Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,187 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? (15873 Views)

One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? / I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? / NYSC: How My Baby And I Passed Out In Style (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Mar 19, 2022
Hi All,

Please what is the process for a married woman to observe her NYSC programme in her husband state of residence.

I was told we need to do change of name, go to court and get marriage certificate or so..

What reliable steps can one take?

1 Like

Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by funshint(m): 6:44pm On Mar 19, 2022
POSmecrhant:
Hi All,

Please what is the process for a married woman to observe her NYSC programme in her husband state of residence.

I was told we need to do change of name, go to court and get marriage certificate or so..

Cc mynd44 lalasticlala
You'll provide your proof of marriage when you get to the camp. From there you'll be redeployed to your husband's state or Local govt of residence after the 3wks orientation.

35 Likes

Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by ademidedavid(f): 8:02am On Mar 23, 2022
Evidence of marriage certificate, news paper change of name, redeployment later and above all,

Run away from those boys because so many married women dey too collect for camp

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by NaughtyBrainiac: 8:03am On Mar 23, 2022
I don't think change of name is compulsory. A marriage certificate from a court of law should suffice.

Please note that marriage certificate from Church or Mosque would most likely NOT be accepted.

5 Likes

Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by nkemoma(m): 8:03am On Mar 23, 2022
Carry Belle

3 Likes

Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by Kunlelee: 8:03am On Mar 23, 2022
In your registration and when you're posted, you'll need your marriage certificate as means of evidence in camp.
Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by Drsnives(m): 8:04am On Mar 23, 2022
Wahala for who carry pregnancy go serve.
Kudos to the men weh dea like hama their wives b4 service to aviod another small boy give her Belle for camp cos bit.ches ain't loyal

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:05am On Mar 23, 2022
Simple
Go with you Court wedding certificate n apply for redeployment letter sikena...... For fast process go with 7 month Jr inside ur tommy

3 Likes

Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by Ugaboy: 8:05am On Mar 23, 2022
U want to watch her doings...sharp guy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by vb0mb(m): 8:05am On Mar 23, 2022
Do what others are doing.

I hope u get it.
Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by Onyeedum(m): 8:06am On Mar 23, 2022
Here to learn.
Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by TriCee: 8:06am On Mar 23, 2022
Small matter. Just give them marriage certificate for camp, then redeploy. Doesn't always work though.

Much easier if you're already pregnant.
Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by jospepper(m): 8:08am On Mar 23, 2022
As a married woman with proof, you have the privilege to redeploy after the orientation. So just apply.
Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by purpleicious(f): 8:08am On Mar 23, 2022
Tender your change of name publication,and your marriage certificate to nysc when filling your form.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by Lightorder: 8:11am On Mar 23, 2022
funshint:

You'll provide your proof of marriage when you get to the camp. From there you'll be redeployed to your husband's state or Local govt of residence after the 3wks orientation.
exactly what I did for my wife. From Gombe to Lagos
Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by Benny6944: 8:16am On Mar 23, 2022
DM for your redeployment to any state and LG. Thank you.
Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by Chairwoman: 8:19am On Mar 23, 2022
Provide the following documents:
1. marriage certificate.
2. Letter of domicile from the local government where you reside.
3. Electricity bill showing your address.
4. Husbands means of identification
5. Newspaper publication of change of name.

Upload the above on your portal and take both original of 1,2 and 5 to the camp.
You would be redeployed in 1 or 2 days, thereafter, you have to register in your new state of redeployment and you will be asked to apply for exeat( means you will be exempted from participating in the three weeks camp), after that you will be posted to serve in an organization in your local government... finally granting you your wish.

Ps: you do not have to travel to where you were originally deployed just go to the camp in the state your husband lives and apply for redeployment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by priestchurch(m): 8:23am On Mar 23, 2022
U shd ve applied for her deployment base on marital status during her NYSC registration, to avoid all dis unnecessary stress. All d same get ur marriage certificate and change of name certificate they may demand for news paper publication of d change of name..

4 Likes

Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by Karlebolu(m): 8:25am On Mar 23, 2022
Just tell them you are married with evidence like pictures or belle. It should be enough and trust me, you will serve in your husband's house.

1 Like

Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by ExtraUniqueGuy(m): 8:25am On Mar 23, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
I don't think change of name is compulsory. A marriage certificate from a court of law should suffice.

Please note that marriage certificate from Church or Mosque would most likely NOT be accepted.

It's not about what you think, it's about the official requirements (Marriage certificate, Newspaper change of name, Husband's letter of appointment/location)
Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by Lightorder: 8:26am On Mar 23, 2022
Marriage certificate from the court, change of name well published in a well known daily. Mine was in the SUN newspaper. Just a copy of it and the court marriage certificate. She was quickly redeployed to Lagos. Quicker than I expected
Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by waze63(m): 8:29am On Mar 23, 2022
POSmecrhant:
Hi All,

Yes..... My friend's wife just got back frm camp, she was posted to our state
Infact it's only 2 days she spent in camp

She's a nursing mother though

2 Likes

Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by Avast(m): 8:39am On Mar 23, 2022
Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by Avast(m): 8:42am On Mar 23, 2022
Chairwoman:
Provide the following documents:
1. marriage certificate.
2. Letter of domicile from the local government where you reside.
3. Electricity bill showing your address.
4. Husbands means of identification
5. Newspaper publication of change of name.

Valid

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jewel Of The Savannah. / corp Members Posted To Benue State, Lets Meet Here. / modified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.