Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,907 members, 7,814,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator (15925 Views)

Single Nigerian Ladies In Diaspora, Any Reason Why You Turn Down Our Guys? / How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? / Lady Tried To Turn Off Gas In Her Kitchen. See What Happened Next. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by jaelz(m): 9:58am On Mar 24, 2022
I would like to know what time you usually turn on and off your Generator set during this massive heat and fuel scarcity period, mine is turned on around 9 p.m and switched off by 12:00 p.m on the dot.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Hezzyluv: 10:00am On Mar 24, 2022
On 10pm off 2am.
I don't even wakeup to off it, I just guage the quantity of fuel that can take me within 4hours and pour into the gentank before going to bed.

103 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by iiifeoma320(f): 12:22pm On Mar 24, 2022
No idea though it depends on time

1 Like

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Risingblue008(m): 12:22pm On Mar 24, 2022
I don't have a particular time.
As for me,as long as I dey house and light no dey,my gen must be standby.
Reason is that,
As a bet9ja agent,I no go dey burn gen for my shops 24/7
Then light no go dey for my dwelling place,
My gen dey steam steady.
Na two gen for house Incase one mess up
grin grin grin
Life is sweet,relaxed if only u do a legit job.
To all the legit hustlers
The sky shall be ur limit,
Better days ahead

159 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Exkandayee(m): 12:22pm On Mar 24, 2022
I don't have generators and never joined grid,,,,,I just carry pannels ehh full rooof,I no dey play, I really spent alot on that shit I swear

156 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by WibusJaga: 12:22pm On Mar 24, 2022

Vigilante no de allow Gen pass 12 midnight here.

Quite ridiculous to think that the huge amount spent on importing & running generators in this country can conveniently fix the problems of our power sector.

15 Likes

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by adekanmbi1986(m): 12:23pm On Mar 24, 2022
Hmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by IKBARUTEN11(m): 12:23pm On Mar 24, 2022
No time op

Everything na on manage level now.

On normal, my gen dy go off anytime the half litre of fuel I put inside am finish
grin cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Sunnydoo: 12:23pm On Mar 24, 2022
Generator on holiday here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by stephenabudu959(m): 12:23pm On Mar 24, 2022
I'm using my generator for center table

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Oluwapresley(m): 12:23pm On Mar 24, 2022
This is a very good question!

Personally, I only turn on the gen when I there is the need and usually the need arises from work related activities that need me to power up my system when it is dead.

On rare occasions I put it on for guests if the house is hot or when my phone is dead for more than a certain number of hours.

But you see my neighbors ennn. God. It's as if their former life na Yankee them stay. Their gen is always on!!!! Noise pollution everyday and night. If they seize power around 3am, they would go downstairs to put on their individual gens. It has been hell!!! I can't make calls or listen to stuffs online in the evening from my room. I have to go to the sitting room and sit there.

It's sad!

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Deltatoto: 12:23pm On Mar 24, 2022
jaelz:
I would like to know what time you usually turn on and off your Generator set during this massive heat and fuel scarcity period, mine is turned on around 9 p.m and switched off by 12:00 p.m on the dot.
24hrs light here we don’t have a gen

2 Likes

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by adekanmbi1986(m): 12:23pm On Mar 24, 2022
jaelz:

You mean 12am??

10 Likes

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by KUNZEH(m): 12:23pm On Mar 24, 2022
9pm-12am
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Timoleon(m): 12:23pm On Mar 24, 2022
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Kakamorufu(m): 12:23pm On Mar 24, 2022
I never buy gen

6 Likes

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Unityp: 12:23pm On Mar 24, 2022
6:30pm-9:30pm

5 Likes

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by verybadmouth(m): 12:23pm On Mar 24, 2022
Mine is on now. I am a mobile dev and work from home. I need to power gadgets 24/7

4 Likes

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Teeneyo(m): 12:23pm On Mar 24, 2022
And dis one dey FP

Anyways i no get gen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by dultraray: 12:23pm On Mar 24, 2022
I don't have generator
I moved into an area with constant light, didn't think of buying until recently

3 Likes

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by DropsMic(m): 12:23pm On Mar 24, 2022
Gone are those days
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Bmaster(m): 12:24pm On Mar 24, 2022
U must turn it off by 11pm.

That's our constitution in our yard,
Everybody no go do tarry night coz u on generator

Edit:
Failure to keep with the above rule attracts a penalty of #100.
And yet the gen will still be turned off.

9 Likes

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Tonyx5(m): 12:24pm On Mar 24, 2022
L
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by sneak3(m): 12:24pm On Mar 24, 2022
On 7pm and off it 7:15pm.. just to check something.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by uncleck: 12:24pm On Mar 24, 2022
I live in a public compound. I on my gen anytime I like, but I make sure I off it by 11 pm and don't on it again till it's 6 am. I do it for the consideration of other neighbors especially those that don't have gen. They all deserve peaceful sleep at night.

It pains me that a certain neighbor of mine on his own by 10 or 11 and leave it on till around two or three

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by dododawa1: 12:24pm On Mar 24, 2022
12pm if beer no dey body BUT overnight if beer enter body too much.

1 Like

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by diplomat058(m): 12:24pm On Mar 24, 2022
Hezzyluv:
On 10pm off 2am.
I don't even wakeup to off it, I just guage the quantity of fuel that can take me within 4hours and pour into the gentank before going to bed.
That may have long term weakening effects on the gen

3 Likes

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by twilliamx(m): 12:24pm On Mar 24, 2022
Still on
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Easylifelomo(m): 12:25pm On Mar 24, 2022
On 6pm, off 6am. Heat is too much

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sisters-In-Law: Why Do They Change So? / Emir Warns Peasants Against Polygamy / Two Gay Men Got Married In Lagos (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.