Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) (64000 Views)

What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today / Rain Of Worms Falls Down The Sky In China, Residents Panic (Photos) / Hundreds Of Birds Drop From The Sky In Mexico & Die (Pictures, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by FireUpNow(m): 9:39am On Mar 14, 2022
No big deal about this, I have caught a swift bird with a ring in the right leg and when I checked it I saw an address of a place in Bedford, Massachusetts, USA. I wrote a letter to the person through post and I got a reply back that it was for experiment to ascertain how these birds travel/migrate seasonally. So OP it's not strange at all to me

2 Likes

Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by Powersurge: 9:40am On Mar 14, 2022
At least one person get sense to put logical explanation to it. Everything is view with spiritual lens in Africa.
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by DEBJOCH1(m): 9:40am On Mar 14, 2022
Nigerians and Africans with superstitions. Tracker used to monitor the distance or Nations which the bird has covered or gotten to, at the early 2000 we saw in the news when some birds were let loss some where in USA and we saw that the birds got to Nigeria.
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by aigohior(m): 9:40am On Mar 14, 2022
peppermint7:
Why are you this dumb
He was been sarcastic
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by Akharmony: 9:41am On Mar 14, 2022
now i see why them call we blacks ,black. . . Nah Ondo everything deh always happen.
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by GloriousGbola: 9:41am On Mar 14, 2022
On My sons fifth birthday, his helium filled darth vader balloon floated into the sky. I am sure someone saw evil witches flying that night.

1 Like

Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by kingyakos: 9:41am On Mar 14, 2022
Must everything be seen as spiritual or evil?
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by ubee(m): 9:44am On Mar 14, 2022
All these type of stories dey make me feel embarrassed for Nigerian masses.
And this one i am not even blaming it on the mass of illiterates that would be claiming it's a witch bird.

I blame the culture of lack of innovation and dynamism in our government and all their parastatals.

Agencies that oversee wildlife should educate the people on all the possible eventualities possible in an encounter with wildlife, and of course teach them to respect and protect wildlife.
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by Eserise1(m): 9:44am On Mar 14, 2022
Its a tracker, using to know the migratory level
It was tagged from Asia
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 14, 2022
Richsteemit:
It is a spiritual drone bird used by afonja skull miner to track the skull of bald people they are going to mine. Afonja I hail unaaa grin
can't you comment without being sentimental 'bout yorubas?.people like you are one of the problems we are facing in nigeria.
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by YorubaIsCursed1: 9:45am On Mar 14, 2022
Yorubaland self angry cry

3 Likes

Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by blackpanda: 9:48am On Mar 14, 2022
Educated ignoramus
Everything is spiritual. Mumu pipo grin
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by SarkinYarki: 9:49am On Mar 14, 2022
Burgerlomo:
That's probably going to be a fucking identification tag.

Of course it's an ID tag

1 Like

Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by Moneyboyz: 9:49am On Mar 14, 2022
Mountain of fire people right now be like prayers have been answered.

It's just a bird of prey with some tags on, airports use these birds to chase other birds from the airways else they collide and damage plane parts.

1 Like

Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by Premiumwriter: 9:50am On Mar 14, 2022
YorubaKinging:
The end is near

My people needs to be enlightened

There’s nothing new under the sky

But only ignorant fools will deny that there are spiritual powers

They control the physical realms

And the Almighty God is the giver of all powers,

He gives to whoever he pleases, then who can question him on his ways

Can something that is created ask his creator that what has he created ?

Keep silent , the Lord of Host is his name
all these shaming tactics no go work.

Na fool de shout say the spiritual world he has no evidence of is real.

Just like the mad man dancing to a tune only he can hear.

You are the fool.

It's wise men that require proofs before accepting that something is true.

