Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

God Knows What You Want But You Still Need To Ask! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Knows What You Want But You Still Need To Ask! (714 Views)

Somebody Asked, “but If God Knows What We Want, Why Do We Still Need To Ask?” / The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? / Man Writes Church To Ask For Refund Of Offerings He Gave From 1998 To 2017 (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Knows What You Want But You Still Need To Ask! by Nobody: 8:25am On Mar 25, 2022

2 Likes

Re: God Knows What You Want But You Still Need To Ask! by NaijaCuzin: 8:45am On Mar 25, 2022
Exactly

◄ Matthew 7:7 ►

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

New International Version

2 Likes

Re: God Knows What You Want But You Still Need To Ask! by Nobody: 8:46am On Mar 25, 2022
NaijaCuzin:
Exactly

◄ Matthew 7:7 ►

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

New International Version

Amen.
Re: God Knows What You Want But You Still Need To Ask! by LordReed(m): 8:53am On Mar 25, 2022
PastorMIsBack:
Duration: 1 minute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42L8Z6HhAgg

If I could read my children's minds I wouldn't need them to tell me their needs.
Re: God Knows What You Want But You Still Need To Ask! by adeoyekay(m): 9:04am On Mar 25, 2022
Yes
He knows but He just want us to open our mouth and ask HIM what we desire that is the reason why,he designed the mouth. To back it up read Jeremiah 33:3
Call unto me and I will answer you,he want us to call HIM.

1 Like

Re: God Knows What You Want But You Still Need To Ask! by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:10am On Mar 25, 2022
Pastor MLS I have a question...
Why do we need to ask since he already understand what's on our mind?
Can't he just grant our request?

Are you also gonna say the same thing concerning someone who is deaf and dumb..

1 Like

Re: God Knows What You Want But You Still Need To Ask! by isaiah4life(m): 9:11am On Mar 25, 2022
But why is it that when I ask most times, I don't receive answers.

Is there something I am missing?

This is disturbing to me, ma. I have been asking God for something since the beginning of this month, but nothing yet.

Can you help me with some reasons? cry

1 Like

Re: God Knows What You Want But You Still Need To Ask! by SurvivorM(f): 9:39am On Mar 25, 2022
Beautiful message, God knows our heart desires.
Just ask and it's shall be given unto you, good measures pressed down, shaken together and running over.
Good morning Ma from this side

1 Like

Re: God Knows What You Want But You Still Need To Ask! by xproducer: 9:43am On Mar 25, 2022
LordReed:

If I could read my children's minds I wouldn't need them to tell me their needs.

+++

That is not the point.

Apart from the joy of communing with one's Heavenly Father in Christ, Jesus the Son... another lesson to be gleaned from prayer is humility.

The fact that GOD has made provision for humankind to be reconciled back to Himself through Himself in the person of the Lord Jesus, the Christ - our great High Priest (Hebrews 2:17, 3:1, 4:14-15, 5:5, 6:20, 7)... to be able in faith and Truth to "come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need." - Hebrews 4:16... is a big deal!!!

+++

"Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time" - 1 Peter 5:6 (James 4:10)
Re: God Knows What You Want But You Still Need To Ask! by SurvivorM(f): 9:52am On Mar 25, 2022
isaiah4life:

This is disturbing to me, ma. I have been asking God for something since the beginning of this month, but nothing yet.

Sorry I know I am not pastorM but there was something that happened to me last year October.
I was really in need of finances to solve a problem that month and I cried begging God for any help but know what I didn't get the money, I had to borrow but still I didn't lose hope I prayed and thank God for helping me with someone that borrowed me the money.
So there I was owning money I couldn't pay but I still believe in God and didn't lose hope.
Do you know what happened the next month, I had 6x of that money from an unexpected source, I paid my debt and had more than enough money to do other things.
My point is believe in God no matter what even when you feel hopeless and maybe the time you need the thing has passed don't give up, God works in mysterious ways and nobody likes when someone only calls on him when they only need something talk less of God Almighty.

1 Like

Re: God Knows What You Want But You Still Need To Ask! by isaiah4life(m): 10:14am On Mar 25, 2022
Thank you for this honest reply. I will wait then. Thanks!

