Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,613 members, 7,865,473 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:45 PM

I’ll Forever Cherish My Reign As Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria---fiona Amuzie - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I’ll Forever Cherish My Reign As Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria---fiona Amuzie (2779 Views)

Photos From Fiona Amuzie's White Wedding / Photos From The Traditional Wedding Of Fiona Amuzie / Fiona Amuzie Graduates From UK University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Forever Cherish My Reign As Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria---fiona Amuzie by sadiq88: 10:51pm On Jul 02, 2011
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/blockbuster/2011/july/02/blockbuster-01-07-2011-001.html

Fiona Amuzie
I’ll forever cherish my reign as Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria
By Tosin Ajirire
Saturday, July 2, 2011

Amuzie
Photo: Sun News Publishing
Mores Stories on this Section
For Fiona Amuzie, former Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria, a chapter in the book of her life was closed last Saturday. It was just as another one was opening for 20-year-old Sylvia Nduka, Miss Taraba State, who emerged as the new MBGN queen. Clad in a green night gown, Amuzie was all smiles as she relinquished her crown. This is her parting shot.

Closed chapter
I am closing one of the most beautiful chapters in the book of my life as the outgoing Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria. It was a year filled with emotions, learning, friendship and growth. From dancing on the same stage with the President and the First Lady of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, to meeting influential people, to assisting victims of human trafficking and child labour, I have really enjoyed my reign.

Cherished experience
Being the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria is an experience that I will cherish forever. This experience has changed my entire perspective of life. So many people gave me strength, inspiration and encouragement throughout my reign and I am thankful to everyone. From receiving a peace ambassadorship award by Igwe Efobi of Idemili North LGA and Youth Achievers Award by Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State, to presenting an award at the MTV Africa Awards, to representing my country in China for the Miss World competition, I am truly grateful for every single occurrence that has gone into shaping my year.

Gratitude
First and foremost, I would like to express my utmost gratitude to everyone at the Silverbird Group for making my dream of being an ambassador of our great nation come to fruition. Mr. Guy Murray-Bruce, without you none of this would be possible and I will always be indebted to you for your kindness.

My family, my backbone
My family has been my backbone. I couldn’t have asked to be born into a better family. The support I have received from all my siblings, cousins, uncles and aunties and especially my parents have all been incredible. I thank my mother for coming all the way to China to encourage me.

Advice to new queen
As I open a new chapter as MBGN alumni, I hope to continue to make an impact in the world with my non-profit organization, Fiona Amuzie Organisation Against Trafficking in Persons and Child Labour (FOTP). NAPTIP and WOTCLEF have assisted me in making an impact during this time. As I pass along a wonderful crown to the next Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria, I would like to offer her a few words of advice. You should take advantage of this grand opportunity and note that this is only the beginning of a promising and bright future.

My life, a testament
I stood in faith with my Maker a year ago, I stand with Him now and I thank Him for His blessing. My life is a testament to what God can do if only we could believe in Him.

Re: I’ll Forever Cherish My Reign As Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria---fiona Amuzie by iice(f): 10:11am On Jul 03, 2011
lipsrsealed
Re: I’ll Forever Cherish My Reign As Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria---fiona Amuzie by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 03, 2011
I comment my reserve. Is this the face that won MBGN? lipsrsealed

Oh well ,there is hope for some of us then, when is the next one taking place? grin
Re: I’ll Forever Cherish My Reign As Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria---fiona Amuzie by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 03, 2011
This MGBN is turning to something else. . .
Re: I’ll Forever Cherish My Reign As Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria---fiona Amuzie by tpia5: 8:14pm On Jul 03, 2011
hope the hubs is on standby.
Re: I’ll Forever Cherish My Reign As Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria---fiona Amuzie by emofine(f): 8:25pm On Jul 03, 2011
erm is MBGN first come first serve 
Re: I’ll Forever Cherish My Reign As Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria---fiona Amuzie by Nellyon(f): 11:53am On Jul 04, 2011
You should, your being crowned was a freak accident.
Re: I’ll Forever Cherish My Reign As Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria---fiona Amuzie by mukina2: 1:41pm On Jul 04, 2011
iice:

lipsrsealed
grin grin grin
Re: I’ll Forever Cherish My Reign As Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria---fiona Amuzie by philip0906(m): 2:25pm On Jul 04, 2011
d crown belongs 2 those with sweet punto and not d ones with d cute face. . . grin grin grin
Re: I’ll Forever Cherish My Reign As Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria---fiona Amuzie by ZnO: 2:36pm On Jul 04, 2011
Amuzie

Re: I’ll Forever Cherish My Reign As Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria---fiona Amuzie by Nellyon(f): 2:46pm On Jul 04, 2011
Is it just me getting old and blind or is PLATEAU spelt wrong?
Re: I’ll Forever Cherish My Reign As Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria---fiona Amuzie by Mobinga: 2:48pm On Jul 04, 2011
She's not even fine sef.

Miss Enugu was better. My classmate in primary school. cool
Re: I’ll Forever Cherish My Reign As Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria---fiona Amuzie by iice(f): 2:50pm On Jul 04, 2011
Nellyon:

Is it just me getting old and blind or is PLATEAU spelt wrong?

Lmao, it's not you.

She looks better in the other pics than the first one
Re: I’ll Forever Cherish My Reign As Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria---fiona Amuzie by Nayah(f): 3:36pm On Jul 04, 2011
Now yes I prefer Miss Taraba smiley
Re: I’ll Forever Cherish My Reign As Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria---fiona Amuzie by Goldieluks: 10:33pm On Jul 04, 2011
I don't blame her,she should cherish it because she knows she doesn't deserve it in the first place ''no offinnsesce''
Re: I’ll Forever Cherish My Reign As Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria---fiona Amuzie by semid4lyfe(m): 1:08am On Jul 05, 2011
Nayah:

Now yes I prefer Miss Taraba smiley

They didn't contest in the same year.

Fiona Amuzie is the immediate ex-MBGN. She handed over her crown to Miss Taraba
Re: I’ll Forever Cherish My Reign As Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria---fiona Amuzie by Nayah(f): 8:09am On Jul 05, 2011
Semid I perfectly know but I prefer this year when I see Fiona
Re: I’ll Forever Cherish My Reign As Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria---fiona Amuzie by Mobinga: 10:02am On Jul 05, 2011
Goldieluks:

I don't blame her,she should cherish it because she knows she doesn't deserve it in the first place ''no offinnsesce''
Oh please shut up. Envious cunt.
Re: I’ll Forever Cherish My Reign As Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria---fiona Amuzie by Nellyon(f): 8:01am On Jul 06, 2011
Mobinga:

Oh please shut up. Envious womanliness.
You shut up blind Modafcuker,

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Nollywood Actresses With Banging Bodies / Bba's Dillish Bares bosoms As She Visits Himba Community / Singer Mo’cheddah Looking Hot In Denim Jumpsuit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.