Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

The Value Of Prophecy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Value Of Prophecy (771 Views)

2014 Prophecy By W.f. Kumuyi Of Deeper Life / Prophet Tb Joshua 2014 Prophecy About APC & PDP / Nigeria To Defeat Guinea? - Videos of prophecy - TB Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Value Of Prophecy by yommyuk: 9:23pm On Jun 30, 2011
Prophecy is a tremendous gift that G
od has given to His Church. It is full of incredible benefits both individually and corporately. Here is a list of some of the values of receiving this gift into our lives and churches.

PROPHECY BRINGS HEALING

Proverbs 25:11
Timely advice is lovely, like golden apples in a silver basket.

Accepting the comfort and edification available thru prophecy can heal a broken heart. As one great man of God wrote, “Hurts, wounds rejections and emotional trauma are a part of our lives, both before and after salvation.  The Good News is that we serve a God who is committed to our healing at every level (Physical, mental, and emotional). The goal of God is wholeness of life and fullness of the Spirit. Prophecy is a wonderful part of that healing and renewing process. Prophecy brings us, by direct verbal communication, into contact with God’s real perspective on our lives and current situations.

PROPHECY DEEPENS OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD

When we ponder how the God of all creation cares enough to send a personal message from His heart, no matter what the function of the prophecy, it causes us to stop and think about what our individual value to him must be.  Receiving his Word brings a new appreciation of God’s deep love and care for us. It reminds us of our position with Him. As in any relationship, communication is key to reaching deeper levels. When God communicates with us, and we respond to Him, our relationship becomes deeper and more meaningful.

PROPHECY PROVIDES DIRECTION AND RENEWED VISION

When we receive God’s Word, we often gain a clearer understanding of where He is leading us. Knowing where we are heading causes us to focus more intently on the plans and goals God has for us. New excitement and vision are often direct results of the prophetic word that brings us direction.

PROPHECY BRINGS BIBLICAL INSIGHT

Ephesians 3:4-5
As you read what I have written, you will understand my insight into this plan regarding Christ. God did not reveal it to previous generations, but now by his Spirit he has revealed it to his holy apostles and prophets.

Prophecy must line up with the written Word of God. This being the case, the revelation that comes thru prophecy often opens up new insights and inspires deeper understanding of mysteries of Christ plan for us individually and collectively as the body of Christ. It can also serve as a catalyst for understanding biblical truths that we have not seen or understood before.

PROPHECY CONFIRMS
God uses a number of ways to communicate with us. It may come thru reading the Scripture or hearing a message or counselling a friend. God delights in confirming His message to us. He often uses prophecy to say something to us that we may have heard in some other form.

PROPHECY WARNS

God does not want us ensnared by our own sin or by schemes of the devil. Prophecy, delivered in love, often warns us that our own sin will result in calamity and despair down the road if we do not repent and turn to God. Prophecy also warns us of traps the enemy has set for us. After the birth of Jesus, the wise men were warned not to return to Herod.  Likewise, Mary and Joseph were prophetically warned to flee to Egypt and stay there until the Lord spoke to them, in order to spare Jesus from Herod’s plot to kill Him. Paul was also warned by Jesus in Acts 22:18:
“Make haste and get out of Jerusalem quickly, for they will not receive your testimony concerning Me”

Because God sees the destiny He has for us, He often uses prophetic word to warn us of the snares the evil one has set up to destroy our destined purposes.

PROPHECY BRINGS SALVATION

John 16:8
And when he comes, he will convict the world of its sin, and of God’s righteousness, and of the coming judgement.

Prophecy can uncover past history which needs to be amended. It can provide an agenda for repentance, restitution and revival.

PROPHECY RELEASES NEW PRATICES INTO THE CHURCH

There is nothing new under the sun, but there are diverse administrations.  The administration of the 13th century will not work in the 21st century. By “new practices,” I do not mean a departure from the core values of the body of Christ. But there are new methods of operation and administration God is revealing to the Church that will burst us forth into new practices and new strategies that will work for the 21st century. Life means movement, so the minute we stop moving forward, we run the risk of facing death. Therefore, one of Satan’s greatest strategies is to get us caught up in yesterday’s methods. Prophecy breaks us out of the old methods and into new methods that are relevant for today.

PROPHECY PROVIDES INSIGHT INTO COUNSELING

Whenever I faced a challenge, I sometimes rely on the prophetic voice of God to provide me with the understanding I need . The Lord often reveals to me what the problem is and what the root is, and then gives me a prophetic word to unlock the strategy that I will need to move forward in God’s plan for my life. Go to show that prophecy can be an effective method of counselling.

PROPHECY SHOWS US HOW TO PRAY
At times our prayer lives can be stalled. Yet when we know the will of God in a certain area, we have great fuel for our prayer lives. It enables us to focus on key prayer points that are relevant to our situation.

PROPHECY RELEASES STRATEGY FOR WARFARE

Praying thru a prophetic word often entails spiritual warfare.

1 Timothy 1:18
“Timothy, my son, here are my instructions for you, based on the prophetic words spoken about you earlier. May they help you fight well in the Lord’s battles."

Joshua also received prophetic instruction on the warfare he was to wage in order to see the walls of Jericho all (Joshua: 1-5). A strategy I used a while back when I was seeking God’s face to broaden my horizon.  Many times we see the enemy, but we don’t wait for God’s strategy to find out how to wage war against him. Prophecy provides us with the strategy we need to war against the enemy who strives to keep God’s plan from manifesting in our lives. We often gain wisdom for knowing how to wage war.

PROPHECY STIRS FAITH

Prophecy can change things. When our spirits receive a word from the Lord, we know that there is hope and a way to see that prophetic word fulfilled. Remember, God prophesied into Joshua’s life in Joshua 1:3
“I promise you what I promised Moses; ‘WHEREVER YOU SET FOOT, YOU WILL BE ON LAND I HAVE GIVEN YOU”

The rest is history.

CONCLUSION

Have you received your prophetic word from God for your life? If not, seek and you shall find. Ask and it shall be given unto you. For the God who prophesied in Joshua 1:5
“No one will be able to stand against you as long as you live. For I will be with you as I was with Moses. I will not fail or abandon you”

Take this Scripture and seed it into your heart and allow it to grow.
God Bless. wink
Re: The Value Of Prophecy by yommyuk: 2:23am On Jul 01, 2011
The next topic will be ------------ JUDGING PROPHECY

(1) (Reply)

Why Are So Many Evangelical Christian Leaders Caught In Scandals? / Wu-tang Clan - Wu-revolution Lyrics / Church Wants Donations For Pastor’s Wife In Limo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.