SurvivorM:

Sorry I know I am not pastorM but there was something that happened to me last year October.
I was really in need of finances to solve a problem that month and I cried begging God for any help but know what I didn't get the money, I had to borrow but still I didn't lose hope I prayed and thank God for helping me with someone that borrowed me the money.
So there I was owning money I couldn't pay but I still believe in God and didn't lose hope.
Do you know what happened the next month, I had 6x of that money from an unexpected source, I paid my debt and had more than enough money to do other things.
My point is believe in God no matter what even when you feel hopeless and maybe the time you need the thing has passed don't give up, God works in mysterious ways and nobody likes when someone only calls on him when they only need something talk less of God Almighty.
Re: God Knows What You Want But You Still Need To Ask! by MARYIAN(f): 11:00am On Mar 25, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Dear First answer this,if your net worth is 1 trillion, and you came across a crippled beggar, you already know the person needs money and help, but will you help the person without asking for your help? smiley
Re: God Knows What You Want But You Still Need To Ask! by FERNANDEZISBACK: 11:07am On Mar 25, 2022
MARYIAN:

Dear First answer this,if your net worth is 1 trillion, and you came across a crippled beggar, you already know the person needs money and help, but will you help the person without asking for your help? smiley
But I didn't create the cripple that way..if I knew what's on his mind and know that he was gonna be cripple..why then wouldn't I help him?
Re: God Knows What You Want But You Still Need To Ask! by LordReed(m): 11:13am On Mar 25, 2022
xproducer:

+++

That is not the point.

Apart from the joy of communing with one's Heavenly Father in Christ, Jesus the Son... another lesson to be gleaned from prayer is humility.

The fact that GOD has made provision for humankind to be reconciled back to Himself through Himself in the person of the Lord Jesus, the Christ - our great High Priest (Hebrews 2:17, 3:1, 4:14-15, 5:5, 6:20, 7)... to be able in faith and Truth to "come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need." - Hebrews 4:16... is a big deal!!!

+++

"Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time" - 1 Peter 5:6 (James 4:10)

The god concept is always needlessly complicated. You have a god that can read minds and knows all but wants to behave like a diva and have you grovel all the time just to have you sycophantically chanting his name. I don't think you critically take a look at these concepts but I understand, you have to accept it to continue to believe it.
Re: God Knows What You Want But You Still Need To Ask! by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 25, 2022
adeoyekay:

Call unto me and I will answer you,he want us to call HIM.

Amen.
Re: God Knows What You Want But You Still Need To Ask! by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 25, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

LordReed:

The god concept is always needlessly complicated. You have a god that can read minds and knows all but wants to behave like a diva and have you grovel all the time just to have you sycophantically chanting his name. I don't think you critically take a look at these concepts but I understand, you have to accept it to continue to believe it.

He hears our silent prayers so being deaf and dumb ain't no excuse.

Adam didn't ask for a wife but God knew he was lonely. What did Adam say after they sinned? It was the woman you gave me. In short, did I ask you for a wife? grin

Now, we need to ask grin
Re: God Knows What You Want But You Still Need To Ask! by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 25, 2022
isaiah4life:

He will in His own time if we don't ask amiss. He reads our minds so knows why we are really asking what we are asking.
Re: God Knows What You Want But You Still Need To Ask! by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 25, 2022
SurvivorM:
Beautiful message, God knows our heart desires.
Just ask and it's shall be given unto you, good measures pressed down, shaken together and running over.
Good morning Ma from this side

Amen.
Re: God Knows What You Want But You Still Need To Ask! by FERNANDEZISBACK: 12:11pm On Mar 25, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

He hears our silent prayers so being deaf and dumb ain't no excuse.

Adam didn't ask for a wife but God knew he was lonely. What did Adam say after they sinned? It was the woman you gave me. In short, did I ask you for a wife? grin

Now, we need to ask grin
Thanks for your input.. pastor MLS but why has God not granted the request of those who've been asking?
Re: God Knows What You Want But You Still Need To Ask! by Nobody: 12:17pm On Mar 25, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Thanks for your input.. pastor MLS but why has God not granted the request of those who've been asking?

He will, if we ask in His will, and if He knows it's in our favour, in His own time.

When my former pastor was mistreating me, I prayed every day that He should soften that pastor's heart towards me but God never answered my prayer.

I eventually left that Church and within 3 weeks, '1 Minute With Tina' was birthed. If God had answered my prayer, I would have still been in that Church and not be doing what I'm doing today.

I thank God for not answering.

1 Like

Re: God Knows What You Want But You Still Need To Ask! by FERNANDEZISBACK: 12:19pm On Mar 25, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

He will, if we ask in His will, and if He knows it's in our favour, in His own time.

When my former pastor was mistreating me, I prayed every day that He should soften that pastor's heart towards me but God never answered my prayer.

I eventually left that Church and within 3 weeks, '1 Minute With Tina' was birthed. If God had answered my prayer, I would have still been in that Church and not be doing what I'm doing today.

