Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,133 members, 7,849,551 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:19 AM

Why The Catholic Chuch Still Remains The No 1 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why The Catholic Chuch Still Remains The No 1 (945 Views)

The Six Catholic Seminarians Lying In State. Rip (Photo) / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real / 4 Naija Ladies, Looking For Husband In Chuch Forced To Strip unclothed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Catholic Chuch Still Remains The No 1 by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 30, 2011
Do you agree with me when I say that Jesus is God? Do you believe in the Holy Trinity? This writeup is not expected to be start up a controversy but rather discuss some issues that needs ironing.I am not the kind of christian that takes whatever the man of God preaches, I on my own part still point out some mistakes whenever I note one.To cast doubt on something or someone, you need to understand those things in clear terms. For example, I am a football fan and before I compare any two footballers, I have to know in dept their history and achievements in the game before drawing comparison of any sort.The church would not have been there if not for the catholic church.

The Bible[color=Black][/color] -The catholic church incorporated the bible in the council of Nicaea in 325ad. 80% of Christians don't know the origin of the Bible, yet they are quick to condemn any of the catholic church's doctrine or dogma by saying "it's not in the bible" or "where is it in the bible that said, ". Asking that question means that you are ignorant of the fact that like the bible< the teachings,doctrines,dogmas of the catholic church are all products of the catholic church, so if you are to denounce any of the catholic church's teaching, then you should also denounce the bible.

Mary and the Saints[color=Black][/color]- Let me try and clarify something here. Catholics neither pray to Mary nor the saints. We pray to God through Mary. Mary in this sense has not replaced Christ as the mediator. When you need something from your dad, knowing you can go straight to him, but rather chooses to go through your mum, then we can say you have a double representation( your request and that of mum) This is the part that Mary plays in our life today.She intercede for us i.e prays to God on our behalf.Then where is Christ in this equation you may ask? Christ is GOD i.e HOLY TRINITY. That is why I said you must understand the church's teachings before criticize it.So we can say Mary prays for us to GOD( HOLY TRINITY) i.e GOD the Father, GOD the son( Christ) and God the HOLY SPIRIT.
THE HOLY MASS[color=Black][/color]- I was having this argument with someone about the usefulness of the Holy Mass and he said " In the gospel of john, Christ said it is finished so what is the usefulness of the Holy Mass" and I told him to go back to a previous chapter in the same gospel of John when Christ said do this in memory of me. Christ has always spoken in parables but this particular message was relayed in clear words "Do this in remembrance of me". Now the question is, how many of us Christians or how many denomination still obey this message? Some denominations that practice the holy Eucharist would tell you the Eucharist represents Christ but the Catholic church would tell you that the Eucharist is Christ"This is my body" Christ did not say this can be or this bread represents my body, rather He said this is my body. Some Christians would say that Catholics don't read the bible, but what is the holy mass all about? Liturgy of the word and liturgy of the Eucharist

Medieval times[color=Black] [/color]- 70% of we Christians don't know of the church's history. try and google King Henry VIII and you would known why the church brokeaway from the original one catholic church
Re: Why The Catholic Chuch Still Remains The No 1 by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 30, 2011
. . . and your point is?
Re: Why The Catholic Chuch Still Remains The No 1 by Demainman1: 5:10pm On Jun 30, 2011
^^^^^^ His point is that you guys condemn the Catholic Church while using that which they put together called the 'BIBLE'

Is high time you got your own book AKA word of GOD grin
Re: Why The Catholic Chuch Still Remains The No 1 by dare2think: 5:18pm On Jun 30, 2011
@ Lucenzo

If Christ is God, then who was he talking to on the cross when he asked the "Father" to forgive them?

" Why art thou forsaken me"------------who was he talking to?

Himself?-------why had he forsaken himself?

Really?, pls help me out here.
Re: Why The Catholic Chuch Still Remains The No 1 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 30, 2011
That is the more reason why I said you must understand the catholic church's doctrines before condemning it. Three persons in one 6od comprises THE FATHER, THE SON and the HOLY SPIRIT. You can find that in the bible. So christ was refering to God the Father. The trinity is like a tree with three branches, they different branches but remain in one tree
Re: Why The Catholic Chuch Still Remains The No 1 by dare2think: 6:28pm On Jun 30, 2011
1. I am and was not descriminating anything.
2. Pls pin-point the "the father, the son and the Holy ghost" in the bible because I honestly have not come accross it.
3. What you are then saying, from my understanding of your reply, is that Jesus was talking to himself?

