Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,541 members, 7,816,314 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Please Help!!! An Issue With My International Passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please Help!!! An Issue With My International Passport (1162 Views)

Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport / Two Men cling To A Moving Car In Order To Settle An Issue in Lagos (Pix, Video) / Just Collected My International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help!!! An Issue With My International Passport by humurphia(m): 9:32am On Mar 17, 2022
hello friends,

i had my International passport done this year and I used my surname , first name and two other names when registering for it ( the international passport bears: Azodi Obi Ade Williams ).
While on my education B.sc/nysc document, i have my surname,  first name and just a single other name( the certificate bears : Azodi Obi Ade ).

The problem now is that I intend going for my masters in Austria and will please  like to know if the additional name "Williams on my International passport will  be a problem?

if it might be a problem,  may i know the steps to take  to give the immigration  officers or school an explanation on why i have an additional name"williams" on my passport and not on my certificate . 

I appreciate  your knowledge and reply  on this ,thanks.
Re: Please Help!!! An Issue With My International Passport by rickpat(m): 9:40am On Mar 17, 2022
humurphia:
hello friends,

i had my International passport done this year and I used my surname , first name and two other names when registering for it ( the international passport bears: Azodi Obi Ade Williams ).
While on my education B.sc/nysc document, i have my surname,  first name and just a single other name( the certificate bears : Azodi Obi Ade ).

The problem now is that I intend going for my masters in Austria and will please  like to know if the additional name "Williams on my International passport will  be a problem?

if it might be a problem,  may i know the steps to take  to give the immigration  officers or school an explanation on why i have an additional name"williams" on my passport and not on my certificate . 

it won't be a problem....no need stressing yourself....if the school has issues with the name. they will tell you to explain why and ask you do an affidavit...BUT I STRONGLY KNOW YOU WONT HAVE ANY ISSUE. . BECAUSE YOU HAVE THREE NAMES ON YOUR DOCUMENTS ALSO AVAILABLE ON YOU INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT
Re: Please Help!!! An Issue With My International Passport by Ebubu: 9:44am On Mar 17, 2022
humurphia:
hello friends,

Just go and swear a court affidavit at the nearest high court to you, that both names on the two certificates are one and the same person.

Present the written affidavit to the school and take it with you to obtain visa incase they should ask for it

1 Like

Re: Please Help!!! An Issue With My International Passport by humurphia(m): 11:17am On Mar 17, 2022
rickpat:
it won't be a problem....no need stressing yourself....if the school has issues with the name. they will tell you to explain why and ask you do an affidavit...BUT I STRONGLY KNOW YOU WONT HAVE ANY ISSUE. . BECAUSE YOU HAVE THREE NAMES ON YOUR DOCUMENTS ALSO AVAILABLE ON YOU INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT
phew!! what a relief. I Very much appreciate your response
Re: Please Help!!! An Issue With My International Passport by humurphia(m): 11:18am On Mar 17, 2022
Ebubu:

Just go and swear a court affidavit at the nearest high court to you, that both names on the two certificates are one and the same person.

Present the written affidavit to the school and take it with you to obtain visa incase they should ask for it
okay. Will do just that, thanks

1 Like

Re: Please Help!!! An Issue With My International Passport by VanuatuWycombe: 4:44pm On Mar 17, 2022
humurphia:
hello friends,

The embassy will give you form where all names you bear will be written by you. Just be consistent when filling the form.

(1) (Reply)

What Is On Lagos/ibadan Expressway: / Are Nairaland Users In The Uk? / Nigerian Businessmen In South Africa - What Are You Doing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.