Drain Across Industries-- JAPA To UK by pinkyruledworld(m): 9:26am On Mar 30, 2022
Munamoqel:
Tell us something we dunno o. Im interested in this knowledge.
Re: Brain Drain Across Industries-- JAPA To UK by pinkyruledworld(m): 9:26am On Mar 30, 2022
Munamoqel:
Tell us something we dunno o. Im interested in this knowledge

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need The Help Of You Guys.i Need Possible Hints On Aptitude Test For Nigerian Airforce. / Internship / Highest Paying Comapny For It Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.