Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,742 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

For Remote Work, What Internet Speed Do You Use. What's The Recommended Speed - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / For Remote Work, What Internet Speed Do You Use. What's The Recommended Speed (2430 Views)

I'm About To Start Applying For Remote Jobs. Any Tips? / As A Python Developer, Which IDE Do You Use? What Do You Think Of Pycharm / Remote Work: Your Experiences As A Remote Worker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Remote Work, What Internet Speed Do You Use. What's The Recommended Speed by Hannania(m): 10:34pm On Mar 13, 2022
Hello Developers!! So for Work,I use 40Mbs by an internet service provider here in lagos that cost around 29k monthly, plus 33k for installation.

What's yours? cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Remote Work, What Internet Speed Do You Use. What's The Recommended Speed by Mrchusenvessel(m): 10:47pm On Mar 13, 2022
Ff
Re: For Remote Work, What Internet Speed Do You Use. What's The Recommended Speed by Kvngfrosh(m): 11:09pm On Mar 13, 2022
Bro, you've gotten a job ni ?
Re: For Remote Work, What Internet Speed Do You Use. What's The Recommended Speed by LikeAking: 12:07am On Mar 14, 2022
U don get job

Wow!

Nice one.

Hope ur eyes are now beta.
Re: For Remote Work, What Internet Speed Do You Use. What's The Recommended Speed by airsaylongcome: 6:01am On Mar 14, 2022
Hannania:
Hello Developers!! So for Work,I use 40Mbs by an internet service provider here in lagos that cost around 29k monthly, plus 33k for installation.

What's yours? cheesy

Do you have an IPNX contact?
Re: For Remote Work, What Internet Speed Do You Use. What's The Recommended Speed by Hannania(m): 10:14am On Mar 14, 2022
LikeAking:

U don get job

Wow!

Nice one.

Hope ur eyes are now beta.

They're very much ok. Thanks
Re: For Remote Work, What Internet Speed Do You Use. What's The Recommended Speed by Hannania(m): 10:17am On Mar 14, 2022
Re: For Remote Work, What Internet Speed Do You Use. What's The Recommended Speed by airsaylongcome: 10:45am On Mar 14, 2022
Hannania:
Their web portal has it all.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://fos.ipnxnigeria.net/fos-plan.php&ved=2ahUKEwiT-bKqosX2AhVNxoUKHYLzC0wQFnoECAUQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2zCAvTIZIZ2UKZtvPMr8gO

I know of the Web portal. I'm looking for a direct contact who can come and run speed test where I am. I want to have a backup Internet connection
Re: For Remote Work, What Internet Speed Do You Use. What's The Recommended Speed by Hannania(m): 10:51am On Mar 14, 2022
airsaylongcome:

I know of the Web portal. I'm looking for a direct contact who can come and run speed test where I am. I want to have a backup Internet connection

+234 1 628 1111
Re: For Remote Work, What Internet Speed Do You Use. What's The Recommended Speed by airsaylongcome: 10:57am On Mar 14, 2022
Hannania:

+234 1 628 1111

Ty

1 Like

Re: For Remote Work, What Internet Speed Do You Use. What's The Recommended Speed by Obas101(m): 2:29pm On Mar 14, 2022
pls i need a tech job (front end vue or react) I'm based in abuja... I don't mind remote as well... thanks
Re: For Remote Work, What Internet Speed Do You Use. What's The Recommended Speed by Maclink288: 8:06pm On Mar 14, 2022
airsaylongcome:

I have... in portharcourt
Re: For Remote Work, What Internet Speed Do You Use. What's The Recommended Speed by irynterri(f): 4:27pm On Aug 20, 2022
Hannania:

What's yours? cheesy
congrats on your job, I have been following your story, did you get your job through microverse or stutern?
Re: For Remote Work, What Internet Speed Do You Use. What's The Recommended Speed by Hannania(m): 5:38pm On Aug 20, 2022
irynterri:
congrats on your job, I have been following your story, did you get your job through microverse or stutern?
. I didn't enroll to stutern as earlier intended. I self taught to get to my current role.

1 Like

Re: For Remote Work, What Internet Speed Do You Use. What's The Recommended Speed by irynterri(f): 10:17pm On Aug 20, 2022
Hannania:
. I didn't enroll to stutern as earlier intended. I self taught to get to my current role.
wow, congrats

1 Like

Re: For Remote Work, What Internet Speed Do You Use. What's The Recommended Speed by Vicky2k(m): 4:48am On Aug 21, 2022
Hannania:

+234 1 628 1111

IPNX is sort of Pricey for me. Which other ISP is Reliable within Mainland Axis.
Re: For Remote Work, What Internet Speed Do You Use. What's The Recommended Speed by Hannania(m): 7:05am On Aug 21, 2022
Vicky2k:

