Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,409 members, 7,861,152 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:52 AM

10 Euros A Loaf? German Farmers Warn Of Massive Food Price Hikes - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 10 Euros A Loaf? German Farmers Warn Of Massive Food Price Hikes (549 Views)

British Soldiers Told To Get Ready For War Against Russia, Warn Loved Ones (Pics / France Freezes Assets Of Russia's Central Bank Totalling 22 Billion Euros / Palestinians Warn Of Religious War If Jews ‘storm’ Temple Mount (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Euros A Loaf? German Farmers Warn Of Massive Food Price Hikes by aadex12: 3:08am On Mar 28, 2022
Food prices to increase dramatically in Germany

With the war in Ukraine putting pressure on global markets, Germany’s farmers have forecast “price jumps of an unprecedented magnitude” for food. According to a paper published by the German Farmers’ Association last week, the entire food supply chain is facing huge cost increases, which will ultimately be passed on to consumers.

The paper warned that the Ukraine war will have “massive negative consequences for the world foot situation”, especially in North Africa, the Middle East and Asia.

However, the pinch will also be felt closer to home. The vice president of the Farmers’ Association in Schleswig-Holstein, Klaus-Peter Lucht, told Bild that he expected food prices in Germany to rise by an average of 20 to 40 percent overall. Since Ukraine is one of the world’s largest exporters of wheat, the squeeze will be particularly apparent on the price of bread. Lucht said the price of load “could double. Up to 10 euros.”

He added that some products could become unavailable for the foreseeable future, including sunflower and rapeseed oil and apricot jam, all of which come primarily from Ukraine. “Because of the war in Ukraine, these will soon no longer be available in supermarkets,” Lucht said.
German farmers call for government action

Farmers are calling for “short-term and long-term measures” from the federal government and the EU to stabilise agricultural production. Already, ministers have proposed that farmers be allowed to temporarily farm on so-called ecological priority areas, such as fallow land. The association wants farmers to also be allowed to use pesticides in these areas.

The association has also highlighted the problems facing fertiliser production in Germany and the EU. The process of producing agricultural fertilisers is energy-intensive and requires natural gas. Farmers are warning that, should gas supplies be interrupted, fertiliser production would be impacted, and thus “significantly lower harvests would be inevitable from 2023.”

Re: 10 Euros A Loaf? German Farmers Warn Of Massive Food Price Hikes by Nobody: 3:25am On Mar 28, 2022
Worry about Buhari. Worry about freeing Nigeria from Fulani bondage.

1 Like

Re: 10 Euros A Loaf? German Farmers Warn Of Massive Food Price Hikes by aadex12: 3:26am On Mar 28, 2022
but how
Re: 10 Euros A Loaf? German Farmers Warn Of Massive Food Price Hikes by dasparrow: 4:02am On Mar 28, 2022
I am not surprised. The Russia - Ukraine war will definitely have a negative impact on other european countries because these nations are to an extent dependent on one another since no country is an Island. Countries need one another. People in Germany told me that it is very difficult to find vegetable cooking oil right now. As in, there is a scarcity of vegetable cooking oil in the groceries stores.

Even in America, Biden came out 2 days ago to announce that there is going to be a real food shortage. You know the powers that be have to find all means to lower the world population as they intended. First it was by creating a deadly virus in the lab and releasing it into the human population that then killed thousands of people. Then, they manufactured poisonous vaccines that caused cardiac arrest, stroke, myocarditis, etc. Then they decided to encourage a war between Russia and Ukraine to usher in a food shortage so that many people can perish from hunger. Yep! I see what they are doing but God pass them.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-warns-americans-food-shortage-gonna-be-real-following-sanctions-russia

Re: 10 Euros A Loaf? German Farmers Warn Of Massive Food Price Hikes by dasparrow: 4:09am On Mar 28, 2022
jerseyboy:
Worry about Buhari. Worry about freeing Nigeria from Fulani bondage.

No, that is the wrong mindset to have. We live in a globalized world and what affects one country affects us all. And even if you live in the diaspora, as long as you were born by Nigerian parents, you are a Nigerian and the Fulani problem is every Nigerian's problem irrespective of where the Nigerian lives in the world. If you do not care about Nigeria, why are you on Nairaland and in the politics section at that? Shouldn't you be on some American or European forum bro?
Re: 10 Euros A Loaf? German Farmers Warn Of Massive Food Price Hikes by Tokskob2008: 4:09am On Mar 28, 2022
It's already expensive here too. #250 bread is now #600.
Re: 10 Euros A Loaf? German Farmers Warn Of Massive Food Price Hikes by Nobody: 4:21am On Mar 28, 2022
dasparrow:

No, that is the wrong mindset to have. We live in a globalized world and what affects one country affects us all. And even if you live in the diaspora, as long as you were born by Nigerian parents, you are a Nigerian and the Fulani problem is every Nigerian's problem irrespective of where the Nigerian lives in the world. If you do not care about Nigeria, why are you on Nairaland and in the politics section at that? Shouldn't you be on some American or European forum bro?
I just wan yan Buhari. Naija don tire me. I no go fit go my town again and my children might never see it too in my lifetime because of FULANI.
Re: 10 Euros A Loaf? German Farmers Warn Of Massive Food Price Hikes by complexBoss12: 4:34am On Mar 28, 2022
US should stop forcing people to make statements against Russia or sanction.

The brain washed people here, if you know what Putin is doing for you, the sacrifices he is making to establish a bipolar (or more) structure, you will hang his portraits in your house and give respect.

You free to quote and swear for yourself. Check your previous quotes, there is no reply,I don't even read them!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Euros A Loaf? German Farmers Warn Of Massive Food Price Hikes by NotBeenPaid: 4:37am On Mar 28, 2022
dasparrow:

Dude even before the war between Russia and Ukraine began, Nigeria was already experiencing hyperinflation. So let's not blame it on the current crises going on globally.
Re: 10 Euros A Loaf? German Farmers Warn Of Massive Food Price Hikes by tillaman(m): 4:39am On Mar 28, 2022
Haaaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Euros A Loaf? German Farmers Warn Of Massive Food Price Hikes by Karlovych: 4:48am On Mar 28, 2022
embarassed They should consider replacing it with Amala, a certain African ethnic group have successfully replaced bread with it and it's working very well for them.
Re: 10 Euros A Loaf? German Farmers Warn Of Massive Food Price Hikes by shotovoce: 6:05am On Mar 28, 2022
E don be for Africans grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Euros A Loaf? German Farmers Warn Of Massive Food Price Hikes by helinues: 6:08am On Mar 28, 2022
I only pity Arab countries which majority of their food is based on bread kinda.

Another Arab spring could be loading. Imagine poor Lebanon that their wheat and grains reserves blown up during the ammonium explosion at their port..

No reserves no fresh products

1 Like

Re: 10 Euros A Loaf? German Farmers Warn Of Massive Food Price Hikes by pyyxxaro: 6:30am On Mar 28, 2022
I fit supply them better cheap Agege bread oh cool

1 Like

Re: 10 Euros A Loaf? German Farmers Warn Of Massive Food Price Hikes by gambojimeta: 3:38pm On Mar 28, 2022
Is that why Russians are fleeing to America grin

(1) (Reply)

After News Of New Twitter Owner Elon Musk Broke, Obama Lost 300,000 Followers. / At Least Five Russian Businessmen Have Died By Apparent Suicide In Three Months / Financial Times Is Amazed At How It Happened That With The Russian Defense Budge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.