Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,201 members, 7,815,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Deadly Canadian Sniper "Wali" Reappears, Blasts Russian Propaganda That He Died - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Deadly Canadian Sniper "Wali" Reappears, Blasts Russian Propaganda That He Died (61448 Views)

Coward Canadian Sniper, Wali, Deserts Ukraine / Canadian World Deadliest Sniper "Wali" Killed In Ukraine / Khalil Haqqani: Wanted Al Qaeda Terrorist With $5m Bounty Reappears In Kabul (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deadly Canadian Sniper "Wali" Reappears, Blasts Russian Propaganda That He Died by Faithful007: 1:50pm On Mar 24, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uCLYAXuQPo

A feared Canadian sniper has shut down claims he was killed in Ukraine but has revealed he was nearly blown up by a Russian tank that shelled the room next to his.

Last week rumours began circulating online that the former Canadian Forces sniper, known only as Wali, was killed while fighting Russian troops near Kyiv.

In a Facebook post and a subsequent interview, Wali, who travelled to Ukraine to answer President Volodymyr Zelensky's calls for foreign fighters, confirmed he was alive and continuing with the fight.

In a Facebook post which included a picture of himself lying in a ball pit while holding a rifle, he wrote: 'I am alive.
'The rumors that I died in the fight were completely ridiculous. The truth is we have taken the enemy's ground in addition to causing him losses. Unfortunately, we also lost comrades, dead and injured.

'The Russians are afraid of a close fight. They prefer to bomb, over and over again, destroying houses, such as frustrated thugs.'

The sniper-turned-filmmaker from Montreal uses the name given to him by the Afghan people while he was on one of two tours of duty with the Canadian Royal 22nd Regiment, so as not to be identified by Vladimir Putin who he fears may target his family in Canada.

Speaking to Canada's Global News this week, Wali said he is 'well-fed, rested and all good'.

'I was the last person to learn the news that I was dead,' he added.

'I think it’s just trolling. But I think it’s strange because after a while the enemy will lose credibility with this propaganda. I don’t understand why they push such lies. It’s pretty obvious because after a few days I’m popping out and telling everyone I’m alive.

'Maybe the next time [the Russians] say that I’m dead it might be true but no one will believe them.'

Wali, who served in Afghanistan and Iraq during the 2010s, said he has been fighting alongside the Ukrainian Armed Forces in the Kyiv region and revealed he was nearly blown up when he engaged in a battle with Russian troops who shot at the room next to him - about three metres away - with shells from a tank.

'We were lucky,' he added. 'Now I know how it feels to be engaged by a tank.'

He also revealed one of his colleagues was shot during one of the first patrols he was part of in Ukraine, but survived.

Wali, who left behind a fiancée, one-year-old son and a comfortable life as an IT programmer to answer Ukraine's plea for foreign recruits, said the war in Ukraine is unlike any other warzones he has been to.

'Most combat zones have no electricity and no water and it’s chaos. If you go in the centre [in Kyiv], it’s alright', he told Global News.

'In one of the patrols I was in an amazing condo — you could have the same one in Toronto.'

He described the war effort as being 'amateur' and said the Russians 'don’t have the capabilities of NATO forces'.

Wali previously described the moment he answered the call to join the Ukrainian volunteer forces as being 'like a firefighter who hears the alarm ringing.'

He crossed into Ukraine on March 1, and said he and the three other former Canadian soldiers who made the journey with him were greeted with hugs, handshakes, flags and photos by Ukrainians after they crossed the frontier.

Wali honed his sharpshooting skills during a 12-year career in the Canadian army.

He was first deployed to Afghanistan in 2009 when he spent six months fighting alongside US troops in Kandahar, returning a year or so later to mentor Afghan police.

After leaving the military, Wali embarked on his first stint as a freedom fighter in 2015, joining up with Kurdish forces for four months as they battled ISIS terrorists in northern Iraq.

In June 2017, one of his comrades reportedly shot dead an Islamic State terrorist from an incredible distance of 3,450m - more than two miles away for the longest ever kill shot.