IPNX is sort of Pricey for me. Which other ISP is Reliable within Mainland Axis.
You can Use Spectranet's Wifi offering. It's cheap. IPNX is mainly for enterprise customers. But reliable.
Re: For Remote Work, What Internet Speed Do You Use. What's The Recommended Speed by Techstar: 7:32am On Aug 21, 2022
Hannania:
wow, what about microverse, did you finish their program?
Re: For Remote Work, What Internet Speed Do You Use. What's The Recommended Speed by Hannania(m): 9:06am On Aug 21, 2022
Techstar:
wow, what about microverse, did you finish their program?
Took a break, due to the job I started a while back. But I've done the Ruby module. When I resume again, I'll finish up the rails and capstone
Re: For Remote Work, What Internet Speed Do You Use. What's The Recommended Speed by Deicide: 2:29pm On Aug 21, 2022
With Glo I get 64Mbps that's about 8MB/s
Re: For Remote Work, What Internet Speed Do You Use. What's The Recommended Speed by Techstar: 3:40pm On Aug 21, 2022
Hannania:
Took a break, due to the job I started a while back. But I've done the Ruby module. When I resume again, I'll finish up the rails and capstone
Why are you doing the course when you already have a remote job? You are a big dev already. shocked
Re: For Remote Work, What Internet Speed Do You Use. What's The Recommended Speed by Hannania(m): 4:05pm On Aug 21, 2022
Techstar:
Why are you doing the course when you already have a remote job? You are a big dev already. shocked
Instarted learning Ruby with them. Besides, I owe my open source contributions to the insights they gave on pull requests and proper use of Version control. And also, I have a $15k agreement to settle with them grin

1 Like

Re: For Remote Work, What Internet Speed Do You Use. What's The Recommended Speed by Techstar: 5:56pm On Aug 21, 2022
Hannania:
Instarted learning Ruby with them. Besides, I owe my open source contributions to the insights they gave on pull requests and proper use of Version control. And also, I have a $15k agreement to settle with them grin
Okay, if you say so embarassed

1 Like

Re: For Remote Work, What Internet Speed Do You Use. What's The Recommended Speed by northbird: 9:07am On Aug 31, 2022
Hannania:
They're very much ok. Thanks

Kindly share your story, what path did you take? What and what did you learn, your challenges?
Re: For Remote Work, What Internet Speed Do You Use. What's The Recommended Speed by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:29pm On Sep 02, 2022
Hannania:

What's yours? cheesy
Boss is it really unlimited?
Re: For Remote Work, What Internet Speed Do You Use. What's The Recommended Speed by Hannania(m): 4:09pm On Sep 02, 2022
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Boss is it really unlimited?
Yeah. Though the speed reduces after you consume around 200gb.
Re: For Remote Work, What Internet Speed Do You Use. What's The Recommended Speed by airsaylongcome: 4:21pm On Sep 02, 2022
Hannania:
Yeah. Though the speed reduces after you consume around 200gb.

Fair Use Policy can be crazy sometimes. But 200gb speed cap is fair enough for someone who works asynchronously. My kind of job I'd be screwed with any reductions in speed. Another thing people need to consider is the router that their ISP provides. For months I was having speed bottle neck with the default router FibreOne provides. Switched to a more capable Mikrotik router and boom! speed bottleneck disappeared (but they are charging me like crazy for a Static IP)
Re: For Remote Work, What Internet Speed Do You Use. What's The Recommended Speed by Hannania(m): 5:44pm On Sep 02, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Fair Use Policy can be crazy sometimes. But 200gb speed cap is fair enough for someone who works asynchronously. My kind of job I'd be screwed with any reductions in speed. Another thing people need to consider is the router that their ISP provides. For months I was having speed bottle neck with the default router FibreOne provides. Switched to a more capable Mikrotik router and boom! speed bottleneck disappeared (but they are charging me like crazy for a Static IP)
Lol, sometimes it depends on the base station your AP is facing. And yeah, 200gb for that price is actually good.

For your static ip, you shouldn't expect less cheesy
Re: For Remote Work, What Internet Speed Do You Use. What's The Recommended Speed by DivergentThinka(m): 10:08pm On Sep 04, 2022
I
Hannania:

What's yours? cheesy

I am thinking of choosing between IPNX and spectranet, which do you advise ?
Re: For Remote Work, What Internet Speed Do You Use. What's The Recommended Speed by Hannania(m): 11:50pm On Sep 04, 2022
DivergentThinka:
I

I am thinking of choosing between IPNX and spectranet, which do you advise ?
I've not used the latter, but I can vouch for the former 100%
Re: For Remote Work, What Internet Speed Do You Use. What's The Recommended Speed by Vicky2k(m): 4:50am On Sep 05, 2022
What of Tizetti and WiFi.com.ng. Any one with experience of those.
Re: For Remote Work, What Internet Speed Do You Use. What's The Recommended Speed by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:28am On Sep 06, 2022
Hannania:
I've not used the latter, but I can vouch for the former 100%
How about MTN 4g mifi, is it sufficient?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vb.net Or C#.net / Programmers' Joke Picked Off The Net / C++/python/qt Or .net

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.