Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,677 members, 7,813,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

Former Afghanistan Finance Minister Is Now Uber Driver In Washington DC - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Former Afghanistan Finance Minister Is Now Uber Driver In Washington DC (2023 Views)

Niger Ex-finance Minister Cries After Told To Explain Missing Funds Or Die / Trump Cheered As He Drives Through "MILLION MAGA MARCH" Rally In Washington DC / George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Afghanistan Finance Minister Is Now Uber Driver In Washington DC by moneycentral20: 5:07pm On Mar 20, 2022
Days before Afghanistan fell to the Taliban last August, Ashraf Ghani, the Afghan president, was “welcomed” to the United Arab Emirates. He was alleged to have taken with him $169m, from his country’s treasury.

Six months on, Khalid Payenda, once Ghani’s finance minister, is driving an Uber in Washington DC.

“If I complete 50 trips in the next two days, I receive a $95 bonus,” Payenda told the Washington Post, from behind the wheel of a Honda Accord.

The 40-year-old once oversaw a US-supported $6bn budget for Afghanistan. The Post reported that in one night earlier this week, he made “a little over $150 for six hours’ work, not counting his commute – a mediocre night”.

The Post recorded Payenda telling one passenger his move from Kabul to Washington had been “quite an adjustment”.

He also said he was grateful for the opportunity to be able to support his family but, “Right now, I don’t have any place. I don’t belong here and I don’t belong there. It’s a very empty feeling.”

Afghanistan faces a humanitarian and economic crisis, assets frozen and cut off from international aid that would require recognition of the Taliban government which replaced the US-supported regime.

https://moneycentral.com.ng/exclusive/article/former-afghanistan-finance-minister-is-now-uber-driver-in-washington-dc/

1 Like

Re: Former Afghanistan Finance Minister Is Now Uber Driver In Washington DC by Gentlerespect76: 5:08pm On Mar 20, 2022
Re: Former Afghanistan Finance Minister Is Now Uber Driver In Washington DC by LeoDeKing: 5:14pm On Mar 20, 2022
Which of the Afghaneastern?

The one in the Middle East or West Africa?

6 Likes

Re: Former Afghanistan Finance Minister Is Now Uber Driver In Washington DC by FERNANDEZISBACK: 5:16pm On Mar 20, 2022
Haha does he have a choice..this ain't your nation boy..this is west..you have to fend for yourself.. grin

Now you will understand how it feels to work your @ss off for some money.. cheesy
Re: Former Afghanistan Finance Minister Is Now Uber Driver In Washington DC by Xhuntra: 5:16pm On Mar 20, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Always sounding off point undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former Afghanistan Finance Minister Is Now Uber Driver In Washington DC by majamajic(m): 5:19pm On Mar 20, 2022
Nice
Re: Former Afghanistan Finance Minister Is Now Uber Driver In Washington DC by LeoDeKing: 5:19pm On Mar 20, 2022
Xhuntra:

Always finding his way into my mention. grin
Re: Former Afghanistan Finance Minister Is Now Uber Driver In Washington DC by Mofun: 5:38pm On Mar 20, 2022
I commend his courage. The government he served in was overthrown and the country was thrown in disarray. What else? At least he isn't into any crime to tarnish his image.

#Please check my signature.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former Afghanistan Finance Minister Is Now Uber Driver In Washington DC by tossie101(f): 6:29pm On Mar 20, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Air brain..
And when they gave birth to this one his parents jollied that they got a son. grin

3 Likes

Re: Former Afghanistan Finance Minister Is Now Uber Driver In Washington DC by ganye1: 6:49pm On Mar 20, 2022
This is an indication that he did not steal his country’s money.

1 Like

Re: Former Afghanistan Finance Minister Is Now Uber Driver In Washington DC by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 6:52pm On Mar 20, 2022
This cannot happen in Nigeria and Africa

moneycentral20:
Days before Afghanistan fell to the Taliban last August, Ashraf Ghani, the Afghan president, was “welcomed” to the United Arab Emirates. He was alleged to have taken with him $169m, from his country’s treasury.

Six months on, Khalid Payenda, once Ghani’s finance minister, is driving an Uber in Washington DC.

