Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,319 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Russia; Have The West Truly Exhausted All Thier Cards? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia; Have The West Truly Exhausted All Thier Cards? (233 Views)

USA Tell Kyiv To Let Russia Have Crimea So As Not To Risk An All Out War / Driver ‘rams Israeli Checkpoint’ As Deadly Violence Engulfs The West Bank( Pics) / Russia Have Banned Any Form Of Religion Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia; Have The West Truly Exhausted All Thier Cards? by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:34am On Mar 23, 2022
Before now, it was from one sanction to another against Russia. CNN and BBC was bustling as western countries rolled out all the sanctions. Sanctions no one ever imagined could be enacted against Russia. Nobody ever believed US could sanction Russian oil. Never before has a country been this sanctioned. Never. Not even Iran.

So now that they have finished sanctioning, so what else?

What's now the way forward?

Have the killing stopped?
Have the bombs stopped flying?
Has the bitterness and enmity subside?
Have the sanctions buried the possibility of the use of nuclear weapons?

I've suddenly come to the sad realization that today's world leadership has completely failed. The possibility of a nuclear cataclysm has become more real than it ever have.
I for one thought that the world powers occupied those positions and we're allowed to possess nuclear weapons because of the level of their civilization, education and maturity. I thought the ability to be able to reach one another and always come to some form of understanding on critical issues was always there.

What is the purpose of the United Nations? I must ask? The tendency for the United Nations to be bought over by big money and power defeats its very essence.
So who now will save the world?

I'm thinking in my mind, because everybody just dey misbehave

4 Likes

Re: Russia; Have The West Truly Exhausted All Thier Cards? by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 23, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Before now, it was from one sanction to another against Russia. CNN and BBC was bustling as western countries rolled out all the sanctions. Sanctions no one ever imagined could be enacted against Russia. Nobody ever believed US could sanction Russian oil. Never before has a country been this sanctioned. Never. Not even Iran.

So now that they have finished sanctioning, so what else?

What's now the way forward?

Have the killing stopped?
Have the bombs stopped flying?
Has the bitterness and enmity subside?
Have the sanctions buried the possibility of the use of nuclear weapons?

I've suddenly come to the sad realization that today's world leadership has completely failed. The possibility of a nuclear cataclysm has become more real than it ever have.
I for one thought that the world powers occupied those positions and we're allowed to possess nuclear weapons because of the level of their civilization, education and maturity. I thought the ability to be able to reach one another and always come to some form of understanding on critical issues was always there.

What is the purpose of the United Nations? I must ask? The tendency for the United Nations to be bought over by big money and power defeats its very essence.
So who now will save the world?

I'm thinking in my mind, because everybody just dey misbehave
The UN has no purpose. It lost its post war purpose because the big nations like the UK, Canada, Germany and co lost credibility and became satellites of a very powerful US. It became a social gathering where everyone comes to echo what US diplomats has pre distributed to them. The moment you come up with a contrary opinion, you become earmarked. The world urgently needs a new framework. Not a UN that the US can brush aside to invade a sovereign Iraq and no big nation dared to challenge it nor impose sanctions against it on the international format. The few big nations who have been vocal are therefore vilified using western media. This is the problem. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

6 Likes

Re: Russia; Have The West Truly Exhausted All Thier Cards? by Appleyard(m): 10:48am On Mar 23, 2022
It's sad that the UN has lost its bearing on global politics and it's current inability to curtail and checkmate the excesses of members of the permanent security council means it will end up like it predecessor, the League of Nations. It's high time the so-called Third-world nations of the earth form their own world body devoid of the current crop of developed troublemakers in the west.

6 Likes

Re: Russia; Have The West Truly Exhausted All Thier Cards? by ken6488(m): 1:22pm On Mar 23, 2022
Un is literally USA vs Russia
All the rest are puppet country

4 Likes

Re: Russia; Have The West Truly Exhausted All Thier Cards? by seunny4lif(m): 4:06pm On Mar 23, 2022
UN lost their value when USA and allies invaded over 10 countries without UN approval.
USA and allies destroyed UN and now, same USA and lapdogs are calling UN that they turned to toothless.

Russia started operation against Ukraine which was pushed by same USA and allies not to give Russians in Eastern Ukraine any form of freedom.
Ukraine government banned Russia language

2 Likes

Re: Russia; Have The West Truly Exhausted All Thier Cards? by seunny4lif(m): 4:23pm On Mar 23, 2022
Russia Ruble have hit all time high since March after Russia President announced that Russia will only accept Ruble as a form of payment for Russia oil and gas.

The ruble is now at its strongest point against the dollar and euro since March 2nd, after plummeting due to sweeping U.S./EU sanctions

— Benchmark European gas prices rose as much as 21% in Amsterdam

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

3 Star United States General LOL / Islamic Terrorisms Rock Togo And Benin Republic / The World On Edge: Are We On The Verge Of Global Starvation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.