Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,976 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? (17343 Views)

I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? / NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? / NYSC: How My Baby And I Passed Out In Style (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by Tri7nity: 8:35pm On Jul 15, 2023
With the level of graduate unemployment in Nigeria, were you me asking yourself what you will do after NYSC and boom you were done with service. One year after, how has it gone? Share your experiences. Let's learn together

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by Fab21: 5:37am On Jul 16, 2023
Uhhmm !

Omo!
Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by Theunderman: 11:59am On Jul 16, 2023
3 months in am already broke like mad, sapa is not your mate, bt we hope for the best

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by YourBestWriter: 8:15pm On Jul 16, 2023
it is 9 years now and counting for me. Finished service in 2015. I stay with my parents in the village now, and I have been their burden for years. Everything just stood still after service year, and the worst was I was unable to save.

Even my hands are tied with no money in my account. I tried to carry block in a block industry, but each labourer together agreed to refuse me that opportunity because they say that I am ajebo, and I don't belong to block industries. I don't know how they find out that I am a book person even though I tried so hard to hide it.

Sometimes I pray for a quick painless death, but everyday God kept providing food for me to eat like as if he doesn't want me to die. But i kept on arguing with him till this day in my prayers. I beg him to take my wretched life painlessly, but it is as if he's enjoying my pains.

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by aronski(m): 9:26pm On Jul 16, 2023
YourBestWriter:
it is 9 years now and counting for me. Finished service in 2015. I stay with my parents in the village now, and I have been their burden for years. Everything just stood still after service year, and the worst was I was unable to save.

Even my hands are tied with no money in my account. I tried to carry block in a block industry, but each labourer together agreed to refuse me that opportunity because they say that I am ajebo, and I don't belong to block industries. I don't know how they find out that I am a book person even though I tried so hard to hide it.

Sometimes I pray for a quick painless death, but everyday God kept providing food for me to eat like as if he doesn't want me to die. But i kept on arguing with him till this day in my prayers. I beg him to take my wretched life painlessly, but it is as if he's enjoying my pains.

Damn bro! This is painful. Am yet to serve though (still schooling) but most times I think we are bound to follow processes and norms set by society and they don't seem to favour most of us in any way. Probably by not going to serve and venturing into something/doing something else before serving might change this day/feeling though.

I might be wrong, but am just saying. I pray God lifts u up. Stay strong!

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by sageb: 11:04am On Jul 17, 2023
YourBestWriter:

Really?
I hope you find closure soon
Your location?

5 Likes

Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by slawomir: 12:30pm On Jul 17, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Isoright
Grab my weed to read and laugh about people suffering
If you like call me wicked I don't give a fuckkk
I can only start feeling ya all pains only if you start stepping into the polling unit without sentiment and tribalism

fk001:

Sharap there with your bandwagon mentality. What assures you that your candidate is better or will do anything different.
Hahah....like I said I know the problem of Nigeria
It is tribalism and sentiments.
If a man wins the region and state where there are enlightened, exposed, educated and more Liberal people then that man is supposed to be the president
But we ruined it with religion and tribalism
And you expect me not to rejoice at people's suffering from now? You must be joking

65 Likes 8 Shares

Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by Risingblue008(m): 12:30pm On Jul 17, 2023
Since I rounded up my acada in 2009,
I later found out dt,
Work go hard to get for the country,
Do u pple knows d numbers of students that graduates every year?
Roughly 5-8million,
Now
Whr d work dey?
E good make person go school,
But e dey more better if u get that HANDWORK,
e get why

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by Binta69(f): 12:31pm On Jul 17, 2023
Well

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by shollyshine(m): 12:31pm On Jul 17, 2023
Hmm
Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by zanebaddo(m): 12:31pm On Jul 17, 2023
Lolzzz
Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by Galaxyss(m): 12:31pm On Jul 17, 2023

Nigeria is doomed. The number for graduate is more than the available opportunity, majority even choose to be underemployed just for the survival sake.

4 Likes

Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by Bahose3: 12:32pm On Jul 17, 2023
Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by PlutoChief: 12:32pm On Jul 17, 2023
The reality is real mehn!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by Radson: 12:32pm On Jul 17, 2023
undecided
Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by obinna58(m): 12:32pm On Jul 17, 2023
Hot hot for everybody, they promised it’ll be better but it’s getting worst

It’ll keep getting worst until Nigeria breaks up, Nigerian population should be nothing less than 15 countries, if a country cannot organize themselves, identify it’s citizens problems and know what works for them in every sector then it should be divided

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by Theactor(m): 12:32pm On Jul 17, 2023
What i have see and learn in this life is that grace should just locate someone couple with hardworking oo,grace without hardwork cannot work.
in this life,I have seen who work so hard and earn peanut and seen who work not too hard and making good money,it drawn to the fact that life is a mystery
to all fellow strugglers, I pray grace locate us,is so depressing and sad not knowing how future will hold,but let keep hope alive and have a strong faith that things will turn out better.
it is well.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by ecomalchemistt(m): 12:33pm On Jul 17, 2023
Una funny o...JOB for this present day Nigeria..how much dem wan pay you ? 😂

You lost your job not your LIFE. You don't need a job, you need a business and side hustles that fetch you daily income.