1 Like

Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 14, 2022
emmanwandud:
Those rings are trackers and not some imaginary stuff you thinking
grin grin
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by Kamachicho(f): 9:54am On Mar 14, 2022
Ppogbae:
It looks like a tracker placed by an ornithologist

I remember sometimes ago between 2011/2012 when my mother was still alive. I went home to visit her and it was reported in the community that Boko Haram had penetrated their community using this bird to spy on them. It had a ring with a tracker but my mama ( in her 80s with limited exposure) and her friends thought otherwise. See fear in the neighbourhood cheesy

I asked my mummy if she had seen the bird and she answered NO but it was what was trending in the community. I had a good laugh and I went on to educate her and many around on what had happened and the reasons for the tracker. Keep resting mama, you were just too funny.
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by Tundex911: 9:54am On Mar 14, 2022
I'm very sure say some people go still tag the bird � as Russian bird for spy...

Smh
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by Decency2020(f): 9:54am On Mar 14, 2022
Richsteemit:
It is a spiritual drone bird used by afonja skull miner to track the skull of bald people they are going to mine. Afonja I hail unaaa grin

Guy grow up. We are now in 2022
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by ofuonyebi: 9:57am On Mar 14, 2022
If has been a Russian ring..
i could have said, Russia want to cause some havoc
But now that is is a Chinese inscripted ring, definitely, like the one i put in the leg of my fowl..

so clear, someone put it there...
Lets find a way to send back to sender!
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by Yankee101: 9:58am On Mar 14, 2022
Its probably a tag for endangered animals or tracking

Bush people
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by Nobody: 10:01am On Mar 14, 2022
Its a spy bird from Russia
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by Adjovi: 10:09am On Mar 14, 2022
We no get eagle for Nigeria
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by deavicky(m): 10:12am On Mar 14, 2022
Totilopussylick:
Could be that the bird came from Edo state
that bird flew all the way from a foreign zoo. Una come kill just for nothing
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by delpee(f): 10:14am On Mar 14, 2022
Hope the the bird is still alive. Any bird seen with a tracker should be taken to a research institute or at least a University campus where knowledgeable people can make enquiries about it.

Illiteracy is a disease indeed. sad
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by castins(m): 10:15am On Mar 14, 2022
This is a migratory bird, it flew out from a game reserves, they travel over the continents and return back to there base, its been used for studies of wild life of birds. Its unfortunate it died, anything can kill it.
okaroangel:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2022/03/12/confusion-in-ondo-community-as-bird-with-cipher-ring-falls-from-sky/%3futm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR0-B6WEHECLTmwBiK1B_wQCvyxj6w05oubKP8ssHRncw1G0dhhGJ-yrnio&amp=1
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by Thazard(m): 10:15am On Mar 14, 2022
Loewe:
Those are identification rings for migratory birds that were captured by conservationists and released back into the wild...

But how do you tell the unlettered, crude, superstitious African man this? cheesy grin

Even some of our pastors would pour anointing oil on it and claim it was a witch. cheesy grin

My thought exactly
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by Playermayweda(m): 10:17am On Mar 14, 2022
YorubaKinging:
The end is near

How this one take concern the thread?
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by Nobody: 10:18am On Mar 14, 2022
YorubaKinging:
The end is near

If you can’t ask your papa and mama why they created you, that’s a YOU problem fool. Stop projecting your ignorance and foolishness on others.

1 Like

Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by 77up(m): 10:19am On Mar 14, 2022
Richsteemit:
In line of trolling Yorubas, you are getting dumb unknowingly.

Shame !
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by Playermayweda(m): 10:20am On Mar 14, 2022
dohyn:
Honestly, the level of illiteracy in Nigeria is scary. But what is more annoying is that even some Nairalanders will say this an evil bird.
You have access to Internet and can't use it to learn knowledge. Naijabet na the thing wey dem sabi.

Anyways, that bird is part of a scientific study and the ring on It's leg is being used to track It's movements. It is well.

Aswear bro u accurate as mad, the people of that area are plagued with superstition, illiteracy, hunger, thieves and lack of basic amenities like electricity, if you go there it's like another world entirely there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Captures Crocodile In Lagos Island. Drags It On The Ground, Police Spotted / Optimus: Elon Musk Is Building A Lifelike Human Tesla ROBOT Next Year (Pix) / Bat Shot Dead In An Office In Onitsha, Anambara State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.