Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,185 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

What Should I Go For, HND In Architecture Or 4 Month Intensive Coding/programmin - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Should I Go For, HND In Architecture Or 4 Month Intensive Coding/programmin (13149 Views)

Which Is Best, Architecture Or Civil Engineering / Hnd/bsc In Architecture/civil Engineering/building Technology Wanted!!! / Career In Architecture: How To Make A Career In Architecture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Go For, HND In Architecture Or 4 Month Intensive Coding/programmin by oenamaus1(m): 6:35pm On Mar 24, 2022
Good evening dear all, I am a guy around 30years, learnt draftsmanship and then went ahead to obtain a Diploma in Architectural technology.
I have been practicing for years now and I must say I'm good at what I do,at least I make money from the drawings, building executions and supervisions. I have read countless times how lucrative and the prospect coding and programming comes with in this age.
The question is, I have obtained the HND form of Federal polytechnic Ado but there's this program I registered for online and I have been selected out many appliccants to be part of the 50 persons that would be trained for 4 months for 7 days a week,(Monday to Wednesday virtual classes and Thursday to Sunday physical classes)
note: this comes with stipends but the bone of contention is once given admission for HND it would be upheaval to run such a program with my academics because Architecture itself comes with lots of commitments.
Extra.. During my ND days, I couldn't keep a girlfriend because Architecture no be your mate, outta about 120 of us, we had just 6 females and many didn't graduate with us because of their complacency.
Please i could make use of advices.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should I Go For, HND In Architecture Or 4 Month Intensive Coding/programmin by Nobody: 9:33pm On Mar 24, 2022
well,
this is an opportunity worth taking as only a few like this come by.
if you are good at architecture to the point you are making money out of it, you have both ND,DIPLOMA certificates...its very well advisable that you should also add a tech skill to your life, it would come in handy plus it would make your resume more effective and outstanding, yes you can't possibly focus on both at the same time..they all need full dedication and attention...

I advice u take the programming course,
good luck.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should I Go For, HND In Architecture Or 4 Month Intensive Coding/programmin by oenamaus1(m): 9:41pm On Mar 24, 2022
Is "r all you've got to say, space occupier?
Re: What Should I Go For, HND In Architecture Or 4 Month Intensive Coding/programmin by arthurwillia(m): 3:25pm On Mar 25, 2022
Lol why not both
Ogbeni run both of them you will survive

13 Likes

Re: What Should I Go For, HND In Architecture Or 4 Month Intensive Coding/programmin by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 25, 2022
none
Re: What Should I Go For, HND In Architecture Or 4 Month Intensive Coding/programmin by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 25, 2022
Go for coding.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should I Go For, HND In Architecture Or 4 Month Intensive Coding/programmin by ASHTAROTH: 3:26pm On Mar 25, 2022
My honest and biased advice is please forget the HND for now and go for the coding boot camp!

Although the question should be, 'which is your passion?'. Software Dev or Architecture. If you are just going into software dev cos you heard about the rave and 6-7 digits salary earnings, you may fiddle out soon. But if you are genuinely interested in software, please by all means run from architecture.

26 Likes

Re: What Should I Go For, HND In Architecture Or 4 Month Intensive Coding/programmin by GoodFaith: 3:27pm On Mar 25, 2022
Do both
If possible
or one after the other
It will all pay off

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should I Go For, HND In Architecture Or 4 Month Intensive Coding/programmin by Raxxye(m): 3:27pm On Mar 25, 2022
I think you shouldn't miss the opportunity to learn the coding.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Should I Go For, HND In Architecture Or 4 Month Intensive Coding/programmin by temmyyem: 3:27pm On Mar 25, 2022
You should do both, if possible, at the same time.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should I Go For, HND In Architecture Or 4 Month Intensive Coding/programmin by tillaman(m): 3:27pm On Mar 25, 2022
sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Should I Go For, HND In Architecture Or 4 Month Intensive Coding/programmin by abuhusna1: 3:27pm On Mar 25, 2022
Defer school admission go do coding

8 Likes

Re: What Should I Go For, HND In Architecture Or 4 Month Intensive Coding/programmin by Dialpad: 3:27pm On Mar 25, 2022
4 months intensive coding

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Go For, HND In Architecture Or 4 Month Intensive Coding/programmin by falcon01: 3:28pm On Mar 25, 2022
The later, As Long as you'll learn
Re: What Should I Go For, HND In Architecture Or 4 Month Intensive Coding/programmin by sherylbaky(f): 3:28pm On Mar 25, 2022
Go for the coding first, come back to HND

7 Likes

Re: What Should I Go For, HND In Architecture Or 4 Month Intensive Coding/programmin by FishFisher: 3:28pm On Mar 25, 2022
Where una dey see this bootcamp ? I need join one