PICTURE: Wali posted the picture on Facebook to prove he's alive
VIDEO: Wali grants a live interview on the situation in Ukraine

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10644305/Feared-Canadian-sniper-Wali-shuts-claims-killed-Ukraine.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhWlMt0w1yw

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deadly Canadian Sniper "Wali" Reappears, Blasts Russian Propaganda That He Died by FERNANDEZISBACK: 1:52pm On Mar 24, 2022
Look at Putin's puppet viewing this but will be too ashamed to utter anything.. grin
I remember when those kids created a thread spreading rumor concerning his death..I even told them to drop a proof but they couldn't.. cheesy

Wali is alive and strong..those who want him dead can keep crying.. cheesy
Putin's puppet will always cry on this thread as usual.. Putin is getting whooped in Ukraine.. grin grin
Shame on all Putin's puppet... grin
*Pukes*

286 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Deadly Canadian Sniper "Wali" Reappears, Blasts Russian Propaganda That He Died by Kastonkastroll(m): 1:53pm On Mar 24, 2022
Sniper wey never shoot even one rat; dat one na sniper? undecided

God bless mother Russia. Ukraine can keep on winning the war on cnn, bbc, social media, etc. But Putin is giving it to them hot-hot in reality. When will the comedian beg Nigerian parliament to send our troops to Ukraine? Because thats what the comedian is doing everyday in European parliaments grin

69 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Deadly Canadian Sniper "Wali" Reappears, Blasts Russian Propaganda That He Died by Drenimarcus(m): 1:54pm On Mar 24, 2022
Show us pictures of him in Ukraine to dispel the Russian propaganda, else : he is dead.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Deadly Canadian Sniper "Wali" Reappears, Blasts Russian Propaganda That He Died by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:54pm On Mar 24, 2022
i guess the picture he posted is in Ukraine, abi?!?!? come on bro, the dude must be seriously injured or worst!

6 Likes

Re: Deadly Canadian Sniper "Wali" Reappears, Blasts Russian Propaganda That He Died by KingOfTheDamned: 1:55pm On Mar 24, 2022
Oh well

2 Likes

Re: Deadly Canadian Sniper "Wali" Reappears, Blasts Russian Propaganda That He Died by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:55pm On Mar 24, 2022
Drenimarcus:
Show us pictures of him in Ukraine to dispel the Russian propaganda, else : he is dead.

he must be seriously injured or already dead, as the pic posted is nowhere near Ukraine!

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Deadly Canadian Sniper "Wali" Reappears, Blasts Russian Propaganda That He Died by FERNANDEZISBACK: 1:55pm On Mar 24, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
i guess the picture he posted is in Ukraine, abi?!?!? come on bro, the dude must be seriously injured or worst!
You sure can keep quiet so as not to sound weird..show us the injury and stop wailing.. grin

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deadly Canadian Sniper "Wali" Reappears, Blasts Russian Propaganda That He Died by Faithful007: 1:59pm On Mar 24, 2022
Drenimarcus:
Lol. He's not.

The picture he posted was from Ukraine. In addition to that, he granted an live interview to one of Canadian media houses to dispel the rumors. He said he learnt of the rumor late else he would have done it earlier. You can watch the interview on YouTube.

He blasted the Russian military on spreading lies and misinformation, They can't sustain a ground fight and are only good at launching cruise missiles. The same reason Ukraine wants a no-fly zone. It will give them an upper hand in the war. They have a better trained infantry.

124 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Deadly Canadian Sniper "Wali" Reappears, Blasts Russian Propaganda That He Died by Faithful007: 2:01pm On Mar 24, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

he must be seriously injured or already dead, as the pic posted is nowhere near Ukraine!
He granted an interview too. Will he be injured and be granting interviews?

Watch the interview here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uCLYAXuQPo

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deadly Canadian Sniper "Wali" Reappears, Blasts Russian Propaganda That He Died by ValCon888: 2:02pm On Mar 24, 2022
It's extremely difficult to kill a sniper. Because they stay faraway from the war front unlike regular infantry.
An elite sniper can stay in one spot under camouflage for more than three days trying to blend with the environment while waiting for the perfect shot.

Their specialty is to kill high value targets, senior officers like colonels and generals in order to halt the chain of command and deplete morale. Don't be surprised many of these Russian generals were taken out by snipers.

251 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Deadly Canadian Sniper "Wali" Reappears, Blasts Russian Propaganda That He Died by Kastonkastroll(m): 2:04pm On Mar 24, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Look at Putin's puppet viewing this but will be too ashamed to utter anything.. grin
I remember when those kids created a thread spreading rumor concerning his death..I even told them to drop a proof but they couldn't.. cheesy

Wali is alive and strong..those who want him dead can keep crying.. cheesy
You this brainwashed fella. Bet you are waiting for the fall of putin and great mother Russia; newsflash, that will never ever happen.

