Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Criteria For Choosing A God-parent - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Criteria For Choosing A God-parent (702 Views)

Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) / Having Ones Immediate Uncle As God Parent During Child Baptism / Who Is A God-fearing Individual? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Criteria For Choosing A God-parent by pslm23(f): 2:58pm On Jun 30, 2011
This might come across as a silly question to some people but I honestly would like to know especially from those that have kids, "what were the qualities you looked out for before deciding on the person you picked as your baby's god-parent"? What if you have lots of very good friends, were you torn between who to pick? and after you made your choice, did you have to explain to your other friends why you didn't choose them?

We are having a baby shower for my girlfriend and co-worker next week. This girl is so sweet and friendly BUTĀ  she is friends with virtually everybody in this office (all 800+ employees)! Everybody here love her and her baby shower plans being organised by the employees, is like nobody has ever seen. But she is so confused and worried over who she will pick as the god-parents to her twins when they are born. Everybody (including me of courseĀ  grin ) have told her that we want to be god-parents. The poor thing is literally hyperventilating over this issue. Apparently, this is a big thing in foreign countries!

By the way, what is the role of a god-parent?
Re: Criteria For Choosing A God-parent by iice(f): 6:16pm On Jun 30, 2011
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-683542.0.html

There's info there on the role of godparents.

Eyah hard when you have to pick someone.

I think if you have friends who understand and know you, you don't have to explain. But then again, it's people. You may end up having to explain. Tough.
Re: Criteria For Choosing A God-parent by pslm23(f): 8:45pm On Jun 30, 2011
Thanks iice! grin I enjoyed reading Siena's post and all the responses!
Re: Criteria For Choosing A God-parent by tpia5: 9:11pm On Jun 30, 2011
dont remember who mine are.

not sure what they're supposed to be doing.

(1) (Reply)

What You Must Know About Next Of Kin Issues / Empowering Women In The Fight Against Child Abuse / So Many Songs For Mothers Neva Heard Any For Fathers Whats The Grudge.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.