I thank God for not answering.
So you are saying God answers people prayer at his own will and ease regardless of how dangerous the person's situation is?
Re: God Knows What You Want But You Still Need To Ask! by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 25, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

So you are saying God answers people prayer at his own will and ease regardless of how dangerous the person's situation is?

Your definition of 'danger' may not be His nor anybody else's.

A mama called me several times and kept on leaving messages. "Tina call me it's urgent, it's urgent" I was on the underground where there's no service so couldn't receive her calls.

When I came out, I called her back.

She said, "my tap is dripping".

The way she said, "it's urgent, it's urgent", I thought her house was on fire.
Re: God Knows What You Want But You Still Need To Ask! by FERNANDEZISBACK: 12:34pm On Mar 25, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

Your definition of 'danger' may not be His nor anybody else's.

A mama called me several times and kept on leaving messages. "Tina call me it's urgent, it's urgent" I was on the underground where there's no service so couldn't receive her calls.

When I came out, I called her back.

She said, "my tap is dripping".

The way she said, "it's urgent, it's urgent", I thought her house was on fire.
Pastor MLS thanks for your input..
I really appreciate the fact that you took your time to explain..

1 Like

Re: God Knows What You Want But You Still Need To Ask! by Quicksilver5: 1:41pm On Mar 25, 2022
isaiah4life:

the fact that it said ask and it shall be given doesn't literally mean as it seems, just imagine the fact then, "a robber asking for success before an operation " "a man asking for more money to spend lavishly " "a woman praying that her dirty secrets never be found out " so in your own opinion, do you think it's right to answer every single time just because someone asks, God knows what's best for you, what you may ask for sometimes may lead to your end unknowingly to you ,Moses commanded water out of the rock for the Israelites to drink, God answered but let Moses face the consequences, so you should always trust in the Lord, whatever he does is best
Re: God Knows What You Want But You Still Need To Ask! by isaiah4life(m): 1:49pm On Mar 25, 2022
Thank you for this lucid explanation. Thanks!

Quicksilver5:
the fact that it said ask and it shall be given doesn't literally mean as it seems, just imagine the fact then, "a robber asking for success before an operation " "a man asking for more money to spend lavishly " "a woman praying that her dirty secrets never be found out " so in your own opinion, do you think it's right to answer every single time just because someone asks, God knows what's best for you, what you may ask for sometimes may lead to your end unknowingly to you ,Moses commanded water out of the rock for the Israelites to drink, God answered but let Moses face the consequences, so you should always trust in the Lord, whatever he does is best

1 Like

Re: God Knows What You Want But You Still Need To Ask! by Nobody: 3:06pm On Mar 25, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Pastor MLS thanks for your input..
I really appreciate the fact that you took your time to explain..

You are welcome. Keep on praying and never give up.
Re: God Knows What You Want But You Still Need To Ask! by Image123(m): 8:36pm On Mar 25, 2022
LordReed:

God is not a man, duh.

1 Like

Re: God Knows What You Want But You Still Need To Ask! by LordReed(m): 9:38pm On Mar 25, 2022
Image123:

God is not a man, duh.

Yes, he's a just a weird dream. LoLz.
Re: God Knows What You Want But You Still Need To Ask! by Image123(m): 5:47am On Mar 26, 2022
LordReed:

Yes, he's a just a weird dream. LoLz.

A dream billions of people have and that you daily talk about with great concern. lol

1 Like

Re: God Knows What You Want But You Still Need To Ask! by LordReed(m): 7:59am On Mar 26, 2022
Image123:

A dream billions of people have and that you daily talk about with great concern. lol

You mistake my amusement for concern. LoLz.
Re: God Knows What You Want But You Still Need To Ask! by xproducer: 3:21pm On Mar 26, 2022
LordReed:

---

"Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable." - Psalm 145:3

Intellectualism, and the rebellious, prideful concept of "I've got it all figured out" will get those that rely on such things their just desserts because - "There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death" - Proverbs 16:25

Humankind is "but dust and ashes" - Genesis 18:27, but for the grace and mercy of GOD.

---

"You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews." - John 4:22

"For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh; but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God." - Romans 2:28-29

+++

"Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." - Isaiah 55:7-9

Re: God Knows What You Want But You Still Need To Ask! by Workch: 3:43pm On Mar 26, 2022
Seems like God is playing a game.

I know what you want put I want you to beg.
And you serve such asshole? cheesy

Same asshole god that purportedly created deaf and dumb people grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is No Nairalander Talking About This? (Pictures) / There Is Nothing Like A Liberal Muslim. / Beware Of Fake Men Of God- Anita Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.