1 Like

Re: What Should I Go For, HND In Architecture Or 4 Month Intensive Coding/programmin by SandraIkuboR(f): 3:28pm On Mar 25, 2022
Re: What Should I Go For, HND In Architecture Or 4 Month Intensive Coding/programmin by Mooh247: 3:29pm On Mar 25, 2022
You can always apply later for your HND... Take the free coarse first

3 Likes

Re: What Should I Go For, HND In Architecture Or 4 Month Intensive Coding/programmin by wallay77(m): 3:29pm On Mar 25, 2022
U know what to do...stop questioning us

4 Likes

Re: What Should I Go For, HND In Architecture Or 4 Month Intensive Coding/programmin by Shegricho: 3:29pm On Mar 25, 2022
With absolute seriousness is the coding programme, your future will be great.

With absolute seriousness in the HND, you are more likely to end up with regrets, disappointments and pain as the situation of things offer no hope to people who wield such certificates.

You know what to do already.

With tech you are unstoppable. Just ensure you read widely and able to build wonderful products with your skills and being able to present your results eloquently.

The future is yours. Cheers.

4 Likes

Re: What Should I Go For, HND In Architecture Or 4 Month Intensive Coding/programmin by Charlesdock(m): 3:29pm On Mar 25, 2022
Architecture is time demanding ooh.
Here is my advice: knowing you capability; that you can't manage both together. I will advice you stop the HND first and go for the bootcamp. You can apply for the HND program in the next Academic year. But you know this bootcamp will only be once and for all.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Go For, HND In Architecture Or 4 Month Intensive Coding/programmin by olaszydaruma(m): 3:30pm On Mar 25, 2022
Go for your HND. You can always try online classes anytime

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Go For, HND In Architecture Or 4 Month Intensive Coding/programmin by LikeAking: 3:30pm On Mar 25, 2022
Architecture

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Go For, HND In Architecture Or 4 Month Intensive Coding/programmin by mopige: 3:30pm On Mar 25, 2022
Okay
Re: What Should I Go For, HND In Architecture Or 4 Month Intensive Coding/programmin by nauto: 3:30pm On Mar 25, 2022
Go Get your certificate

Government training is like......
Re: What Should I Go For, HND In Architecture Or 4 Month Intensive Coding/programmin by Shakitibob0: 3:30pm On Mar 25, 2022
Better you focus on your drawings and construction...

Learn to be the best at what you do presently...

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Go For, HND In Architecture Or 4 Month Intensive Coding/programmin by Abujason: 3:32pm On Mar 25, 2022
oenamaus1:
Good evening dear all, I am a guy around 30years, learnt draftsmanship and then went ahead to obtain a Diploma in Architectural technology.
I have been practicing for years now and I must say I'm good at what I do,at least I make money from the drawings, building executions and supervisions. I have read countless times how lucrative and the prospect coding and programming comes with in this age.
The question is, I have obtained the HND form of Federal polytechnic Ado but there's this program I registered for online and I have been selected out many appliccants to be part of the 50 persons that would be trained for 4 months for 7 days a week,(Monday to Wednesday virtual classes and Thursday to Sunday physical classes)
note: this comes with stipends but the bone of contention is once given admission for HND it would be upheaval to run such a program with my academics because Architecture itself comes with lots of commitments.
Extra.. During my ND days, I couldn't keep a girlfriend because Architecture no be your mate, outta about 120 of us, we had just 6 females and many didn't graduate with us because of their complacency.

Stick with IT. Limitless opportunities ahead.
Re: What Should I Go For, HND In Architecture Or 4 Month Intensive Coding/programmin by thanksjosh005: 3:32pm On Mar 25, 2022
oenamaus1:

I think you can do both. Does the programming course comes before your admission? If so, start the coding course right away. But you have to have strategic planning to be able to juggle these after being offered admission. We seem to be in the same shoes. Only that, I'm being self taught while working and also waiting for an admission like you are.
Re: What Should I Go For, HND In Architecture Or 4 Month Intensive Coding/programmin by CyberWolf: 3:32pm On Mar 25, 2022
Run the coding and take it very serious, the reward is very satisfactory. Later you can continue with your HND.!
Re: What Should I Go For, HND In Architecture Or 4 Month Intensive Coding/programmin by Sltp: 3:33pm On Mar 25, 2022
Coding of course. Except you don't have enough interest.

A white lady in my school dropped her programming course because it caused her psychological problems but since you're not new to learning difficult concepts, I'm sure you'll cope

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Really About Working Hard? / To Become A Referee In Nigerian Globacom League? / Eric Osagie Resigns As Sun Newspaper MD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.