“If I complete 50 trips in the next two days, I receive a $95 bonus,” Payenda told the Washington Post, from behind the wheel of a Honda Accord.

The 40-year-old once oversaw a US-supported $6bn budget for Afghanistan. The Post reported that in one night earlier this week, he made “a little over $150 for six hours’ work, not counting his commute – a mediocre night”.

The Post recorded Payenda telling one passenger his move from Kabul to Washington had been “quite an adjustment”.

He also said he was grateful for the opportunity to be able to support his family but, “Right now, I don’t have any place. I don’t belong here and I don’t belong there. It’s a very empty feeling.”

Afghanistan faces a humanitarian and economic crisis, assets frozen and cut off from international aid that would require recognition of the Taliban government which replaced the US-supported regime.

https://moneycentral.com.ng/exclusive/article/former-afghanistan-finance-minister-is-now-uber-driver-in-washington-dc/
Re: Former Afghanistan Finance Minister Is Now Uber Driver In Washington DC by Joeyfizzo: 6:54pm On Mar 20, 2022
Xhuntra:

he is not sounding off point....he is right with d question....the OP Shud specify.
Re: Former Afghanistan Finance Minister Is Now Uber Driver In Washington DC by Xhuntra: 6:57pm On Mar 20, 2022
Joeyfizzo:
he is not sounding off point....he is right with d question....the OP Shud specify.

You can ask ur mother to specify for u
Re: Former Afghanistan Finance Minister Is Now Uber Driver In Washington DC by Iceberg3: 6:57pm On Mar 20, 2022
LeoDeKing deoldmnKEY grin :

Always finding his way into my anus and rectum generated mention. grin

2 Likes

Re: Former Afghanistan Finance Minister Is Now Uber Driver In Washington DC by Efulefu(f): 7:05pm On Mar 20, 2022
A good leader, He doesnt loot. He is legit since before leaving govment
Re: Former Afghanistan Finance Minister Is Now Uber Driver In Washington DC by Ekoblendedsince: 7:11pm On Mar 20, 2022
He said he doesn't belong here or there, so where does he belong?
Re: Former Afghanistan Finance Minister Is Now Uber Driver In Washington DC by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 20, 2022
I think he is pretending to be broke, but my advice for him is to be careful before him go carry a Taliban member for him Uber car one day...
Re: Former Afghanistan Finance Minister Is Now Uber Driver In Washington DC by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:03pm On Mar 20, 2022
Jesus my boy...That's exactly what the indigenes of yewa and igangan are doing now in benin Republic but Noooo, people that are in thier territory gidigba even after war,you wan make fun of them...Are you sure you are on reality check ?..He fled from his country,just like your people fled from their country..Show sympathy

LeoDeKing:

Re: Former Afghanistan Finance Minister Is Now Uber Driver In Washington DC by Joeyfizzo: 8:21pm On Mar 20, 2022
Xhuntra:

You can ask ur mother to specify for u
hahaha e pain am. I will shook my two feet in that ur Ibo mama toto
Re: Former Afghanistan Finance Minister Is Now Uber Driver In Washington DC by Joeyfizzo: 8:24pm On Mar 20, 2022
ganye1:
This is an indication that he did not steal his country’s money.
is it by like dat?
Re: Former Afghanistan Finance Minister Is Now Uber Driver In Washington DC by VictorUSA(m): 9:45pm On Mar 20, 2022
Keep driving Uber my dear friends.
Re: Former Afghanistan Finance Minister Is Now Uber Driver In Washington DC by PumpumPrince: 11:03am On Jul 08, 2022
tossie101:

Air brain..
And when they gave birth to this one his parents jollied that they got a son. grin

how much?
Re: Former Afghanistan Finance Minister Is Now Uber Driver In Washington DC by compton11(m): 11:23am On Jul 08, 2022
When the other afghaniEASTERN is actualized,that's how igbos like obi,obiano and so on will run to Yorubaland to drive as Uber grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

See How Adolf Hitler Used Alien To Develop Weapon / Breaking News Iran: President Trump Bans All Muslims From Entering United States / This Associated Press Analysis Shows That Trump Can Still Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.