I have no intention to ridicle, I am just looking for more explanation to further my understanding. The reply to number three would be greatly appriciated becuase I have long pondered who Jesus was talking to.

smiley
Re: Why The Catholic Chuch Still Remains The No 1 by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 30, 2011
matthew 28;19 "Go then to all peoples everywhere and make them my disciples baptize them in the name of the Father and the son and the Holy spirit. Christ started the teachings of the Holy trinity.
Re: Why The Catholic Chuch Still Remains The No 1 by Rich4god(m): 8:23pm On Jun 30, 2011
Believe it or not, the world would easy survive without the SUN than witout the CATHOLIC CHURCH. All d doctrines of the Catholic is either from the bible or the apostles tradition. The gate of hell kan never prevail against the church.
Re: Why The Catholic Chuch Still Remains The No 1 by Rich4god(m): 8:27pm On Jun 30, 2011
Believe it or not, the world would easy survive without the SUN than witout the CATHOLIC CHURCH. All d doctrines of the Catholic is either from the bible or the apostles tradition. The gate of hell kan never prevail against the church.
Re: Why The Catholic Chuch Still Remains The No 1 by wetu: 9:14am On Jul 02, 2011
Lucenzo,

It doesn't matter what you call it: praying to or through Mary, It is still idolatry. It's either you obey the truth or resist the Holy Spirit. There's no salvation in the ROMAN Catholic Church, salvation is only in Christ Jesus.
Re: Why The Catholic Chuch Still Remains The No 1 by Micuilles: 2:59pm On Jul 03, 2011
Rich4god:

Stop decieving yourself man. You MUST be born again to see the kingdom of God & you can start by giving your life to christ. First learn how to believe & confess Jesus' Lord ship over your life, recieve his Holy spirit & then inform your preists to do same. Also be informed that the Roman Catholic was in existence while Jesus was on earth. Even while the apostles were ministering to the world, the Roman Catholics were sent a long message from Paul about salvation in JESUS name.
Re: Why The Catholic Chuch Still Remains The No 1 by Rich4god(m): 9:09pm On Jul 03, 2011
Micuilles:

Stop decieving yourself man. You MUST be born again to see the kingdom of God & you can start by giving your life to christ. First learn how to believe & confess Jesus' Lord ship over your life, recieve his Holy spirit & then inform your preists to do same. Also be informed that the Roman Catholic was in existence while Jesus was on earth. Even while the apostles were ministering to the world, the Roman Catholics were sent a long message from Paul about salvation in JESUS name.
who told you catholics dont profess Jesus as Lord and Saviour, or must we use the word BORN AGAIN before we become true xtians. Its only the catholics that prays for unity among xtians, they are the ones encourage dialogue between anglicans and the eastern orthodox churchs. Among all the xtian community, its only the catholics that fight for the less privileged and also make sure that man's dignity and morality is being kept in secular states/countries. Why are all the xtians against the catholic church.
Re: Why The Catholic Chuch Still Remains The No 1 by Micuilles: 7:50am On Jul 04, 2011
@ Rich4god

How clumpsy of me. I never knew the catholics now pray in the name of Jesus & confess him as their Lord & saviour. If that's the case then I can agree with you when you call them christians.

Secondly, have you atended any other church meetings or read books that you came to the conclusion that it's only the Catholics that pray for christiandom & world peace? Also, who tells you that christians are against the catholics?

Any christian or church against another church or religion has lost it's/his/her/their way already. Our calling as christians is to preach the word of God to the unbelievers i.e. let them know that Jesus is alive for evermore & he loves every human. That's why he gave his life for us. If you are not for God (Jesus) then you are against God. smiley
Re: Why The Catholic Chuch Still Remains The No 1 by resmoplus: 7:44am On Jul 12, 2011
It irks to hear non-Catholics criticizing the Church but can't even compile their own Bible. They never thanked the Church for it.

(1) (Reply)

Who Do You Think Wants Total World Control And Human Subjugation / Inner Circle Member Of TB Joshua Watch Speaks #1 / Pls Pray For My Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.