America and NATO will always cry and very soon the comedian will be captured in his bunker grin

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Deadly Canadian Sniper "Wali" Reappears, Blasts Russian Propaganda That He Died by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:10pm On Mar 24, 2022

1 Like

Re: Deadly Canadian Sniper "Wali" Reappears, Blasts Russian Propaganda That He Died by Tmberwolf1: 2:15pm On Mar 24, 2022
Kastonkastroll:
Sniper wey never shoot even one rat; dat one na sniper? undecided

God bless mother Russia. Ukraine can keep on winning the war on cnn, bbc, social media, etc. But Putin is giving it to them hot-hot in reality. When will the comedian beg Nigerian parliament to send our troops to Ukraine? Because thats what the comedian is doing everyday in European parliaments grin
Putin boys are pained grin grin grin

86 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deadly Canadian Sniper "Wali" Reappears, Blasts Russian Propaganda That He Died by Faithful007: 2:16pm On Mar 24, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
hhmm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhWlMt0w1yw
I wanted to quote your comment with that video before you changed it. Now you can stop arguing.

2 Likes

Re: Deadly Canadian Sniper "Wali" Reappears, Blasts Russian Propaganda That He Died by FERNANDEZISBACK: 2:25pm On Mar 24, 2022
Kastonkastroll:
You this brainwashed fella. Bet you are waiting for the fall of putin and great mother Russia; newsflash, that will never ever happen.

America and NATO will always cry and very soon the comedian will be captured in his bunker grin
Ok kiddo...give me a reason why i should give you a befitting response? undecided

37 Likes

Re: Deadly Canadian Sniper "Wali" Reappears, Blasts Russian Propaganda That He Died by Padipadi(m): 2:45pm On Mar 24, 2022
Noted. Putin die, die, die!

13 Likes

Re: Deadly Canadian Sniper "Wali" Reappears, Blasts Russian Propaganda That He Died by nkemoma(m): 5:29pm On Mar 24, 2022
Wish we could donate all members of the NPF and Armory to Ukraine.

Let Buhari lead from the front.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deadly Canadian Sniper "Wali" Reappears, Blasts Russian Propaganda That He Died by emmabest2000(m): 5:31pm On Mar 24, 2022

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deadly Canadian Sniper "Wali" Reappears, Blasts Russian Propaganda That He Died by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 24, 2022
cry

Food don land for FERNANDEZISBACK and his Nairaland Azov Battalion grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deadly Canadian Sniper "Wali" Reappears, Blasts Russian Propaganda That He Died by LoneWolf200(m): 5:31pm On Mar 24, 2022
If you know how to manage a farm call me on 08024768616, urgent with good pay.
Re: Deadly Canadian Sniper "Wali" Reappears, Blasts Russian Propaganda That He Died by Godada(m): 5:31pm On Mar 24, 2022
Re: Deadly Canadian Sniper "Wali" Reappears, Blasts Russian Propaganda That He Died by godofuck231: 5:31pm On Mar 24, 2022
So russia should attack Canada now abi, ok hold on
Re: Deadly Canadian Sniper "Wali" Reappears, Blasts Russian Propaganda That He Died by DoctorOlasDesk: 5:31pm On Mar 24, 2022
Putin wankers
Re: Deadly Canadian Sniper "Wali" Reappears, Blasts Russian Propaganda That He Died by WarriAproko: 5:31pm On Mar 24, 2022
Faithful007:
Lol. He's not.

The picture he posted was from Ukraine. In addition to that, he granted an live interview to one of Canadian media houses to dispel the rumors. He said he learnt of the rumor late else he would have done it earlier. You can watch the interview on YouTube.

He blasted the Russian military on spreading lies and misinformation, They can't sustain a ground fight and are only good at launching cruise missiles. The same reason Ukraine wants a no-fly zone. It will give them an upper hand in the war. They have a better trained infantry.
why ukraine nor dey shoot their missles too. Always complaining about groundfight.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obama Meets His Half-Sister, Auma In Kenya Today (Photos) / Why Kim Jong Un Mercedes 'Toilet Car' Goes Wherever He Goes / #FreeZuma Looting: South African Man Carries Home A Looted ATM Machine (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.