Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,680 members, 7,823,919 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Free Robotics Lessons Online. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Free Robotics Lessons Online. (584 Views)

How Can I Get Robotics, Coding, ICT Training For Kids In Enugu Nigeria? / Are You Interested In Robotics And Artificial Intelligence? / Artificial Intelligence And Robotics In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Free Robotics Lessons Online. by Jeunge: 3:51pm On Mar 24, 2022
Hey guys I am here with a free and amazing offer no time to type epistles.

Don't just view please let's take action. cool

Are you interested in learning the basics of arduino?
Are you passionate about providing solutions fr others?
Are you available for classes online?

Then enter our whatsapp group let's learn.

==========INTRODUCTION============

This program is an initiative of www.examstark.com
and the goal is to train 1000 people this year.
We hope to make it yearly but let's see how it goes.

Examstark is basically a past question bank for higher institutions, you can upload your past questions there for others, you can also provide solutions and vote for correct solutions, all these gives you a place on the leaderboard and then you get a chance to win in our giveaways.

Back to arduino here is the link to the group

https:///G8c7bDQUG8W1NKIQKWzlrs
Please like and share we start when the group is full.

#ASUU strike, # learn a skill, # learn robotics #learn programming.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Free Robotics Lessons Online. by Jeunge: 4:30pm On Mar 28, 2022
Hey, so I thought about it and i decided to start here also.
This thread will be a learning area also.

So to start we have to go through an electronics refresher.

What is electricity

Really I find this question somehow hard to answer, because the word "Electricity" a few quirks in it's understanding which could be quite confusing, and I bet I am not alone because i have a hard time grasping the whole concept.
But we can just hang on to this for our purpose that electricity is

when electrical energy is moved.

We move on to what electronics is.
While I used to think before that electronics was stuff using small voltages and electrical meant higher voltages, electronic is actually a brunched word, it breaks down to electron mechanics
So essentially electronics deals with the control of electricity in a circuit obviously to achieve a purpose it also includes the different devices involved in this. Such as resistors, capacitors, etc.

what is voltage when I was talking about electricity the other time I said it had a few quirks, this is not really one of them, but voltage, current are more like descriptions related to electricity, so voltage is responsible for pushing electricity in a circuit, it's the force that moves it, he is the guy running things. A more realistic analogy would be a gas expanding from a place of higher pressure to lower pressure or water in a full tank flowing in a pipe to your empty bucket.
The higher the voltage the easier it is for electricity to flow.

Now what is current?
Current is the quantity of electricity flowing in a circuit or a part of it. There really isn't much to current but going back to our previous water analogy, current then becomes the water flowing in the pipe but we see that the quantity of water flowing through the pipe is strictly limited by the width of the pipe and that brings us to resistors.
What is resistance?
So essential resistance limits the flow of electricity yeah that's all and then whenever we get to the different components will begin to see different types of resistors but for now from our water analogy we see that resistance

Quick question: what will kill? current or voltage.

And the final term to be defined for our purpose is Power and we will describe that as the potential of charge to deliver energy.

Electric power can be expressed by current and voltage. And this is where Ohm's and Watt's formulas come in.

Drumrolls

Ohm's law say voltage across stuff (or let's say required to push current across) is the current through it multiplied by the resistance to current.

V = I × R
And for watt we have
P = V × I

Let me just complicate things a bit.

P = 2I × R

The end. (* for today)
Re: Free Robotics Lessons Online. by airsaylongcome: 11:18am On Mar 29, 2022
How the hell can P=2I x R when you have initially stated that

V=I x R and -----(1)
P= V x I --------(2)

Substituting (1) in (2) we get
P= (I x R) x I
P= I² x R ≠ 2I x R
Re: Free Robotics Lessons Online. by BRATISLAVA: 11:58am On Mar 29, 2022
airsaylongcome:

V=I x R and -----(1)
P= V x I --------(2)

P= (I x R) x I
P= I² x R ≠ 2I x R

Let's assume they made a typo on the superscript. Because if that's mathematics of today, people can die from these fundamental calculations.
Re: Free Robotics Lessons Online. by airsaylongcome: 1:37pm On Mar 29, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

Let's assume they made a typo on the superscript. Because if that's mathematics of today, people can die from these fundamental calculations.

I hope to God it is a typo. But if their business hustle is to try and win students then this elementary error is dangerous. Doesn’t look like this was typed on a phone.

1 Like

Re: Free Robotics Lessons Online. by Jeunge: 9:54am On Jul 27, 2022
airsaylongcome:

V=I x R and -----(1)
P= V x I --------(2)

P= (I x R) x I
P= I² x R ≠ 2I x R

Thanks, I really don't get how I typed that out, and how did you get raised to power part typed.
Re: Free Robotics Lessons Online. by airsaylongcome: 2:39pm On Jul 27, 2022
Jeunge:

Thanks, I really don't get how I typed that out, and how did you get raised to power part typed.

Sorry for my strong language as well. I use Microsoft SwiftKey which has the ability to do those

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders Please, I Need Your Help... / How My Learning Path Would Look Like When Im Ready To Start Learning To Code / My First Website.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.