No JOB in Nigeria...but theres work you can turn into a fulltime JOB.

Your kids can't inherit your job..(JUST OVER BROKE)...start something and scale it.....put your life into it.....

We are over 200 million Nigerians , sell to 1% of that population and smile to the bank.

Times have changed..you need start thinking radically.

Where do you reside currently, you'd need to roll up your sleeves and hit the ground running immediately.

If you are in Lagos or any of the cosmopolitan cities, you need some tools.

- Phone , internet , Laptop (not necessary) , facebook, instagram page, twitter, jumia, konga, facebook marketplace, jiji , etc.

List your products on those platforms..You can start with 100k - 1M...

- go and learn how to run ads (facebook , instagram , google ads , SEO )

- know how to take good pictures.

- use a good logistics company for deliveries.

Enter street, look for big time importers, negotiate with them. Tell them you will bring customers and sell thier products very fast.

One of the hot products i started out with and grew it to a 6 figure business > >

https://www.nairaland.com/7403742/zealot-s67-wireless-speaker-60w

Look for a business that is offline, bring it online and get them sales, make a lot of money.
Not just money...

You will build your confidence.
Your influence will grow, and...
You’ll attract more opportunities to yourself.
You need to start operating smartly.

Look for a business that is offline, bring it online and get them SALES.
Thank me later when you hit your first M

Combine it with POS and bill payment , Fast Moving Consumer Goods business.

Stay safe.

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by Theactor(m): 12:33pm On Jul 17, 2023
YourBestWriter:

you are not alone bro
is a sad experience
I just pray help come our way
you will be depressed and dieing inside
no wonder the popular saying that hands that touch ground is what devil find work for.
my greatest thank to God is having the spirit of contentment, in today societies around us,a lot of youths are in the same situation hence the breeding of internet scam around,it take the grace of God to stand different and not look at that,despite how hard it is,I am strong believer of legality and will stand by it till end of times,and hope too dey,no matter how hard it is,things can be well,no one know tomorrow
cheer up bro.one love.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by Delightsome2023: 12:33pm On Jul 17, 2023
We that were exempted from going to NYSC due to age factor due to age, what will you say about us then?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by Jeezuzpick(m): 12:34pm On Jul 17, 2023
Hmmmmm......

E be like say OP wan hear stories dat touch today.

Well, it's more likely we will hear takes of woe than wonderful stories, anyway.

People wey don dey chop better no go wan show to avoid billing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by Britishcoins(m): 12:34pm On Jul 17, 2023
The best decision I have made in my life is not to go higher institution immediately after secondary school... Thank God for that apprenticeship years.. Today business has been my source of joy.. To all the youths who are still in school try and learn any skill...
Nigeria is doomed

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by Delightsome2023: 12:34pm On Jul 17, 2023
Theunderman:
3 months in am already broke like mad, sapa is not your mate, bt we hope for the best
you no been fit save from your allawee?
Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 12:34pm On Jul 17, 2023
Shege
Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by Cloudflare: 12:34pm On Jul 17, 2023
Damn!

No Sane guy should hope on Salary work after NYSC. Get your ass to the Labour market and hustle. Dump your certificates and degrees one side and hustle like never before. I learnt this years ago after listening to "The power of productivity" by apostle Joshua Selma! Hustle and start a business for yourself no dey wait for Salary work except of course it is FG job.

14 Likes

Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 12:35pm On Jul 17, 2023
It is favouring me and my family

5 Likes

Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by DanielsParker(m): 12:35pm On Jul 17, 2023
I’m 29. 8 years now for me since I passed out. Hasn’t been easy, I’ve never been employed all my life but someway some how I’ve managed to survive and make life easy for myself. I own a car, and several other properties , and I have got an apartment. Hopefully I should start processing my travel papers next year.

My advice, don’t wait for manna from heaven. Make a move and liberate yourself.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by CTee1: 12:35pm On Jul 17, 2023
I graduated in 2013, served 2015, got a job 2016, lost the job 2018, God came through for me 2022 with another job till date no matter what the case may be don't give up on yourself.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by omoadeleye(m): 12:36pm On Jul 17, 2023
We dey push am
Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by Delightsome2023: 12:37pm On Jul 17, 2023
YourBestWriter:

hope this isn't fiction.
I can relate sha.
@ bolded Baba no matter how you try hard to hide, it's always obvious you're not part of them, maybe they were you spoke or look

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NYSC Mobilisation Time Table For 2011 Batch 'C' / Should I Serve In Zamfara Or Redeploy? / NYSC: Osaghe Osaigbovo Remanded In Custody For 'Criminal Trespass And Forgery'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.